1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Featured Christians and Q

Discussion in 'General Religious Debates' started by ecco, Feb 27, 2021.

1. joelr

joelr Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +529

As Carrier says, people are building worldviews on mythologies. Critical thinking and philosophies that relate to real world situations are not being taught to children. Religious thinking is actually part of the problem. People need to build world views out of evidence and rational thinking. We are seeing people leave religions and latch on to these weird "jiggered" world views. But philosophy has become this "ivory tower" that turns people away from it.
    Don't take my word for it Carrier says it better, this is very insightful, especially how we are now often using current fiction as source of morals.

start at 50:16

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Lyndon

Lyndon "Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,199
    Religion:
    Theism+Jesus(pbuh) influenced by....... Taoism and Buddhism
    Is Q is a member of the forum now?

3. ecco

ecco Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +6,465
    Religion:
    atheist
    Religious people in general and very religious people, in particular, are taught to unquestioningly believe and unquestioningly accept. This makes them ideal candidates to become cult and conspiracy followers.

The Q phenomenon and the adoration of Trump are predictable end results. With the advent of social media, they feed each other and feed on each other.

• Like Like x 1
  4. mikkel_the_dane

mikkel_the_dane Shadow Wolf's Aspie sibling

Ratings:
    +1,520
    Religion:
    The Wrong One
    Some studies show that it is counter-productive* and thus not rational*, so what does that make you? ;) *Note that you are a human like all the rest of us and objectively like the rest of us not really rational all the time, because that is not possible. Rather it is apparently in effect irrationally possible to believe that it is possible to be rational all the time.

BTW. I am not rational all the time, because I am in effect not sane for a limited parts of my brain, yet I bleed if you cut me. And you bleed if I cut you. In other words I am as much a human like you and you don't in effect use only reason, logic and evidence. Rather you use emotions/feelings like the rest of us, so welcome to all of humanity.

5. ecco

ecco Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +6,465
    Religion:
    atheist
    Who came out?

Why would you think he/she felt bad about anything.

They are making quite a few good dollars by continuing their "campaign".

The latest is that Trump, like Lincoln, will be inaugurated on March 4th. The nearby Trump hotel has already raised their rates for March 3/4

6. ecco

ecco Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +6,465
    Religion:
    atheist
    What mask theory?

7. ecco

ecco Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +6,465
    Religion:
    atheist
    None of which has anything to do with the topic of the OP.

How about one of you start your own thread.

8. ecco

ecco Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +6,465
    Religion:
    atheist
    The article is from August 2020. If anything, the Q conspiracy has grown in popularity.

9. ecco

ecco Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +6,465
    Religion:
    atheist
    I don't see people leaving their religion to become Q believers. Rather Q is incorporating and feeding on their religious beliefs. Remember, one of the main storylines is that the Satanic Elites are the ones kidnapping children in order to drink their blood. It's an old story...

QAnon, Blood Libel, and the Satanic Panic

From the very first, there were cabals that chose which children would be taken and sacrificed, and harvested their blood for use in secret rituals. The clandestine gathering, the child’s blood misused: These are constants across centuries.

In the case of William of Norwich—a young boy found dead in a wood in England, in the year 1144—his premature demise was transformed, ex post facto, into a ritual supposedly performed by Jews explicitly to mock the Passion of the Christ. In this lurid account of ritual desecration, the Jews scourged the boy, anointed him with thorns, lanced him in the side as Christ had been lanced, and staunched the flow of blood with boiling water. All this was meant to consecrate the celebration of Passover. William’s hagiographer, the monk Thomas of Monmouth, laid out this unsubstantiated account in excruciating detail, leading to the canonization of the dead boy. Like mushrooms after rain, accounts of miracles arose around his tomb.

But even in that same account, authored in 1173, the monk was not content to limit the image of depravity to the Jews of a single city in eastern England. Instead, drawing on a secondhand source—a monk named Theobald who supposedly converted from Judaism after hearing of the miracles of St. William of Norwich—Monmouth depicted a grimmer, larger scheme. “He verily told us that in the ancient writings of his fathers it was written that the Jews, without the shedding of human blood, could neither obtain their freedom, nor could they ever return to their fatherland,” Monmouth wrote. “Hence it was laid down by them in ancient times that every year they must sacrifice a Christian in some part of the world to the Most High God in scorn and contempt of Christ, that so they might avenge their sufferings on Him.”
    Blood Libel

The term blood libel refers to the false allegation that Jews used the blood of non-Jewish, usually Christian children, for ritual purposes. The Nazis made effective use of the blood libel to demonize Jews, with Julius Steicher's newspaper Der Stürmer making frequent use of ritual murder imagery in its antisemitic propaganda.​

10. Heyo

Heyo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +5,558
    Religion:
    none
    There are contradictory studies. The keyword here is "mixed message". When you calmly state "I'd prefer you don't do that again" it is a mixed message where the emotional message doesn't fit the informational one. Say instead "ARE YOU ****ING MAD? NEVER DO THAT AGAIN!". That's a concise message where emotion and information fit together.
    Agreed. Like most I run on auto most of the time. the difference between me and a conspiracy nut is that I have the ability to think rationally about almost anything.

• Like Like x 1
  11. robocop (actually)

robocop (actually) Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +926
    Religion:
    two years re-baptized into Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
    "that masks can kill you; that the germ theory isn’t real;"

12. Lyndon

Lyndon "Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,199
    Religion:
    Theism+Jesus(pbuh) influenced by....... Taoism and Buddhism
    Yeah there are some real nut cases out there that believe stuff like that.

13. cOLTER

cOLTER Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +274
    Religion:
    Disciple
    Jesus said he would send the "spirit of truth" to the "spiritual kingdom" in his followers lifetime. He did. To claim he meant his literal return is a false claim or conspiracy to discredit Jesus among Atheist.

14. cOLTER

cOLTER Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +274
    Religion:
    Disciple
    The Q conspiracy people are a tiny fringe.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. cOLTER

cOLTER Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +274
    Religion:
    Disciple
  16. robocop (actually)

robocop (actually) Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +926
    Religion:
    two years re-baptized into Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
    Masks can kill you, but they are like 10000x more likely to save you.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. ecco

ecco Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +6,465
    Religion:
    atheist
    Your definition of "tiny" is nonsensical.

Majority Of Republicans Believe The QAnon Conspiracy Theory Is Partly Or Mostly True, Survey Finds

Tommy BeerForbes Staff
    Business
    Updated Sep 2, 2020, 09:33pm EDT

• Some 56% of Republicans believe that QAnon, a far-right conspiracy theory, is mostly or partly true, according to a new Daily Kos/Civiqs poll released Wednesday, a remarkably high number considering many of the outlandish assertions espoused by QAnon supporters.

KEY FACTS
      One in three Republicans (33%) say they believe the QAnon theory about a conspiracy among deep-state elites is “mostly true,” and another 23% say “some parts” are true.

Only 4% of Democrats think the theory is even partly true, according to the Daily Kos/Civiqs poll, with 72% of Dems responding that the QAnon conspiracy is “not true at all.”

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. ecco

ecco Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +6,465
    Religion:
    atheist
    What does that have to do with the Q conspiracy?

19. exchemist

exchemist Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +10,684
    Religion:
    RC (culturally at least)
    Oh I thought you meant this Q:

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. SomeRandom

SomeRandom Still learning to be wise
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +7,637
    Just a rumour I heard online. A twitch streamer I watch often covers conspiracy theories (tin foil Tuesday.)
    Thanks to the egging of “Q” certain folks felt emboldened to well go to the now infamous insurrection. I would think any half decent person would feel a tinge of guilt for possibly having a hand in that