• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christianity vs. Islam

whirlingmerc

That doesn't address my point of Christians having taken a powerful and fiercely loyal and obedient angel of Jehovah and turned him into a rebellious devil. And I'm aware of the story you speak of. It means nothing to me now and holds no sway over me.

However your angel turning against God explaining Christianity is not supported by the Bible. It seems to be an unsupported speculation/conjecture.

Why do you think it's true?

syo

I am a Christian and I have on occasion read parts of the Quran. This is the major difference between the God of the Quran (Allah) and the God of the Bible and it is significant. In the Bible, God first loved us; unconditionally. No matter what we do He still loves us. In the Quran, Allah’s love is conditional upon obedience. Obey first, then He will love you. Anyone have any thoughts?
I have a thought.

A religion VS another religion.

Will the war ever stop? :mad:

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
However your angel turning against God explaining Christianity is not supported by the Bible. It seems to be an unsupported speculation/conjecture.

Because that's the normative Christian take on Satan?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber

It's not "explaining Christianity." It is a fact Judaism does not have anything that resembles the Christian devil, and Christians took the angel Satan reinvented him into the Devil that is first seen in the NT. This "adversary of god" of who rebelled against god is foreign to Judaism.

arthra

Baha'i
"Say (O Prophet): “If you really love Allah, then follow me, and Allah shall love you and forgive you your sins. Allah is Most-Forgiving, Very-Merciful.” .

- Surih Ali Imran (3:31) Al Qur'an

Duncan

I am a Christian and I have on occasion read parts of the Quran. This is the major difference between the God of the Quran (Allah) and the God of the Bible and it is significant. In the Bible, God first loved us; unconditionally. No matter what we do He still loves us. In the Quran, Allah’s love is conditional upon obedience. Obey first, then He will love you. Anyone have any thoughts?

Hello there, I hope you are doing well. That`s a very interesting question but first allow me to clarify something very important there is but ONE GOD, the God of the Quraan like you said is the one who sent the evangile upon Jesus peace be upon him, He is also the one who sent the Torah upon Moises peace be upon him. If you take the translated Bible from English to Arabic you will find that the word GOD is translated to ALLAH.
Now in regards of Love From our creator, you have probably Noticed when reading the Quran that every chapter in the Quran begins with “In the name of Allah the Rahman the Raheem” The terms Rahman and Raheem are often mistranslated as Merciful or Compassionate and these are not accurate translations. The problem with the term mercy is that it implies that one has the power to punish but withholds themselves. It implies that one has the power to harm but does not, and it is often used in the context of having mercy on one’s enemies.

The Quran mentions two kinds of love, one is rahma and the second is hub. Allah has rahma on everything and everyone: My rahma has encompassed everything (Quran 7:157). God has this level of love for all his creation. That is why He provides provision for everyone, even those who disbelieve in Him. Despite our sins, He gives us food, air, shelter, health, and life. This is why the Quran often refers to rain as rahma. And were Allah to punish men for what they earn, He would not leave on the back of it any creature (Quran 35:45). In Islam, God has 99 names. It is particularly interesting that He chose to open each chapter in the Quran by reminding the reader of only two of his names, Rahman and Raheem. First impressions are extremely important and leave a lasting impression on people. Therefore, when God introduces Himself in the first chapter of the Quran the names Rahman and Raheem appear four times in only seven verses. God could have chosen any other name, but He wants the reader to know that He is loving, compassionate, forgiving, and always willing to accept you back no matter how many mistakes you make.

The second level of love is hub. This love is reserved for those who obey God. There is not a single place in the Quran that says Allah hates (yakrah) anyone. It only says that Allah does not have hub for certain types of people such as oppressors, arrogant people, and liars. To attain this level of love one must obey God and follow His teachings. Say, ‘If you love God, follow me, and God will love you and forgive you your sins; God is most forgiving, most raheem.’ (Quran 3:31). The following verse reads Say: Obey Allah and the Messenger But if they turn away, then Allah does not have hub for those who disbelieve (Quran 3:32).

This does not mean that love is the only meaning of rahma and hub. Both these words are much richer than the English term love. However, the notion that the God of the Quran is not one of love is inaccurate. Allah is loving, compassionate, and gives people hope. He is not a God who is out to punish: Why should God make you suffer torment if you are thankful and believe in Him? God always rewards gratitude and He knows everything. (Quran 4:147).

The names Rahman and Raheem stem from the root letters r-h-m. These are the same root letters which the word rahim comes from. A rahim is a womb, and the names of God Rahman and Raheem connote a motherly love. No one would describe a mother’s love as mercy, but they would use terms like loving, caring, selfless, compassionate, and empathetic. Umar ibn al-Khattab relates once being with the Prophet with a group of women and children detained after a battle. One woman among them was searching for her child. Whenever she saw her child, she took the child to her bosom and began breastfeeding it. The Messenger asked his companions, “Do you think this woman would throw her child into the fire?” They said, “No, by Allah, unless she has no power otherwise.” He replied, “Allah has more rahmah (arham) for His servants than this woman for her child”

But please if you have more question don`t hesitate asking :)