• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians and Therianthropy

Zelani

How do you, as a Christian, view therians? Evil? Mind games? Reality? What? I'd like your opinions and thoughts; and I'll respectfully share mine as well.
Zelani

From a Christian perspective the idea that a human being can have an animal 'spirit/soul' is unlikely. Humans are believed to be created in the image of God, whereas animals are not. If an animal spirit did somehow become infused (?) with a human, it would not be natural. I doubt that such a thing would be possible. I don't really know much about therianthropy to be honest, so there's not much i can say. I've never met a therian. The animal thing aside, I'm sure the're just like everybody else.

God Bless.

Zelani

Well, er, I won't be the only therian around here for long...there's quite a huge lot of us. And it's difficult to tell you precisely what a therian is, other than what's been stated already: possessing both animal and human qualities in the soul. But, then again, I speak for myself and not the entire therian community.

What troubles me is that the therian community seems to have little awareness of any mention of weres in the Bible or biblical/religious history--as in real, documented information, and yet, we are here. No, no one can physically shift into an animal, but we (at least I) experience "mental" shifts where I feel very cougar-ish, and phantom shifts, where I do feel things like ears and a tail, etc. Others will certainly have other experiences and descriptions, so keep that in mind.

I'm just wondering where this therianism fits in the Christian scheme, as many therians claim to be Christian. I do not, mind you, though I believe heavily in God and his love for us.

So, any thoughts?

Zelani

All I can say is that God does love you, regardless of whether or not a person has a 'animal connection' (excuse my bad terminology). I don't think there is anything relating to therians in the bible though.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Howls....

your not the only one around :goodjob:
not being christian myself, I cant answer your question but I figured I'd at least say hi... :hi:

wa:-do

Zelani

Well, nice to know there is a wide variety here. It's so easy to get caught up in one's own linear thinking that I had to span out just a tad. So, Master Vigil, what do you mean "of animal spirit"? What is the animal?

Painted Wolf, do you mind if I ask what your religion is?

Dudley Thoth *smiles* I know, and tenku.

Zelani :mrgreen:

Master Vigil

Well, my spirit is half wolf. This allows me to smell the spirit world and has allowed me to work with the spirits on a daily basis. I am not a typical were that you might find, I am more like a mystic who is enabled to be so by my animal spirit.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Zelani-

I am native american in belief and heritage...

perhaps a fuller discussion of Theranthropy belongs on the Paganism or general areas of the site?

I would be most intrested in compairing notes 8)

Zelani

Painted Wolf, in regards to your own beliefs, er, I guess moving to another area would be good...but why? I'm here to compare and learn about Christianity and their views of therianthropy. I was, afterall, a Christian since birth until I decided that I didn't want my beliefs poured down my throat. But I digress...I'm searching, questioning, etc., and I'd like to know other's thoughts. That's how I learn--and hopefully others, as well. So let's keep it here.

Further, my mentor, my kindred spirit, and my friend, was half Cherokee (your mention of Native American heritage makes me think of her). I cannot speak enough of her, but to tell you that she is the one person--next to my father--whom I have admired, respected, and strived to earn respect in return from. She was truly a wise person, full of knowledge and spirituality...she was my answer when I didn't know, and living without her has been so difficult, though *grin* she'd probably tell you that I'm doing just fine. She died a year ago. Now and then she sends me signs, usually birds, and she's called me to her in 2 dreams. She adhered to no one faith, but believed in a a universal and loving spirit that guided us through this life. She never pushed her beliefs on me or anyone; on the contrary, she pushed for all of her students to find their own paths--and she was my teacher, originally. Then we became friends. It's a long story. Regardless, I miss her...and feel weak that I want to talk with her for guidance when I know she's still with me.

Runt, you say, ditto, why?

King Neb...I'll look that up and get back to you *curses* I hate not being able to find what I need when I need it....*grrr*

Zelani

Runt

I say "ditto" because I too think that this would be a nice topic to have in the paganism forum, and would like to discuss this topic from a non-Christian perspective...

Zelani

Dudley Thoth, I've read Daniel 4:32-33, and aside from calling King Neb a beast and giving him animal qualities, I have yet to see why you bring this verse up. It's one thing to quote the Bible, and it's another thing to explain it from your position. Until you explain it, it's open to anyone's interpretation, and as far as I'm concerned, it means diddly squat to me. If you want to discuss/debate this, then make a point.

Runt, that makes no sense; the whole reason I brought this topic up was to receive Christian feedback. I am trying to learn. Why move this topic to the "hidden and unseen" areas?

Frustrated,
Zelani

Zelani said:
Dudley Thoth, I've read Daniel 4:32-33, and aside from calling King Neb a beast and giving him animal qualities, I have yet to see why you bring this verse up. It's one thing to quote the Bible, and it's another thing to explain it from your position. Until you explain it, it's open to anyone's interpretation, and as far as I'm concerned, it means diddly squat to me. If you want to discuss/debate this, then make a point.

Runt, that makes no sense; the whole reason I brought this topic up was to receive Christian feedback. I am trying to learn. Why move this topic to the "hidden and unseen" areas?

Frustrated,
Zelani

Fair enough.

It was the only passage of scripture that came to my mind.

A straight reading of it is this. Nebuchadnezzer was transformed into an animal (or became beast-like) because he failed to acknowledge God. Only when he recognized God did he become fully human again.

If any relevent Biblical examples come to mind, relating to therians, i will share them with you.

God Bless 8)

Hi Zelani :hi:

Look, I've been thinking.

Rather than give you a Christion opinion, I'll give you the opinion of a Christian.

God wants to know you, Okay. 8)

Don't let Therianthropy be a problem.

Stop thinking about it. 8)

Just be honest.

If you want to accept God into you life then do it! 8)

At this stage I dont think you'll get the answers your after.

God Bless Zelani and look after yourself.

Master Vigil

Zelani, its ok. No one here is out to get you. And Runt understands that you want to discuss this in this forum. She just wants another discussion about the same topic in the pagan forum as well. It is a topic that interests her and she would just love to have a pagan point of view as well. No worries, no need to be frustrated.

By the way, never lose your animal side. It is what makes you special. But, whats more important is what you do with your animalities that really makes you special. I know from experience that alot of christians may believe you are evil or insane. But that is nonsense. Never feel the need to fit in, for no one really fits in anywhere. Your animal side will show you the way, if you are willing to let it. No frustration, just love.

Runt

Zelani--

LMAO... I was just suggesting that you keep this conversation going and recieve Christian feedback here... and you bring it up in the Paganism forum so those of us who have no Christian feedback to give but still want to talk to you about the concept of an animal spirit can do so... Master Vigil summed up my feelings pretty accurately. :)

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Zelani-
I'm sorry you feel the other forums arn't what you want in discussion of the therintropes soul...

as I non-chrisitan my feedback here is limited.

I hope you dont mind my starting a thread on the paganism area, and I hope that you will come over and help me explain Theranthropy to the rest. :mrgreen: