• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christianity without the Cross

Good-Ole-Rebel

@Samantha Rinne

In eternity, believers are not going to 'evangelize' bringing the Gospel of Grace to all. That day is over. Though we no more evangelize, we do continue to grow in knowledge of God and Christ. And I'm sure we will always discuss with one another the new things we have learned. The same is true here when one becomes a believer in Christ. All they know at first is (John 3:16). But they then learn more about God and Christ and their conversation with other believers here reflects that. We don't just talk about the Cross. But neither do we forget the Cross.

Without the Cross, there would be no grace. Without God's work of imputation of the sin of Adam on all of mankind, and the sin of the world upon Christ, and the righteousness of Christ upon the believer, there would be no grace. I noted earlier that the believer will always throughout eternity, be blood bought. We will never be there in our own righteousness. We will only be there because we are covered in Christ's righteousness. It will not be a Gospel to evangelize with at that time. But it will always be a key part of our story that will grow as we continue to grow there.

From my point of view as a born-again Christian I have thought concerning these things. Our death here will be the biggest culture shock we will experience. This involves both those who are not Christian and the Christian. Why should it involve the Christian? Because we will no longer have this body of sin. We will be in the presence of Holy God and Jesus Christ. Though the Christians transition to that will be made easier by Jesus Christ, I still think it will be quite a change to experience.

You are correct about Christ being concerned with our relationship with Him. He is. And, I believe that the more the Christian can develop that relationship here, the less culture shock he will experience there on that day. And we can. We have the Spirit of Christ in us. The way is opened for us to experience Heaven here and now if we want to. In my studies of the Scripture I believe there are believers who have not walked with the Lord here, but are saved. When they come to that day, what a shock it will be. They got saved but never developed a relationship with Jesus Christ. I don't want to meet Him in that condition.

(1 John 2:28) "And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming." But without the Cross, none of the personal relationship is possible.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Samantha Rinne

Resident Genderfluid Writer/Artist
I guess "without" is the wrong word (as you say, without, there's no grace). More like "after". Because this would be a time after the cross, where Jesus is still present but pople have, as you say, stopped needing to evangelize for the sins of others (since they are among friends not enemies). In such an occasion I'd want to know what the main focus of Christianity is. I suppose it would be the person of Jesus, and his teachings. But specifically, I'm not sure.

Good-Ole-Rebel

I guess "without" is the wrong word (as you say, without, there's no grace). More like "after". Because this would be a time after the cross, where Jesus is still present but pople have, as you say, stopped needing to evangelize for the sins of others (since they are among friends not enemies). In such an occasion I'd want to know what the main focus of Christianity is. I suppose it would be the person of Jesus, and his teachings. But specifically, I'm not sure.

Specifically, neither do we Christians know. God has given us only what we need at this time to know. (Deut. 29:29) "The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law."

That which is revealed takes us up to the creation of the New Heavens and the New Earth. (Rev. 21:1) All the judgements are passed and done. Israel, the wife of the Father is back in a right relationship with Him. The Church, the Bride of the Son, Jesus Christ, is there also. The New Jerusalem has come down from Heaven upon or above the Earth. (Rev. 21:1-23) Israel will be the leading nation and the other nations will walk in the light of the Lamb, Christ. (Rev. 21:23-24) The throne of God the Father and the Lamb, Christ the Son, will be there. (Rev. 22:3) No artificial light will be necessary as the light of God is always present.

And that is just our beginning into eternity with God. But for now that is as far as we can go.

Good-Ole-Rebel