• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians and muslims

Riders

So the United Methodist churches in Dallas have been embracing f and accepting Muslims and their faith. I am just wondering if other Christians embrace them and are counted as God's people like the Jewish are?

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
So the United Methodist churches in Dallas have been embracing f and accepting Muslims and their faith. I am just wondering if other Christians embrace them and are counted as God's people like the Jewish are?

Its going to depend on the Christian. Some are accepting, some aren't.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I am just wondering if other Christians embrace them and are counted as God's people like the Jewish are?
Even though there are differences of opinion of course, the Catholic Church not only does not condemn Islam as they, like Jews, are "People of the Book".

Muffled

Jesus in me

I believe I have met many who do not accept Muslims. I am one who does. Muslims are not God's people. However God loves everyone: "For God so loved the world..." John 3: 16

Muffled

Jesus in me
Even though there are differences of opinion of course, the Catholic Church not only does not condemn Islam as they, like Jews, are "People of the Book".

I believe that is in the Qu'ran but there are those who do not hold to the Bible because they have false beliefs they are trying to protect.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I believe that is in the Qu'ran but there are those who do not hold to the Bible because they have false beliefs they are trying to protect.
I don't know what you mean in the first part of the above, and what "false beliefs" are tends to be quite subjective.