• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christianity vs. Islam

firedragon

Veteran Member
Yes. As far as I know, the "ha" part is more like saying the. But only to Judaism. Christianity amd Islam habe the "Satan as Devil" character that is foreign to Judaism and not a part of it.

Bro. Of course ha is just "the". This is Hebrew. Similar to arabic. Ha and al are "the" and are used all the time, everywhere for everything. Ha sathan and Satan is the same thing. Ha Sathan is not a title of the Satan. IT IS THE SATAN!!

In Islam, Satan or as shaythan means rebellious deviance. It is even referred to debris going out of the normal routine. It is not always a "devil".

Good-Ole-Rebel

Isnt Ha Sathan and Satan the exact same thing?

See. You did it again.

That sentence can be reverted back to you with just a replacement of one word. Not valid brother. Its better to seriously be objective. I know that you will either reply with a similar response or not reply at all but i am saying this for the sake of saying this.

Though you wont even honour with value to this, let me ask you a question based on your comments.

Which Islam are you speaking about?

Pretty free with that word 'brother'. I am not so generous.

I am speaking about Islam. If you have objection to what I have said, by all means, prove me wrong.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
So? You accept these 'Jews' explanation as true? Why?

Good-Ole-Rebel
It's their religion, and wasnt hijacked, appropriated, twisted and loaded with Pagan influences. The OT even makes tons more sense when putting aside the Christian perspective for one that is more in line with what Jews believe.

Good-Ole-Rebel

It's their religion, and wasnt hijacked, appropriated, twisted and loaded with Pagan influences. The OT even makes tons more sense when putting aside the Christian perspective for one that is more in line with what Jews believe.

Interesting. Which Jews do you believe? The ones that rejected Christ? Or....the ones that received Christ? You act as if the Jews were not Christians.

What makes you believe the Jews religion was 'hijacked'. I have already proved that you don't know what you are talking about when it came to Jesus and Paul.

You love to speak the accepted 'buzz thinking'. But you can never back it up.

Can you add any substance to what you say? Or, are you satisfied with just belching the smoke they always blow up your backside?

Good-Ole-Rebel

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
What makes you believe the Jews religion was 'hijacked'.
Because Christians appropriated it, changed things, invented things, added things foreign to Judaism, and additionally Christianity itself was twisted with the introduction of Pagan beliefs.
I have already proved that you don't know what you are talking about when it came to Jesus and Paul.
You have done no such thing.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I love it when Christians try talking about Judaism. It's basically 'Yeah well if the Jews were doing their religion right it would be Christianity.' Do these people not realise how arrogant this sounds? Also, which Christianity? Yours? Orthodoxy? Mennonite? Western rite Catholicism? Baptist? Anglican? Lutheran? Christadelphian? What?

By all means talk about stuff you don't understand, but don't expect not to be schooled.

firedragon

Veteran Member
I'm not your bro. Or anyone's bro.

Which means the Adversary. A verb used as a proper name for an angel (or different ones who assume the role, which I've been told might also be).

Ah. So you are no ones bro. No problem.

And about the Satan, proper name for angel, different ones, etc you have been told wrong.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Ah. So you are no ones bro. No problem.
Last I knew women aren't called "bro."
And about the Satan, proper name for angel, different ones, etc you have been told wrong.
I doubt it. Obviously so, cause Satan is a proper noun by the very function of grammar regardless of religion. And, as I said, I've heard it said it's a possibility that it refers to multiple angels who get assigned the same job/position.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I love it when Christians try talking about Judaism. It's basically 'Yeah well if the Jews were doing their religion right it would be Christianity.' Do these people not realise how arrogant this sounds? Also, which Christianity? Yours? Orthodoxy? Mennonite? Western rite Catholicism? Baptist? Anglican? Lutheran? Christadelphian? What?

By all means talk about stuff you don't understand, but don't expect not to be schooled.
Well, Baptist of course. All others have a fatal flaw in their beliefs that is getting them sent to hell. They thump it at the pulpit so if must be true. :rolleyes: (amd they really get into that thumping thing)

firedragon

Veteran Member
Last I knew women aren't called "bro."

I doubt it. Obviously so, cause Satan is a proper noun by the very function of grammar regardless of religion. And, as I said, I've heard it said it's a possibility that it refers to multiple angels who get assigned the same job/position.

Satan is a proper noun in English, not in Arabic. Its not a religious matter, its a linguistic matter.

Also there is two types of huroof's a word is written in. You get Shamsiyathu and Kamriyathu.

Bottomline is you have not been told the correct thing. Anyway i have explained it above so you can refer it.

Peace.

Good-Ole-Rebel

If they accept Christ that makes them religious Christians. Jews are still aeaiting their Messiah.

All of the disciples were Jews. Jesus was a Jew. Most all who were there at the forming of the Church in (Acts 2) were Jews.

So, it all depends on which Jews you want to believe.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Good-Ole-Rebel

Because Christians appropriated it, changed things, invented things, added things foreign to Judaism, and additionally Christianity itself was twisted with the introduction of Pagan beliefs.

You have done no such thing.

No we didn't. Jesus was a Jew who followed the Law. Who fulfilled the Law.

As I have said, Jesus is foreign to Judaism. He is not foreign to the Old Testament.

Yes, Christianity has been affected at times by pagan beliefs. But, we have the Scriptures to oppose them. We can identify them.

See post #(168)

Good-Ole-Rebel

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

Sounds good to me. And if Christians practiced their religion right they would be Muslims and if Muslims practiced their religion right they would be Baha'i and if the Baha'i practiced their religion right they would be Pastafarians. QED!!

Good-Ole-Rebel

Because the Scriptures were given to the Jewish people and are written in Hebrew. It's for them to interpret and practice according to their teachings, not anyone else's.

And they have no Temple or sacrifice today because why? And they are scattered all over the world because why?

Indeed the Old Testament Scriptures are to the Jews. And their own Scriptures record their failure in doing this.

Good-Ole-Rebel