• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christianity vs Baha'i

Neuropteron

So what qualifications did Jesus have that Baha'u'llah did not have and how do we really even know what those qualifications were? We know for a fact what Baha'u'llah's qualifications were since He came in the 19th century and there is a chronicled history written by people who knew Him personally.

Baha'u'llah did not promote Himself, he promoted only God, just as Jesus did. The proof that He promoted only God is in His Writings, which were penned in Hos own hand.

But of course Jesus claimed to speak for God, just as Baha'u'llah did, but that was not a promotion, since both Jesus and Baha'u'llah humbled themselves before God.

Question: Who says that Jesus is an unequaled representative of Jehovah?

Answer: Christianity says it, but Jesus never said it.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

That was true for the Dispensation of Jesus Christ but Baha'is believe that Dispensation has ended. We believe that the WAY to come to the Father in this Dispensation is through Baha’u’llah.

What Jesus said about coming to the Father Is really no different than what Baha’u’llah said about how we come to the Father. Only the time period has changed… The embodiment of God’s remembrance among men for this age is Baha’u’llah.

“Thou hast gained admittance into the Paradise of God’s Remembrance, through thy recognition of Him Who is the Embodiment of that Remembrance amongst men.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 303

So what do Christians have that Baha'is do not have? Well, you have over 2,000 years of history, so you have a lot more followers. You also have the Bible, but Baha'u'llah wrote 15,000 Tablets, which is the equivalent of many, many Bibles.

And of course there is no proof that Jesus was sent directly by God, so that is simply a belief based upon scriptures, just as Baha'is believe that Baha'u'llah was sent by God based upon our scriptures.

"So what qualifications did Jesus have that Baha'u'llah did not have and how do we really even know what those qualifications were?"
Jesus coming was accurately predicted many hundreds of years before he came to earth.
Jesus was the long awaited Messiah, this was confirmed by the extraordinary and numerous miracles that he performed, not even his enemies denied that.
The parable of the vineyard (Mt 21:33) shows that the "son" would be the last prophet until the final judgment. After Jesus no true prophet would appear.

"[Baha'u'llah] promoted only God, just as Jesus did."
Jesus did not promote "any" God, he promoted Jehovah. The fact that he quoted numerous scriptures giving predominance to Jehovah is a testimony to that fact.(example Mt 4:10/Deut 6:13)

"Baha'u'llah did not promote Himself, he promoted only God."
Which God or Goddess did he promote : Baal, Ishtaar, Marduk, Artemis, Molech, Jupiter, others....? Even Satan is called a God or as Paul said our "own stomach" can be a God.
The only "name" that stands out in Baha'u'llah writings is his own, God is not a name, it's a title. Thus the accusation stands Baha'u'llah promoted only himself, and used the term God as a springboard to his prominence just as all ecclesiastics do.

"Who says that Jesus is an unequaled representative of Jehovah"
Jesus said it:
John 14:6 "No one comes to the Father except through me".

"Bahai's believe that Dispensation has ended. We believe that the WAY to come to the Father in this Dispensation is through Baha’u’llah".
The book of Revelation mentions that new information that will only be revealed after Armageddon. Additionally, only the "lamb" is able to unseal it, no mention of anyone one else with that privilege. Who gave Baha'u'llah the right to change the word of God ? [The lamb is referring to the sacrificial death of Christ as a lamb.]
The so-called dispensation is a new doctrine not mentioned in the Bible, The principle of Revelation applies in such cases "if anyone makes an addition to these things...God will take his portion away from the tree of life..."

"What Jesus said about coming to the Father Is really no different than what Baha’u’llah said"
Simply repeating Jesus words does not make someone a prophet. However adding or taking away from Jesus's teaching makes a person a False Prophet.

"Baha'u'llah wrote 15,000 Tablets, which is the equivalent of many, many Bibles".
"...take a warning: to the making of many books there is no end, and much devotion to them is wearisome to the flesh".(Ecc 12:12)
Jesus did not write a single word, yet others wrote much more than 15,000 tablets about him. That's because he promoted the truth and the true God, not himself.

"Baha'u'llah was sent by God based upon our scriptures."
I'm not sure what you mean by "your scriptures", but I will take your word for it. Thankfully we live (mostly) in a world where we can follow whatever belief or scriptures we choose, I support that concept wholeheartedly . True Christians follow only the canonical inspired scriptures.

Concerning your suggestion that a Christian should be disloyal to Christ and follow from Jesus's point of view a false Prophet, I can only speak for myself, but I believe you have my response.
Mt 15:14 "...if a blind man guides a blind man, both will fall into a pit".

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Christian morality about no lying, no stealing, pride, greed, sloth, lust, gluttony, wrath, and envy. Christianity is not about following the popes or the priests or the pastors, its about knowing your Creator and Savior.
Baha'i morality is also about those things, and more. We have no leaders so not is not about following our leaders.

The Baha'i Faith is about knowing God and Baha'u'llah and following God's commandments, which have been sent down through Baha'u'llah.

“The beginning of all things is the knowledge of God, and the end of all things is strict observance of whatsoever hath been sent down from the empyrean of the Divine Will that pervadeth all that is in the heavens and all that is on the earth.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 5

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
When one gets time, please search and quote as requested in my post #63 .
My Bahai friends here may not quote in a straightforward manner, I understand.
I am interested, please?
You said:
"Jesus physically died and stayed dead and his physical body has rotted away. He did not physically rise from the dead."

It is a news for me. Kindly quote it for me from them, preferably from Bahaullah, please. Right, please?

Baha'is do not believe that Jesus rise from the dead. Below is the pertinent quote:

23: THE RESURRECTION OF CHRIST

Question.—What is the meaning of Christ’s resurrection after three days?

Answer.—The resurrections of the Divine Manifestations are not of the body. All Their states, Their conditions, Their acts, the things They have established, Their teachings, Their expressions, Their parables and Their instructions have a spiritual and divine signification, and have no connection with material things. For example, there is the subject of Christ’s coming from heaven: it is clearly stated in many places in the Gospel that the Son of man came from heaven, He is in heaven, and He will go to heaven. So in chapter 6, verse 38, of the Gospel of John it is written: “For I came down from heaven”; and also in verse 42 we find: “And they said, Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? How is it then that he saith, I came down from heaven?” Also in John, chapter 3, verse 13: “And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but He that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.”

Observe that it is said, “The Son of man is in heaven,” while at that time Christ was on earth. Notice also that it is said that Christ came from heaven, though He came from the womb of Mary, and His body was born of Mary. It is clear, then, that when it is said that the Son of man is come from heaven, this has not an outward but an inward signification; it is a spiritual, not a material, fact. The meaning is that though, apparently, Christ was born from the womb of Mary, in reality He came from heaven, from the center of the Sun of Reality, from the Divine World, and the Spiritual Kingdom. And as it has become evident that Christ came from the spiritual heaven of the Divine Kingdom, therefore, His disappearance under the earth for three days has an inner signification and is not an outward fact. In the same way, His resurrection from the interior of the earth is also symbolical; it is a spiritual and divine fact, and not material; and likewise His ascension to heaven is a spiritual and not material ascension.

Beside these explanations, it has been established and proved by science that the visible heaven is a limitless area, void and empty, where innumerable stars and planets revolve.

Therefore, we say that the meaning of Christ’s resurrection is as follows: the disciples were troubled and agitated after the martyrdom of Christ. The Reality of Christ, which signifies His teachings, His bounties, His perfections and His spiritual power, was hidden and concealed for two or three days after His martyrdom, and was not resplendent and manifest. No, rather it was lost, for the believers were few in number and were troubled and agitated. The Cause of Christ was like a lifeless body; and when after three days the disciples became assured and steadfast, and began to serve the Cause of Christ, and resolved to spread the divine teachings, putting His counsels into practice, and arising to serve Him, the Reality of Christ became resplendent and His bounty appeared; His religion found life; His teachings and His admonitions became evident and visible. In other words, the Cause of Christ was like a lifeless body until the life and the bounty of the Holy Spirit surrounded it.

Such is the meaning of the resurrection of Christ, and this was a true resurrection. But as the clergy have neither understood the meaning of the Gospels nor comprehended the symbols, therefore, it has been said that religion is in contradiction to science, and science in opposition to religion, as, for example, this subject of the ascension of Christ with an elemental body to the visible heaven is contrary to the science of mathematics. But when the truth of this subject becomes clear, and the symbol is explained, science in no way contradicts it; but, on the contrary, science and the intelligence affirm it. Some Answered Questions, pp. 103-105

23: THE RESURRECTION OF CHRIST

Skywalker

Baha'i morality is also about those things, and more. We have no leaders so not is not about following our leaders.

The Baha'i Faith is about knowing God and Baha'u'llah and following God's commandments, which have been sent down through Baha'u'llah.

“The beginning of all things is the knowledge of God, and the end of all things is strict observance of whatsoever hath been sent down from the empyrean of the Divine Will that pervadeth all that is in the heavens and all that is on the earth.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 5

I believe in seeking God and making God a part of your life and knowing God more and more.

Skywalker

Christians believe there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus. [1 Timothy 2:5]

'Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.' [Philippians 2:9-11]

How can there be more than one mediator?

Like the Romans and their gods [Pax Romana, and the Pantheon], Christians see in the Bahai faith a deception that brings false peace.

Moses had a mediator like function in the Old Testament. Thats why it makes sense Jesus is a mediator between people and God.

Common Objections to Jesus

No Intermediary Required

A fourth objection: “We Jewish people can go directly to God when we pray. We do not need an intermediary.” Traditional Judaism as practiced today does not have a mediator for the people. Rabbis serve as the leaders of congregations, but not as go-betweens between the individual and the almighty. Yet, traditional Judaism today is much different from revealed Biblical Judaism.

Moses, Aaron and the priesthood served as intermediaries between the people and the Lord. Leviticus 16 explains how it was the function of the high priest to mediate once a year between the people of Israel and the Lord, to make atonement on Yom Kippur. An individual could not make his own sacrifice, nor could he take his own sacrifice into the Holy of Holies. Instead, the high priest alone was allowed, this one time a year, to make atonement for all the people’s sins.

So we see the picture of a mediator, who stood for the people before the Lord:

When Christ came as high priest of the good things that are already here, he went through the greater and more perfect tabernacle that is not man-made, that is to say, not a part of this creation. He did not enter by means of the blood of goats and calves; but he entered the Most Holy Place once for all by his own blood, having obtained eternal redemption. The blood of goats and bulls and the ashes of a heifer sprinkled on those who are ceremonially unclean sanctify them so that they are outwardly clean. How much more, then, will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself unblemished to God, cleanse our consciences from acts that lead to death, so that we may serve the living God! For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance — now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant. -- Hebrews 9:11-15

Today, traditional Judaism does not seek a mediator. But Biblical Judaism focuses on the priest, who serves all Israel as mediator. The ultimate mediator for all mankind is our Messiah. Sinful men cannot approach God’s holy presence. We first must be cleansed. Jesus has accomplished this work, who, though sinless, made it possible for us to be cleansed. Acknowledging that Messiah is the One who atones for our sins acknowledges that Messiah is not a mere human, but God incarnate. Only God is without sin, and only the Messiah can make atonement for all our sin and redeem mankind. This is none other than Jesus.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
"So what qualifications did Jesus have that Baha'u'llah did not have and how do we really even know what those qualifications were?"

Jesus coming was accurately predicted many hundreds of years before he came to earth.

Jesus was the long awaited Messiah, this was confirmed by the extraordinary and numerous miracles that he performed, not even his enemies denied that.

Baha'u'llah's coming was accurately predicted many hundreds of years before he came to earth.

Jesus was a Messiah but Baha'u'llah was 'the Messiah' the Jews have long awaited.

26: THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND THE DAY OF JUDGMENT

Baha'u'llah also performed miracles but miracles are not what is important and they are only proof to those who witnessed them.

The parable of the vineyard (Mt 21:33) shows that the "son" would be the last prophet until the final judgment. After Jesus no true prophet would appear.

I do not believe that is what this parable is saying.

Jesus did not promote "any" God, he promoted Jehovah. The fact that he quoted numerous scriptures giving predominance to Jehovah is a testimony to that fact.(example Mt 4:10/Deut 6:13)

Baha'u'llah promoted the one true God, who was called Jehovah.

Which God or Goddess did he promote : Baal, Ishtaar, Marduk, Artemis, Molech, Jupiter, others....? Even Satan is called a God or as Paul said our "own stomach" can be a God.

Baha'u'llah did not promote any of those false Gods, he promoted the one true God of the Bible., th god of Abraham, Moses and Jesus.

The only "name" that stands out in Baha'u'llah writings is his own, God is not a name, it's a title. Thus the accusation stands Baha'u'llah promoted only himself, and used the term God as a springboard to his prominence just as all ecclesiastics do.

Baha'u'llah did not promote Himself, He promoted only God. Here is the proof from His original Writings:

“Who can ever believe that this Servant of God hath at any time cherished in His heart a desire for any earthly honor or benefit? The Cause associated with His Name is far above the transitory things of this world. Behold Him, an exile, a victim of tyranny, in this Most Great Prison. His enemies have assailed Him on every side, and will continue to do so till the end of His life. Whatever, therefore, He saith unto you is wholly for the sake of God, that haply the peoples of the earth may cleanse their hearts from the stain of evil desire, may rend its veil asunder, and attain unto the knowledge of the one true God—the most exalted station to which any man can aspire. Their belief or disbelief in My Cause can neither profit nor harm Me. We summon them wholly for the sake of God. He, verily, can afford to dispense with all creatures.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 85

“Know ye that I am afraid of none except God. In none but Him have I placed My trust; to none will I cleave but Him, and wish for naught except the thing He hath wished for Me. This, indeed, is My heart’s desire, did ye but know it. I have offered up My soul and My body as a sacrifice for God, the Lord of all worlds. Whoso hath known God shall know none but Him, and he that feareth God shall be afraid of no one except Him, though the powers of the whole earth rise up and be arrayed against him. I speak naught except at His bidding, and follow not, through the power of God and His might, except His truth. He, verily, shall recompense the truthful.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 126

“Incline your ears to the counsels which this Servant giveth you for the sake of God. He, verily, asketh no recompense from you and is resigned to what God hath ordained for Him, and is entirely submissive to God’s Will.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 127

“Consider the mercy of God and His gifts. He enjoineth upon you that which shall profit you, though He Himself can well dispense with all creatures. Your evil doings can never harm Us, neither can your good works profit Us. We summon you wholly for the sake of God. To this every man of understanding and insight will testify.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 140

“What! Believe ye in your hearts that ye possess the power to extinguish the radiance of the Sun, or to eclipse its splendor? Nay, by My life! Ye will never and can never achieve your purpose, though ye summon to your aid all that is in the heavens and all that is on the earth. Walk ye in the fear of God, and render not your works vain. Incline your ears to His words, and be not of them that are shut out as by a veil from Him. Say: God is My witness! I have wished nothing whatever for Myself. What I have wished is the victory of God and the triumph of His Cause. He is Himself a sufficient witness between you and Me. Were ye to cleanse your eyes, ye would readily perceive how My deeds testify to the truth of My words, how My words are a guide to My deeds.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 256-257

Jesus said it:

Baha'u'llah said:

“Thou hast gained admittance into the Paradise of God’s Remembrance, through thy recognition of Him Who is the Embodiment of that Remembrance amongst men.” Gleanings, p. 303

“No man can obtain everlasting life, unless he embraceth the truth of this inestimable, this wondrous, and sublime Revelation.” Gleanings, p. 183

"Bahai's believe that Dispensation has ended. We believe that the WAY to come to the Father in this Dispensation is through Baha’u’llah".

The book of Revelation mentions that new information that will only be revealed after Armageddon. Additionally, only the "lamb" is able to unseal it, no mention of anyone one else with that privilege. Who gave Baha'u'llah the right to change the word of God ? [The lamb is referring to the sacrificial death of Christ as a lamb.]

Jesus was the Lamb of God but so was Baha'u'llah.

Baha'u'llah means Glory of God in Arabic and the following verses refer to Him: Revelation 21:22-23

What you believe is all based upon your interpretation of the book of Revelation. Baha'is have a different interpretation:

Apocalypse Secrets: Baha'i Interpretation of the Book of Revelation

The so-called dispensation is a new doctrine not mentioned in the Bible, The principle of Revelation applies in such cases "if anyone makes an addition to these things...God will take his portion away from the tree of life..."

The Writings of Baha'u'llah are not an 'addition' to the Bible. They are a 'new' Revelation from God. Logically speaking, why would the new dispensation that would be in the future be mentioned in the books of an older Dispensation? Nevertheless, the coming of Baha'u'llah was prophesied throughout the Bible, as noted in this video:

"What Jesus said about coming to the Father Is really no different than what Baha’u’llah said"

Simply repeating Jesus words does not make someone a prophet. However adding or taking away from Jesus's teaching makes a person a False Prophet.

Baha'u'llah did not add or take away anything from Jesus' teachings. he brought His own teachings.

"Baha'u'llah wrote 15,000 Tablets, which is the equivalent of many, many Bibles".

"...take a warning: to the making of many books there is no end, and much devotion to them is wearisome to the flesh".(Ecc 12:12)

And that verse is supposed to prove what?

Jesus did not write a single word, yet others wrote much more than 15,000 tablets about him. That's because he promoted the truth and the true God, not himself.

Aside from the New Testament, what was written?
Baha'u'llah never promoted Himself, He only promoted God, as noted in the passages above.

I'm not sure what you mean by "your scriptures", but I will take your word for it. Thankfully we live (mostly) in a world where we can follow whatever belief or scriptures we choose, I support that concept wholeheartedly . True Christians follow only the canonical inspired scriptures.

Concerning your suggestion that a Christian should be disloyal to Christ and follow from Jesus's point of view a false Prophet, I can only speak for myself, but I believe you have my response.

Baha'u'llah was not a false prophet from Jesus' point of view, only from your point of view. From my perspective you are being disloyal to Christ by rejecting Baha'u'llah, since He was the return of Christ, the Comforter Jesus promised to send. Jesus was a Comforter and Baha'u'llah was another Comforter and the Spirit of truth:

John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

John 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

John 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

John 16:12-14 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Skywalker

Baha'u'llah's coming was accurately predicted many hundreds of years before he came to earth.

Jesus was a Messiah but Baha'u'llah was 'the Messiah' the Jews have long awaited.

Baha'u'llah also performed miracles but miracles are not what is important and they are only proof to those who witnessed them.

Baha'u'llah did not promote any of those false Gods, he promoted the one true God of the Bible., th god of Abraham, Moses and Jesus.

Baha'u'llah did not promote Himself, He promoted only God. Here is the proof from His original Writings:

“Who can ever believe that this Servant of God hath at any time cherished in His heart a desire for any earthly honor or benefit? The Cause associated with His Name is far above the transitory things of this world. Behold Him, an exile, a victim of tyranny, in this Most Great Prison. His enemies have assailed Him on every side, and will continue to do so till the end of His life. Whatever, therefore, He saith unto you is wholly for the sake of God, that haply the peoples of the earth may cleanse their hearts from the stain of evil desire, may rend its veil asunder, and attain unto the knowledge of the one true God—the most exalted station to which any man can aspire. Their belief or disbelief in My Cause can neither profit nor harm Me. We summon them wholly for the sake of God. He, verily, can afford to dispense with all creatures.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 85

“Know ye that I am afraid of none except God. In none but Him have I placed My trust; to none will I cleave but Him, and wish for naught except the thing He hath wished for Me. This, indeed, is My heart’s desire, did ye but know it. I have offered up My soul and My body as a sacrifice for God, the Lord of all worlds. Whoso hath known God shall know none but Him, and he that feareth God shall be afraid of no one except Him, though the powers of the whole earth rise up and be arrayed against him. I speak naught except at His bidding, and follow not, through the power of God and His might, except His truth. He, verily, shall recompense the truthful.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 126

“Incline your ears to the counsels which this Servant giveth you for the sake of God. He, verily, asketh no recompense from you and is resigned to what God hath ordained for Him, and is entirely submissive to God’s Will.”

“Consider the mercy of God and His gifts. He enjoineth upon you that which shall profit you, though He Himself can well dispense with all creatures. Your evil doings can never harm Us, neither can your good works profit Us. We summon you wholly for the sake of God. To this every man of understanding and insight will testify.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 140

“What! Believe ye in your hearts that ye possess the power to extinguish the radiance of the Sun, or to eclipse its splendor? Nay, by My life! Ye will never and can never achieve your purpose, though ye summon to your aid all that is in the heavens and all that is on the earth. Walk ye in the fear of God, and render not your works vain. Incline your ears to His words, and be not of them that are shut out as by a veil from Him. Say: God is My witness! I have wished nothing whatever for Myself. What I have wished is the victory of God and the triumph of His Cause. He is Himself a sufficient witness between you and Me. Were ye to cleanse your eyes, ye would readily perceive how My deeds testify to the truth of My words, how My words are a guide to My deeds.”

Jesus said it:

Baha'u'llah said:

“Thou hast gained admittance into the Paradise of God’s Remembrance, through thy recognition of Him Who is the Embodiment of that Remembrance amongst men.” Gleanings, p. 303

“No man can obtain everlasting life, unless he embraceth the truth of this inestimable, this wondrous, and sublime Revelation.” Gleanings, p. 183

Baha'u'llah means Glory of God in Arabic and the following verses refer to Him: Revelation 21:22-23

What you believe is all based upon your interpretation of the book of Revelation. Baha'is have a different interpretation:

The Writings of Baha'u'llah are not an 'addition' to the Bible. They are a 'new' Revelation from God. Logically speaking, why would the new dispensation that would be in the future be mentioned in the books of an older Dispensation? Nevertheless, the coming of Baha'u'llah was prophesied throughout the Bible, as noted in this video:

Baha'u'llah did not add or take away anything from Jesus' teachings. he brought His own teachings.

Baha'u'llah never promoted Himself, He only promoted God, as noted in the passages above.

Baha'u'llah was not a false prophet from Jesus' point of view, only from your point of view. From my perspective you are being disloyal to Christ by rejecting Baha'u'llah, since He was the return of Christ, the Comforter Jesus promised to send. Jesus was a Comforter and Baha'u'llah was another Comforter and the Spirit of truth:

John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

John 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

John 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

John 16:12-14 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

The Bahai Faith doesnt agree with the Bible about the holiness of God and that we are sinners who need a Savior. The Bible fits together like a puzzle piece. We all do things that we arent supposed to do. In the law crime has a punishment. The moral law comes from God, who is Holy, and loves us so much that He died for our sins.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The Bahai Faith doesnt agree with the Bible about the holiness of God and that we are sinners who need a Savior.
Baha'is do believe in the holiness of God and that we are all sinners in need of a Savior and we believe that Jesus was that Savior.
Referring to Jesus as the Son of Man, Baha’u’llah wrote:

“Know thou that when the Son of Man yielded up His breath to God, the whole creation wept with a great weeping. By sacrificing Himself, however, a fresh capacity was infused into all created things...... Through Him, the unchaste and wayward were healed. Through His power, born of Almighty God, the eyes of the blind were opened, and the soul of the sinner sanctified.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 85-86

Skywalker

Jesus said it:

Baha'u'llah said:

You said

Not with hundreds of prophecies, like the hundreds of messianic prophecies that Christ fulfilled.

The Bible says not to add or subtract to the words of God. Yahweh is God's name. What is the name of God the Father? | CARM.org

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The Bible fits together like a puzzle piece. We all do things that we arent supposed to do. In the law crime has a punishment. The moral law comes from God, who is Holy, and loves us so much that He died for our sins.
Baha'is also believe that there are rewards and punishments in this world in the next world, thus we wil reap what we sow, according to how we followed the moral law of God, or failed to do so.

“The Great Being saith: The structure of world stability and order hath been reared upon, and will continue to be sustained by, the twin pillars of reward and punishment…” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 219

“He who shall accept and believe, shall receive his reward; and he who shall turn away, shall receive none other than his own punishment.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 339

Skywalker

Jesus said it:

Baha'u'llah said:

Jesus didnt know about His second coming when he was on earth because he was functioning as a person. When He said that the Father is greater than I, he was talking about office. He wasnt talking about essence. Jesus is God. He was talking about the Trinity.

Skywalker

Jesus said it:

Baha'u'llah said:

Bahai is antithethical to the teachings of Christ and matches what Christ said about there being other people claiming to be Christ.

What is the Baha'i faith? | GotQuestions.org

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
You said

Not with hundreds of prophecies, like the hundreds of messianic prophecies that Christ fulfilled.
Jesus fulfilled the prophecies for the first coming and Baha'u'llah fulfilled the prophecies for the second coming.

The main reason that Jews rejected Jesus was because Jesus did not fulfill all the prophecies in their scriptures. Baha'u'llah fulfilled those prophecies as was proven tn the book entitled Thief in the Night by William Sears
The Bible says not to add or subtract to the words of God. Yahweh is God's name. What is the name of God the Father? | CARM.org
Galatians 1:6-9 English Standard Version (ESV)

No Other Gospel

6 I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting him who called you in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— 7 not that there is another one, but there are some who trouble you and want to distort the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.9 As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed.

What that means is that nothing can be added to the gospel. It does not mean that God can never speak again.
God's hands are not tied.

Skywalker

Jesus fulfilled the prophecies for the first coming and Baha'u'llah fulfilled the prophecies for the second coming.

The main reason that Jews rejected Jesus was because Jesus did not fulfill all the prophecies in their scriptures. Baha'u'llah fulfilled those prophecies as was proven tn the book entitled Thief in the Night by William Sears

No Other Gospel

6 I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting him who called you in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— 7 not that there is another one, but there are some who trouble you and want to distort the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.9 As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed.

What that means is that nothing can be added to the gospel. It does not mean that God can never speak again.

Jesus fulfilled all of the messianic prophecies. Some of them are meant to be fulfilled at his second coming. Does the Old Testament truly predict a second advent of the Messiah? | GotQuestions.org

Does the Old Testament truly predict a second advent of the Messiah?

Answer: The Old Testament does prophesy the second coming of Christ, also referred to as the second advent of the Messiah. Some Old Testament prophecies concern the first advent, when Christ was born as a human being. Others concern the second advent, which is the ultimate triumph of this Messiah. It’s important to remember that prophecy does not describe the future in the same detail as history describes the past. So, while the prophecies of the Old Testament certainly describe both the first and second advents, most early interpretations of these prophecies melded them into a single event. Particularly during the years leading up to Jesus’ birth, it was assumed Messiah would be a political/military figure with an immediate worldly kingdom (Luke 19:11). In the light of Jesus’ ministry, it is possible to understand the true purpose of Christ and the real nature of His kingdom.

A careful look at Old Testament prophecies shows an underlying assumption of two advents. Micah 5:2 and Isaiah 7:14 predict the first advent. Separately, Isaiah 53:8–9 predicts a suffering and dying Messiah, who will be given life and greatness according to Isaiah 53:11–12. Daniel 9:26 describes the Messiah being killed after His appearance. At the same time, prophets such as Zechariah (Zechariah 12:10) say this same “pierced” Messiah will be seen again by His enemies. So the clues are there.

Many Old Testament prophecies foretell the ultimate triumph of Christ, which will occur at the second advent. These include statements from the books of Zechariah (Zechariah 9:14–15; 12:10–14; 13:1; 9:14–15); Amos (Amos 9:11–15); Jeremiah (Jeremiah 30:18; 32:44; 33:11, 26); and Joel (Joel 3:1); which describe the Messiah coming in triumph to lead Israel into salvation. Note that these are in the context of passages such as Deuteronomy 30:3–5 and so are predictions of the time of Messiah’s final victory.

Also, Scripture records Jesus making direct comparisons to Old Testament prophecies when making His own claims to a second advent. For example, His words in Matthew 24:31 and Mark 13:27 parallel the descriptions of Isaiah 52:15 and Isaiah 59—62.

All in all, the Hebrew Scriptures indicate that the Promised One would appear, be cut off, and then reappear in victory. The first advent has occurred; the second is still future. Both the New and Old Testaments predict a second advent of the Messiah.

Skywalker

No Other Gospel

The Messiah Would Bring in a New Covenant

The Messiah Would Bring in a New Covenant
Reference: Jeremiah 31:31–34
Fulfillment: Matthew 26:28; Mark 14:24; Luke 22:20; 1 Corinthians 11:25; 2 Corinthians 3:6; Hebrews 7:22; 8:6–13; 9:15; 10:14–18; 12:24

The expression “new covenant” appears seven times in the New Testament, and the new covenant is even more frequently referred to simply as the “covenant,” with the context showing what is meant. References to this covenant are especially frequent in the book of Hebrews, but also occur during Jesus’ final Passover meal (the Last Supper) and in other passages as well.

All these occurrences go back to Jeremiah 31:31–34, where God promises to Israel that He will initiate a new covenant. God characterizes this new covenant as “not like the covenant that I made with their fathers on the day when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt” (verse 32) – in other words, “not like” the Mosaic covenant, the Law of Moses.

The first big question is, when will this covenant begin to take effect? Jesus, at the Last Supper – his final Passover meal – declared that it was going to begin with his sacrificial death:

Likewise [he took] the cup after they had eaten, saying, “This cup that is poured out for you is the new covenant in my blood.”

– Luke 22:20

In case there is any question, in Matthew Jesus clarifies that his death is indeed for the atonement of our sins:

This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.

– Matthew 26:28 (see also Mark 14:24)

Paul also refers to this same occasion when he reminds the believers in Corinth that:

In the same way also [Jesus] took the cup, after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me.”

– 1 Corinthians 11:25

Among other things, the covenant made with Israel through Moses was a reminder of the Exodus from Egypt, as seen in these verses:

You yourselves have seen what I did to the Egyptians, and how I bore you on eagles’ wings and brought you to myself. Now therefore, if you will indeed obey my voice and keep my covenant, you shall be my treasured possession among all peoples, for all the earth is mine.

– Exodus 19:4–5

As Messiah, Jesus brings in a greater Exodus, yet one that follows the pattern of the Exodus from Egypt. This was the expectation of the Hebrew Bible also – that there would ultimately be a new Exodus greater than the one from Egypt. Because of the redemption Jesus provides, the cup at his final Passover was also meant to be drunk, whenever it was partaken of, in remembrance of him and his redemption.

But it is in the book of Hebrews, written to Jewish believers in Jesus, that the idea of the new covenant is especially emphasized. Coming in for special emphasis is that it will be a better covenant than the Mosaic covenant. Jeremiah said as much in his prophecy, and Hebrews in turn quotes from him as well as making other mentions of the new covenant. Here are the relevant verses from Hebrews:

This makes Jesus the guarantor of a better covenant.

– Hebrews 7:22

The context is the priesthood; Jesus is our kohen or priest, the intermediary between us and God. According to the previous verses, his priesthood is guaranteed by God, making the covenant he brings in better than the Mosaic covenant. In fact, the priests in the centuries leading up to Jesus and in his own day had the reputation – often well-deserved – of being corrupt. Jesus’ priesthood is not subject to corruption or the ups and downs of the human beings who happen to occupy the priestly office at the time. Guaranteed by God Himself, Jesus’ priesthood is forever exercised ethically, in purity and on our behalf. And this is because his priesthood is in the context of a better covenant.

In the following chapter, Hebrews quotes the Jeremiah passage directly:

But as it is, Christ has obtained a ministry that is as much more excellent than the old as the covenant he mediates is better, since it is enacted on better promises. For if that first covenant had been faultless, there would have been no occasion to look for a second. For he finds fault with them when he says:

“Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord,
when I will establish a new covenant with the house of Israel
and with the house of Judah,
not like the covenant that I made with their fathers
on the day when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt.
For they did not continue in my covenant,
and so I showed no concern for them, declares the Lord.
For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel
after those days, declares the Lord:
I will put my laws into their minds,
and write them on their hearts,
and I will be their God,
and they shall be my people.
And they shall not teach, each one his neighbor
and each one his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’
for they shall all know me,
from the least of them to the greatest.
For I will be merciful toward their iniquities,
and I will remember their sins no more.”

In speaking of a new covenant, he makes the first one obsolete. And what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

– Hebrews 8:6–13

This passage shows first, that Israel violated the Mosaic covenant and in response, God planned to institute a better one; and second, that the better covenant has come through Jesus. The writer says that the old covenant is “ready to vanish away,” perhaps because he is writing with the destruction of the Temple shortly ahead or already behind him.

Additional passages to consider are 2 Corinthians 3:6; Hebrews 9:15; 10:14–18 and 12:24.

So the first big question was about when the new covenant would begin to take effect. The second is, what is the new covenant like? Though it is “not like” the Mosaic covenant, it is not a destruction of that covenant, but its fulfillment. Jesus said in Matthew 5:17:

Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

In practice, this means that all the ethical and moral principles of the Mosaic covenant are still with us. They reflect God’s character, which is unchanging. What the new covenant brings is an internal awareness of God’s law and the forgiveness of sins. Just as Jesus has brought God’s kingdom in a preliminary but not yet final way, so with the covenant he brings in. Believers, through God’s Holy Spirit, have an internal awareness of God’s requirements, along with atonement for their sins. But that internal awareness is not as complete as it will one day be.

It’s helpful to compare what Jewish tradition says about the Torah, the Law of Moses. For traditional Judaism, the centrality and eternal nature of the Torah are virtually axiomatic. Traditional Jews believe the Torah as we have it now will never be changed or done away with.

Yet that is not the opinion of all of Jewish tradition. Speaking of Maimonides’ Thirteen Articles of Faith, compiled in medieval times and a bedrock for much of traditional Judaism, scholar Marc B. Shapiro says:

ninth principle teaches that the Torah will never be abrogated, in whole or part, and that God will never give another Torah. Maimonides repeats his insistence that the biblical mitsvot [commandments] and the Oral Law will never be abrogated, not even in messianic days, in a few other places. While this is certainly a popular position among rabbinic authorities, and has a talmudic source, it is hardly unanimously accepted.1

There are various rabbinic opinions that in the “World to Come” or in messianic times, there will be great changes in the Torah. For example:

R. Joseph: “The mitsvot will be abolished in the Time to Come.”
– Babylonian Talmud, Nidah 61b

R. Abin ben Kahanah proclaimed: “The Holy One, blessed be He, said: ‘A new Torah shall go forth from me,’ that is, a new Torah law shall issue from me.”
Leviticus Rabbah 13:3

“. . . new Torah which will be given through the messiah.”
Yalkut Shimoni, On Isaiah, no. 429

We absolutely do not admit that which Maimonides laid down, that the entire Torah will not change, for there is no decisive proof for this – neither from reason and logic nor from the Bible. Verily, the Sages tell us that the Holy One will give a new Torah in the future. If our King should wish to change the Torah, or exchange it for another, whatever the King wishes, whether it be to descend on Mount Sinai or another of the mighty mountains, or even a valley, there to appear a second time before the eyes of all the living, we would be the first to do His will, whatever be His bidding.
— R. Jacob Emden [18th c. rabbi], Migdal oz, 26b-c and Translation in Naor, Post-Sabbatian Sabbatianism, 8-9.

In the future the mitsvot will no longer have a physical component but only a spiritual one. So, for example, one will be able to wear wool and linen as this is only the external form of the mitsvah, which in the future will be obsolete. Only the spiritual component of the mitsvot is eternal.
— Shapiro’s summary of R. Jacob Joseph of Polonnoye (died c. 1782)

As Shapiro concludes, “From what we have seen so far, it is obvious that there is a significant rabbinic position which declares that the commandments will be abolished in messianic days.”2

If Jesus is indeed the Messiah – as his followers believe – then there is every likelihood that the new covenant of Jeremiah has begun with his sacrificial death and his resurrection, as he himself taught and as emphasized in the book of Hebrews. If so, then we can expect that the Law of Moses as we have in the Torah, has changed as well. Followers of Jesus understand that the moral principles contained in all the 613 commandments of the Torah are still valid, but their expression has changed for a new era. Many of the ceremonial laws and laws that pertained to Israel as an ancient society no longer apply in this new age since the coming of the Messiah, while others have deepened or extended in their application. With this, it seems, many sages in Jewish history would have agreed.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Bahai is antithethical to the teachings of Christ and matches what Christ said about there being other people claiming to be Christ.

And so do you believe that you are going to get an unbiased view of the Baha'i Faith from a Christian website?

Only one thing matters and that one thing is whether Baha'u'llah was a Manifestation of God, the return of of Christ and the Messiah. If He was, everything He wrote came from God so it is the very truth, even though it does not align with Christian beliefs and doctrines if the Church. If course that would have to mean that the Christians did not interpret the Bible correctly, because the Bible stands as the Word of God.

How can this discrepancy be reconciled?

I believe that Christians have misinterpreted much of the Bible because they did not have the key to unlock the meaning. Because of the way the Bible was written, misunderstanding and misinterpretation of the Bible has been a big problem since the very beginning. Christians disagreed as to what the Bible meant and none of them clearly understood much of what it meant, and that is why there are so many different sects of Christianity. That is understandable because it was prophesied by Daniel that the Book would be sealed up until the time of the end, meaning nobody would really understand it:

Daniel Chapter 12: 4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased. 8 And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things? 9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end. 11 And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days. 12 Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.

The "Book" was intended to be sealed up until the time of the end, until the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days came. The 2,300 years came in 1844 and the book was unsealed by Baha’u’llah. That math is explained in Some Answered Questions, 10: TRADITIONAL PROOFS EXEMPLIFIED FROM THE BOOK OF DANIEL.

I believe that God has now provided a clear roadmap to the Bible, through the Writings of Baha'u'llah and Abdu'l-Baha, thus clearing up much of the confusion. We do not have to run to and fro anymore. Unsealing the Book means we can now understand the true meaning of the Bible. By reading the Baha’i Writings that explain the true meaning of the Bible, we can understand what much of the Bible means that could never be understood before.

I am not saying that Christians did not understand anything in the Bible, I am saying that they did not fully understand the Bible... As Daniel said, we will know more in the future, in 2300 years:

4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased

Trailblazer

Veteran Member

Of course that is what a Christian website is going to say because Christians are still waiting for the same Jesus to drop down on the clouds.. The Baha'i Faith cannot be reconciled to Christianity but it can be reconciled to the Bible, if the Bible is interpreted correctly. It is ALL about interpretation, ALL.

Of course many men have come claiming to be Christ, and Jesus warned us so we would not be deceived by these men, but that does not mean that one of them was not the return of Christ.

Skywalker

And so do you believe that you are going to get an unbiased view of the Baha'i Faith from a Christian website?

Only one thing matters and that one thing is whether Baha'u'llah was a Manifestation of God, the return of of Christ and the Messiah. If He was, everything He wrote came from God so it is the very truth, even though it does not align with Christian beliefs and doctrines if the Church. If course that would have to mean that the Christians did not interpret the Bible correctly, because the Bible stands as the Word of God.

How can this discrepancy be reconciled?

I believe that Christians have misinterpreted much of the Bible because they did not have the key to unlock the meaning. Because of the way the Bible was written, misunderstanding and misinterpretation of the Bible has been a big problem since the very beginning. Christians disagreed as to what the Bible meant and none of them clearly understood much of what it meant, and that is why there are so many different sects of Christianity. That is understandable because it was prophesied by Daniel that the Book would be sealed up until the time of the end, meaning nobody would really understand it:

Daniel Chapter 12: 4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased. 8 And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things? 9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end. 11 And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days. 12 Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.

The "Book" was intended to be sealed up until the time of the end, until the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days came. The 2,300 years came in 1844 and the book was unsealed by Baha’u’llah. That math is explained in Some Answered Questions, 10: TRADITIONAL PROOFS EXEMPLIFIED FROM THE BOOK OF DANIEL.

I believe that God has now provided a clear roadmap to the Bible, through the Writings of Baha'u'llah and Abdu'l-Baha, thus clearing up much of the confusion. We do not have to run to and fro anymore. Unsealing the Book means we can now understand the true meaning of the Bible. By reading the Baha’i Writings that explain the true meaning of the Bible, we can understand what much of the Bible means that could never be understood before.

I am not saying that Christians did not understand anything in the Bible, I am saying that they did not fully understand the Bible... As Daniel said, we will know more in the future, in 2300 years:

4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased

I understand what you are saying because I believe that the Jews and Muslims misinterpret the Bible. Since Jewish people dont believe in the New Testament, its like what you said about you thinking that Christians dont have complete revelation. Its less possible to misunderstand and misenterpert the Old Testament prophecies when you read the New Testament. It makes it more possible to understand the meaning of prophecies about the Messiah. People believe Jesus was a wise man, a prophet, a guru, an enlightened teacher, an avatar, because they dont want to believe that they are sinners who need a Savior. The mathematical chances Jesus fullfilled all of the messianic prophecies was one in trillions. You could say I could be wrong but I also could be right. Mathematical Probability that Jesus is the Christ

Mathematical Probability that Jesus is the Christ

Long-time listeners know that in addition to broadcasting this program, I pastor a tiny church, manage a computer bulletin board, and a national conference on the network, called BIBLE BELIEVERS.

Most of our programs, feature current comments from the BBS; often questions and answers. I'd like share a message from the Internet by David Williams, Computer Systems Manager, for the Mathematics Faculty, at the University of Newcastle.

I think you'll find this edifying. Now remember, David Williams is a mathematician. In this post he's responding to a Jewish user from Melbourne. His subject is: Jesus and Prophecy. Here's what he says:

"In a recent follow-up to a posting by Leslie Brown I said I'd make a post detailing the John 16:19; Psalms 22:18)? How does one "arrange" to be Micah 5:2, where it states the Messiah would be born in Bethlehem Ephrathah, Stoner and his students determined the average population of BETHLEHEM from the time of Micah to the present; then they divided it by the average population of the earth during the same period.

They concluded that the chance of The Inspiration of the Scriptures Scientifically Demonstrated'.

Applying the same criteria to the books of other religions, Panin proclaimed 'No order at all; and not of God'. He discovered that everything in God's creation: animal, vegetable, or mineral, has a unique mathematical signature.

Yes, sir, God so thoroughly vindicated Jesus Christ the unbeliever will be speechless at the judgment. But Jesus Christ was sent to Israel at the end of their dispensation, when their denominations were apostate. And God is no respecter of persons. He promised to reveal and vindicate Jesus Christ to us Gentiles at the end of our dispensation, when our denominations are apostate.

God never leaves Himself without a witness. Jesus said, 'As it was in the days of Lot, so will it be when the Son of man is revealed' by the same Sign which vindicated Him to be Messiah in the days of His flesh.

Now, in the days of Lot, the Gentile civilization was in a Sodom condition. Homosexuality was rampant. Before God sent Fire from heaven which destroyed them, He sent three witnesses to those who claimed to be His Own. Two went and preached to Lot's group, the nominal, worldly church down in Sodom.

Our Gentile civilization is in a Colossians 2:9-17 which I'll paraphrase for you.

'The fullness of the attributes, (or character and nature of God), was manifested bodily in Jesus Christ. So when we have Christ, we too have the fullness, through our Spiritual union in Him, which is the new birth, because He's Head of all principality and power.

When we come to Christ, He sets us free from our evil desires; not by physical circumcision but a spiritual circumcision of the soul, by the Baptism of the Holy Ghost, cutting away the carnal desires of our flesh and mortal spirit.

We are accounted buried with Him in death when we're baptized with the Holy Spirit; and also as risen with him, because of our faith in God's vindicated Word, Which raised Him from the dead. (Colossians 3:3; Romans 8:11; Ephesians 2:6).

You were dead in your sins (or unbelief of your mind or spirit) and the uncircumcision of your flesh, then God brought you to Life together with Jesus, having forgiven you all trespasses; blotting out the charges proved against you: the list of His Commandments you had not obeyed. He took this list and destroyed it by nailing it to Christ's cross. There Christ took our place, and paid the penalty for our sin.

In this way God took away Satan's power to accuse you of sin, and God openly displayed to the whole world Christ's triumph at the cross where your sins were all taken away.

So let no man judge you for what you eat, or drink, or in respect of Jewish holydays and feasts, or of the new moon or sabbath days. For these were only temporary rules, foreshadowing things to come, having only symbolic value; but the body (or thing which cast the shadow) is the substance or reality of things hoped for, and belongs to Christ (Colossians 2:9-17). radio034.html