• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians, anything wrong with the following?

Skwim

Veteran Member
This is an image (created in 2013 I believe) that first appeared on the Betty Bowers ("America's Best Christian") web site, which has since found itself popping up across the internet---it was recently posted in a thread here on RF. It's a parody of the For Dummies instructional/reference books.

image.jpeg

I realize some Christians might take exception to it, perhaps as an abuse of a well known theme of Jesus knocking on the door, but aside from that, as a succinct summery of Christian salvation I believe it's spot on.

Any disagreements?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
This is an image (created in 2013 I believe) that first appeared on the Betty Bowers ("America's Best Christian") web site, which has since found itself popping up across the internet---it was recently posted in a thread here on RF. It's a parody of the For Dummies instructional/reference books.

image.jpeg

I realize some Christians might take exception to it, perhaps as an abuse of a well known theme of Jesus knocking on the door, but aside from that, as a succinct summery of Christian salvation I believe it's spot on.

Any disagreements?

I've seen this....
it's a poor rep of the actual situation

without Someone to mentor your next life.....
it's not what the Mentor will do

it's the chaos of billions also not having a Mentor
that you will have to deal with

Someone Greater should be in charge

if He stands back.....leaves you on your own.....

Kemosloby

Premium Member
It leaves out God the Father. The judgement day seems to be arranged by God the Father, since even Jesus doesn't know when that is. Jesus is God's Mercy. You can either let him in and have mercy on your side. Or you can be judged fairly according to what you've done on Earth. And if you've sinned and choose judgement over mercy, the penalty for sin is death.

Blackdog22

It leaves out God the Father. The judgement day seems to be arranged by God the Father, since even Jesus doesn't know when that is. Jesus is God's Mercy. You can either let him in and have mercy on your side. Or you can be judged fairly according to what you've done on Earth. And if you've sinned and choose judgement over mercy, the penalty for sin is death.

I suppose you don't believe in the trinity then? I mean in that case it could just be changed to "what my father, who is also me, is going to do to you if you don't let me in!" It doesn't really change anything. If you really want to believe they are separate beings then hes just the spokesmen for this evil agenda. Again, nothing really shines it in a positive light; because its not.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
I suppose you don't believe in the trinity then? I mean in that case it could just be changed to "what my father, who is also me, is going to do to you if you don't let me in!" It doesn't really change anything. If you really want to believe they are separate beings then hes just the spokesmen for this evil agenda. Again, nothing really shines it in a positive light; because its not.

God made Jesus his High priest, King of creation, given all authority to rule. So if you don't let Jesus in, you reject his authority. Therefore there is no place in creation for you after the judgment day. Maybe you believe that is not good because you would rather not have any authority over you. God apparently disagrees.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
God who created man from dust is going to resurrect you into eternal life or just to kill you again.
What a temperamental egoistic God! Thanks, I will do without a second life. Otherwise also, it is not going to be like the one that I have lived.
BTW, if I were a main-line Hindu, I would have been promised 8,400,000 lives without any conditions.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
What a temperamental egoistic God! Thanks, I will do without a second life. Otherwise also, it is not going to be like the one that I have lived.
BTW, if I were a main-line Hindu, I would have been promised 8,400,000 lives without any conditions.

No, I don't believe the second life will be much like the first. If your a Hindu that means you have to die 8,400,000 times to get your 8,400,000 lives. I'll pass on that because the dying part seems the worst part. 2 doesn't seem overkill. One dying and a burying, then eternal life.

omega2xx

image.jpeg

Any disagreements?

It is not Biblical is my only objection.

RESOLUTION

image.jpeg

Any disagreements?

It is a parody that doesn't work for two reasons:-

Reason 1.

The parody suggest that the person knocking has power. How can he have power to do something if they don't let him in if he doesn't have power to save them? Surely it is in direct conflict suggesting if they let him in they are saved. And that they are saved from what will happen if they don't let him in.

Reason 2. What does letting him in save them from and how can he do anything to them if no power if they don't let him in.

Not a well thought out parody...

Originally Christ stands at the door of the heart of men. He knocks on the door of all hearts and those who receive Christ into their hearts are completely saved. It stands to reason that the the above does not work when we see the truth of what the door represents...every mans heart and the entrance of accepting Christ is full salvation.

To me it does not insult Christ or the purpose of that belief of him standing at the hearts of men and knocking.

Personally, I don't buy into it. I feel the person who actually produced it, lacked the knowledge and understanding of what it's original meaning is.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
If your a Hindu that means you have to die 8,400,000 times to get your 8,400,000 lives. I'll pass on that because the dying part seems the worst part. 2 doesn't seem overkill. One dying and a burying, then eternal life.
Yeah, Chritians are afraid of death. Even Muslims are not. For Hindus, it is a routine affair - dying and being born again. :)

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
So you think God's mercy is the rejection of fairness?