• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians And Sodomy

sooda

Veteran Member
The site where Wyatt "found" S and G is a
very unsuitable place for a city. It was not
necessarily always so.

Ozymandias
BY PERCY BYSSHE SHELLEY
I met a traveller from an antique land,
Who said—“Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert. . . . Near them, on the sand,
Half sunk a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them, and the heart that fed;
And on the pedestal, these words appear:
My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings;
Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.”

Ron Wyatt has been debunked 6 ways to Sunday.. The climate hasn't changed around the Dead sea in 12,000 years.

Audie

Veteran Member
Ron Wyatt has been debunked 6 ways to Sunday.. The climate hasn't changed around the Dead sea in 12,000 years.

Well,you dont need to tell me that RW is
a piece of work.

World wide, deserts have been on the march,
following the plow, axe, and goat. I dont know
details, but a great deal of the middle east has
been ruined that way.

I muchly doubt the dust storms of todays Iraq and syria
were a feature of the land when people first started
herding and agriculture there.

Darkforbid

Then why do land-use studies throughout the Mediterranean, North Africa, and the Mid-East show the prevalence of crops and forests, which were suited to cooler, wetter climates in the period before 1000 B.C.

Prestor John

There is no good reason to believe that.
The qualifier "good" is completely subjective and therefore worthless.
Nope, you are confused. That is what creationists do.
No. You assume that how things work today was how things worked in the past.

You never once consider that the claims had in the scriptures could be true.
I think he wanted a clarification.
I think he can speak for himself.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The qualifier "good" is completely subjective and therefore worthless.

No. You assume that how things work today was how things worked in the past.

You never once consider that the claims had in the scriptures could be true.

I think he can speak for himself.

There is no excuse to excessively break up such a short post, unless one wants to be dishonest. You really don't want to be dishonest, do you?

And please, spreading falsehoods about others is lying. I used to be a Christian, you have been told that, so you have to know that I used to believe many parts of the Bible.

I do not assume that the laws of physics have not changed, that can be shown to be the case. You may assume. In fact you probably do. I am not guilty of that sin.

sooda

Veteran Member

Then why do land-use studies throughout the Mediterranean, North Africa, and the Mid-East show the prevalence of crops and forests, which were suited to cooler, wetter climates in the period before 1000 B.C.

They don't... you're looking at 10,000 years ago or earlier. Oil exploration and geologists didn't get it wrong.

sooda

Veteran Member
What place?

The Lord destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah for many reasons.

If there were cities of the plain, they were probably long gone before Lot and Abraham.....

Ezekiel 16:49 “‘The sin of your sister Sodom was this: She lived with her daughters in the lap of luxury—proud, gluttonous, and lazy. They ignored the oppressed and the poor.

Prestor John

There is no excuse to excessively break up such a short post, unless one wants to be dishonest. You really don't want to be dishonest, do you?
Unless you can show an example of me attempting to be dishonest by "breaking up a post" your opinion about how I choose to respond to other's post is irrelevant.

I have explained to you in the past why I choose to respond the way I do and it has nothing to do with dishonesty.
And please, spreading falsehoods about others is lying. I used to be a Christian, you have been told that, so you have to know that I used to believe many parts of the Bible.
First off, I have seen no evidence that you have ever been a "Christian" or that you believed in any part of the Bible.

Even if those things were true, how is that supposed to change my observations of what you say today?

Today you do not consider any of the claims of the scriptures could be true.

Have you considered the idea that the Earth and all things upon it had once existed in a paradisiacal state, without decay or death, for an indeterminate amount of time?

Have you considered the possibility that the Earth, once formed, did not always reside in this solar system?

It is an assumption that the Earth was formed where it orbits today and that there was no suspension of mortal law of nature.

Second, you immediately claimed that I was "confused" simply because I believe in Intelligent Design.

You have never been able to prove that I am "confused" about anything, so which one of us is "spreading falsehood" about the other?
I do not assume that the laws of physics have not changed, that can be shown to be the case. You may assume. In fact you probably do. I am not guilty of that sin.
You assume that you can discern and determine all the laws that govern the universe.

Much is hidden from those who cannot see with spiritual eyes.

sooda

Veteran Member
Unless you can show an example of me attempting to be dishonest by "breaking up a post" your opinion about how I choose to respond to other's post is irrelevant.

I have explained to you in the past why I choose to respond the way I do and it has nothing to do with dishonesty.

First off, I have seen no evidence that you have ever been a "Christian" or that you believed in any part of the Bible.

Even if those things were true, how is that supposed to change my observations of what you say today?

Have you considered the idea that the Earth and all things upon it had once existed in a paradisiacal state, without decay or death, for an indeterminate amount of time?

Have you considered the possibility that the Earth, once formed, did not always reside in this solar system?

It is an assumption that the Earth was formed where it orbits today and that there was no suspension of mortal law of nature.

Second, you immediately claimed that I was "confused" simply because I believe in Intelligent Design.

You have never been able to prove that I am "confused" about anything, so which one of us is "spreading falsehood" about the other?

You assume that you can discern and determine all the laws that govern the universe.

You think earth once existed in a paradisiacal state?

What are spiritual eyes?

Are you familiar with the Bahrain archeipeligo?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

Actually this time you did not do that, but usually people do so to be dishonest and that includes you.

Last point first, if you are not confused then you it is almost sure that you are a liar. I would rather assume that you were confused rather than lying. As to all of your questions the evidence is clear as to what happened. There is no evidence at all for any of your fanciful "what ifs". What if the universe was the product of Fuchsia Fairy Flatulence? Pointless questions are pointless. Like it or not your beliefs claim that God is a liar. When I was a Christian I did not believe that God lied, the question is why do you?

No, I assumption is the sin of creationists. I follow the evidence. By the way, why would an honest God hide anything? Again you claim that God is a liar.

And let's not make false claims about other's beliefs past or present in God. By your logic I could claim that your hatred of others tells me that you do not believe in the Christian God either. That probably would not go over well with you.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You think earth once existed in a paradisiacal state?

What are spiritual eyes?

Are you familiar with the Bahrain archeipeligo?
One of my pet peeves regarding creationists is that they accuse others of "assuming" far too often. Usually it is because that is what they would have to do since they refuse to understand the sciences. Ironically it is almost always a breaking of the Ninth Commandment when they make that claim.