• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christianity vs. Islam

firedragon

Veteran Member
It doesn't death came to Jesus who was not a sinner
and that is why Jesus could die for others

I was not talking about jesus brother.

Prepare ye slaughter for his children / For the iniquity of their fathers; / That they rise not up, and possess the earth, / And fill the face of the world with cities. - Ezekiel 14:21 (Tanakh)

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
"Allah", "Eloheim", and "God" are One and the same but in different languages [Arabic, Hebrew, and English respectively]. The differences are in actuality differences of opinion.
Allah according to the Quran is the God Most High, in Arabic that is 'Ala Ilah'; which when we glue it together, making a component word without vowels, which is done in names, we get 'Allah'.

In Hebrew 'Allah' is 'El Elyon' (God Most High), and is item specific within the Tanakh separate to Yahavah Elohim (Deuteronomy 32:7-9).

2 Samuel 22:14 & Psalms 18:13 Yahweh thundered from heaven 'and' The Most High uttered his voice. + Psalms 21:7 + Psalms 50:14 + Psalms 78:35 + Psalms 92:1.

Eloh are Divine Beings who have interacted with mankind, and El is the Source, the Bible was specific, the Quran was specific (42:51); mankind has corrupted the theology, and according to the Curse of Moses, will soon be Annihilated for committing idolatry globally (Deuteronomy 32:15-22).

Basically making an Elohim into El is a form of idolatry (Isaiah 46:9), and rather than Brimstone prophesied for not understanding this (Deuteronomy 29:19-29); we could do with the Word becoming a Fire of education online (Jeremiah 23:29).

El = Source.
24 Elohim = Divine Council.
25th Elohim = The Messiah, the Spiritual King of Mankind, the Light of Israel.

In my opinion. :innocent:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
To keep it short the concept of God makes it impossible for God to order an evil for the sake of evil. Everything is done for a good purpose be it one we can see now or later. Of course it is all post-hoc rationalizations used to excuse people of their own conduct because God told them to in my view.

If I remember correctly after the Holocaust there were some Jews that believed the Holocaust was punishment by God against Jews. Hitler was merely a tool nor merely evil by his own accord. Ergo as per the above point even when something horrible is inflicted upon an individual they can convince themselves that God willed it to happen. They seek to blame themselves rather than question a belief system.

Yup especially when the rationalization are told to children before they are capable of handing the subject. IE Told what to think nor how to think.

Everything is claimed of god for the benefit of religion. Genocide is evil, more so when carried out by one who it is claimed us omniscient and created those he killed. To excuse is is evil.

Hitler had his own motives but i have heard say he did it for his faith, i.e. the Jewish as a race were responsible for killing his christ

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
In the Bible, God first loved us; unconditionally. No matter what we do He still loves us. In the Quran, Allah’s love is conditional upon obedience. Obey first, then He will love you. Anyone have any thoughts?
The God of the Bible requires us to keep to its Laws, for it to be able to love us; the Quran expresses the same sentiments.

Proverbs 15:33 The fear of Yahavah teaches wisdom. Before honour is humility.

In my opinion. :innocent:

whirlingmerc

Prepare ye slaughter for his children / For the iniquity of their fathers; / That they rise not up, and possess the earth, / And fill the face of the world with cities. - Ezekiel 14:21 (Tanakh)

I meant Jesus could die in place of mankind because he was sinless - federal representation

There are a variety of reasons the Bible says it both ways that children will suffer the consequences of parents poor choices and children will not be judicially tried for their father's crimes

All three are different issues - federal representation, consequences, human judicial proceedings

firedragon

Veteran Member
I meant Jesus could die in place of mankind because he was sinless - federal representation

There are a variety of reasons the Bible says it both ways that children will suffer the consequences of parents poor choices and children will not be judicially tried for their father's crimes

All three are different issues - federal representation, consequences, human judicial proceedings

U didnt even look up that verse did you? You had a readymade response. Like a superglue. Paste anything with it.

sooda

Veteran Member

For the inequity of their fathers.. So here again the sons pay for the crimes of their fathers.

firedragon

Veteran Member
I don't understand your comment. The Bible contradicts whether the sons are accountable for the sins of the fathers at least five times.

I commented with relationship to the OP. And the question is "If the OP is correct, why does the Bible say this".

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Muslim nations? You mean when they went rogue they aligned themselves with the Ottoman Empire.
I think you know what Muslim nation means. Like Barbary and Tripoli. Afghanistan and Malaysia. There is a such thing as the Christian world and the Muslim world, where the two have been the dominant ideology of their area. And, as I pointed out, there are numetous and plentiful exampels of those such as the Ottoman Corsairs, who were Muslim and pirates.

AJustA

well tnk you ChristineM im enjoy it a lot , why you try to stop me to talk here ? with this words " you have good one , so leave here now !?

im here to defence what im believe .. the starter write : Christianity vs. Islam

and about you "shadow wolf" , "Teach me how to Satan..teach me..teach me how to Satan"

i tell you come to islam , allah is all the power .
allah is creator of you and all things , devil is only a mad dog try hard to put us on hell.

Rational Agnostic

I am a Christian and I have on occasion read parts of the Quran. This is the major difference between the God of the Quran (Allah) and the God of the Bible and it is significant. In the Bible, God first loved us; unconditionally. No matter what we do He still loves us. In the Quran, Allah’s love is conditional upon obedience. Obey first, then He will love you. Anyone have any thoughts?

Wrong. According to the bible, the Christian god only loves people who believe that Jesus was the son of God, born of a virgin, who performed supernatural "miracles", died on a cross for our sins and was subsequently resurrected. If anyone disbelieves in any of these propositions, then according to the bible, they are condemned to a fiery hell for eternity. Sounds like the love of Jesus is very conditional indeed.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
i tell you come to islam , allah is all the power .
No can do. Im too strong and proud a woman, and have some serious issues with how women are treated in Islam.
allah is creator of you and all things
I am 100% certain my creation began with one of my moms ovums.
devil is only a mad dog try hard to put us on hell.
The devil doesnt exist. Satan, if he does exist, is a very obedient and loyal angel of god who has a dirty but necessary job.
and about you "shadow wolf" , "Teach me how to Satan..teach me..teach me how to Satan"
You forgot the "I know the Devil loves me... know the.. know the Devil loves me. Gotta get the chorus right. It's a funny, catchy song.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Wrong. According to the bible, the Christian god only loves people who believe that Jesus was the son of God, born of a virgin, who performed supernatural "miracles", died on a cross for our sins and was subsequently resurrected. If anyone disbelieves in any of these propositions, then according to the bible, they are condemned to a fiery hell for eternity. Sounds like the love of Jesus is very conditional indeed.
Except on numerous occasions the NT does state god loves all (for god so loved the world...).

Firemorphic

Activist Membrane

Well the Epistles of Paul at least.
Everything else is anarchonism from later Christian doctrine and dogma (such as applying John 3:16 to Jesus himself when he's clearly teaching an allegory in that passage).

Good-Ole-Rebel

I am a Christian and I have on occasion read parts of the Quran. This is the major difference between the God of the Quran (Allah) and the God of the Bible and it is significant. In the Bible, God first loved us; unconditionally. No matter what we do He still loves us. In the Quran, Allah’s love is conditional upon obedience. Obey first, then He will love you. Anyone have any thoughts?

Christianity and Islam are like positive and negative. Islam is not opposed to the Jews as much as it is Christianity. Why? Because Islam is a wannabe. Muhammad simply wanted a religion for the Arab peoples. So he created one. And the majority of Arab peoples bought it, or succumbed to the sword of it.

I would say God's love is not a 'blanket' over all. He does love. And He does hate. Who He loves...yes, it is without condition. But He doesn't love all. He is not an old grandmother in a rocking chair.

My thought is this. Islam is the enemy of God and Christianity. I don't care if they come and say they are peaceful and they just want to live in peace...it is all a ruse. Islam has one goal. That is to bring the country where they live under the subjugation of Islam.

One may say, well that is the goal of Christianity. Not quite. The goal of Christianity is to do all it can to further the Kingdom of God. This speaks to the individual first, salvation, and then to the Kingdom of God.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Firemorphic

Activist Membrane
Christianity and Islam are like positive and negative. Islam is not opposed to the Jews as much as it is Christianity.

Slightly better than Christians being both opposed to Jews AND Muslims.
But this is not a confirmation of your allegation, because that is a false generalization that is based in your own offense drawn from the exclusive truthclaim of the idea that salvation is only through some incarnation of God as a god-man. That's your business, not ours.

Because Islam is a wannabe. Muhammad simply wanted a religion for the Arab peoples.

A wannabe of what? the very Revelation of Islam is clearly not an attempt to conform to the Judeo-Christian bubblewrap.

My thought is this. Islam is the enemy of God and Christianity.

First you'd have to explain to us how Christianity isn't an enemy of God, Judaism, Islam and every other religion. Remember you're the one with the exclusivist, propagandist religion speaking.

I don't care if they come and say they are peaceful and they just want to live in peace...it is all a ruse. Islam has one goal. That is to bring the country where they live under the subjugation of Islam.

Yet just a second ago you claim that "Muhammad simply wanted a religion for the Arab peoples". Make up your mind :rolleyes:

One may say, well that is the goal of Christianity. Not quite. The goal of Christianity is to do all it can to further the Kingdom of God. This speaks to the individual first, salvation, and then to the Kingdom of God.

Now THIS is a ruse. It's a case of "when I say it, it's legit but when someone else says it they're evil liars". This special pleading is hilarious. The west does have an obvious Christianity bias though, it's the religion that people love even though they hate or (or love it through their hatred of it, such as found among Atheist criticism). It's familiar, easy to package, easy to sell and propagate because it's completely subjective once the Catholic church are thrown out of the picture. Easy to turn into a newagey 'peace and love' farce, but this is anything but what Christianity has shown itself to be time and time again throughout history. Christianity for the most part will never be that, Matthew 5-7 is absent from the worldviews of most Christians. You prop yourself and your religion up with conceit and self-righteousness to veil your vicious hateful snare.

Last edited: