• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians and Free Speech

night912

Recently, I had another look into another major Christian discussion board that disallows any posts "promoting homosexuality".
Sadly, you can't expect those people with a positive attitude towards this sexual orientation to join threads about homosexuality then.
So right from the start, the discussion is one-sided, in my opinion.
When it comes to debating facts... this seems to be particularly detrimental to the quality of the information that's getting passed off as facts there.
Moreover, the latest debate happened in a subsection in which atheists cannot post: a Christians Only subsection.

So lets see what they consider as "fact" in a discussion.

One debater came up with the remark that sex attraction was caused by "unhealed wounds" in her case.
Another poster agreed that this has been his "observation", too.
In referring to the first debater, another poster concluded that, since he or she "did early childhood education and did some reading into how children develop their identity; sexually, gender and just general identity in the community.
Boys in particular are more 'fragile' in terms of identity. If the main role models are abusive or non supportive so that the child can't identify with them there is a high chance they will grow-up with some form of dysfunction
."
... however, no source was given.
This post remained unchallenged since it was among the last ones in that thread.

So this is how "facts" are established in this major Christian discussion boards with regard to homosexuality, it seems:
no sources, no genuine debate, just unsubstanciated remarks.

It's rumor spreading and it's a shame, I think.
The ignorant will remain ignorant if they are unwilling to open their minds. There's a difference between not accepting the facts about homosexuality and not agreeing with how others view homosexuality.