• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christianity vs Baha'i

ajay0

Which has the better beliefs about God?

While I am familiar with Christian belief, please feel free to say while you feel Christianity is the correct belief to have.

The little I know about the Baha'i religion comes mostly from these forums.

However, I think I'm correct in thinking that according to Baha'i all should become Baha'i because it has the better understanding/knowledge of God.

If you think this is true, why? What is better about your understanding? Why should Christians convert to Baha'i? Or do you see Christianity, the beliefs, the knowledge of God being equal to Baha'i? So there is nothing to be gained by a Christain converting to Baha'i?

The Prajapita Brahmakumari theology is similar to the Bahai religion and the christian sect Jehovah's Witness, and considers Jesus to be a prophet of God rather than God Himself.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Good theology? Better theology?

I don't know much about Baha'i theology. Do they have a trinity for example?

Actually, this was one of the biggest questions I had on the Bahai faith, but though I dont have any authority I can confirm to you that the Bahai theology does not believe in the Christian Athanasian Trinity.

firedragon

Veteran Member
The Prajapita Brahmakumari theology is similar to the Bahai religion and the christian sect Jehovah's Witness, and considers Jesus to be a prophet of God rather than God Himself.

Are they different to the Brahma Kumari's of the Om Baba movement in India? Sorry I am not very versed on this so I am interested in learning about them.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I see no need in that. As God is defined to be beyond human imagination even, to me there is no humanly "correct belief of God"
@stvdvRF
Then there is no need for belief. It would seem being an atheist is correct.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
As a Bahá’í for 45 years who converted from Catholicism I can say that the best religion to choose is what you feel from your own personal investigation to be the right or best one.

Don’t listen to me. Do your own research. Read with your own eyes what Christ and Baha’u’llah both say.

But Bahá’í belief is that we accept all truth and Christ is truth so we accept Him and the Bible as the Word of God. There is complete love and harmony. It is forbidden for us to exalt or claim superiority of one religion over another as that is against the spirit of love and harmony. And one other important point I wish to emphasise is that to be a Bahá’í one must accept Jesus. So Christ is fundamental Bahá’í belief as well as other Prophets.

I dream of the day we, all religions, can come together to work for the betterment of humanity. I think maturity is required to put away notions of supremacy and superiority as we are all children of the same one Father, God. Let us be as one, united.

So Pagans, Druids, Wiccans these beliefs are equally good to have if one feels these to be right?

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If you think this is true, why? What is better about your understanding? Why should Christians convert to Baha'i? Or do you see Christianity, the beliefs, the knowledge of God being equal to Baha'i? So there is nothing to be gained by a Christain converting to Baha'i?

I see no difference, both the Messenger of the Christians and the Baha'i is from the same One God and as a Baha'i we make no distinction between the Messengers.

I see conversion is just a change in one's frame of reference, I see it is possible to embrace all the Messengers and the Messages given.

As such it is not an us verses them, it is about us embracing each other as one human family under One God.

Regards Tony

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I see no difference, both the Messenger of the Christians and the Baha'i is from the same One God and as a Baha'i we make no distinction between the Messengers.
But there is a difference in the message, so if Christians do not embrace Baha'u'llah they will never know about the "many things" that Jesus promised would be revealed in the future.

John 16:12-13 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Then there is no need for belief. It would seem being an atheist is correct.
IMO:

I never implied otherwise; for some the Atheist Path is the way to go and for others the Theist Path is the way to go

ajay0

Are they different to the Brahma Kumari's of the Om Baba movement in India? Sorry I am not very versed on this so I am interested in learning about them.

The Prajapita Brahmakumaris is a monotheistic Dharmic religion based in India. Their headquarters is in Mount Abu, Rajasthan.

They have no association with any 'Om Baba' as you state, but use the phrase 'Om Shanti' on greeting and parting.

'Om Shanti' means 'I am an embodiment of peace'.

They do not consider any human beings to be God, and worship God as an incorporeal point of light.

I have created a thread on the correlation between God and light in various world religions....

Interesting correlation between God and light in major world religions...

firedragon

Veteran Member
The Prajapita Brahmakumaris is a monotheistic Dharmic religion based in India. Their headquarters is in Mount Abu, Rajasthan.

They have no association with any 'Om Baba' as you state, but use the phrase 'Om Shanti' on greeting and parting.

'Om Shanti' means 'I am an embodiment of peace'.

They do not consider any human beings to be God, and worship God as an incorporeal point of light.

I have created a thread on the correlation between God and light in various world religions....

Interesting correlation between God and light in major world religions...

Thanks for that. Yet I must tell you that Dada Lekhraj was called Om Baba in the group. He was the founder.

Anyway, though this is irrelevant, Om is to invoke like Ya or Oh. Shanti means Peace.

Initially I thought you were talking about another group with the same name but I confirmed it is the same from you now. So thanks for that.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Those verses are about as clear as mud. I mean they could mean almost anything at all. I find it ironic that Christians all believe they know what the Book of Revelation means yet they do not agree on what it means.

You are making a statement without additional information.

Does the Bible prophesy a one-world government and a one-world currency in the end times? | GotQuestions.org

There are no two positions for that scripture (that I know of)

That is true...
John 19:30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

But Jesus also said...
John 17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

And that indicates Jesus had finished ALL the work God gave Him to do. It also indicates that glorifying God in earth was the "work" God gave Him to do.

Yes... but it is "THE" work... not "ALL" work.

We know that he (Jesus) still has to destroy his enemies and can be classified as a work

6 Bible verses about Jesus Destroying His Enemies

Well, that cannot mean what you believe it means, that the same man Jesus will return to earth in the same body unless the Bible is in error, given what Jesus said:

John 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

John 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

I believe that "in like manner" means they the spirit of Jesus would return as it came down before, from the heaven of the Will of God.

That doesn't say he won't come back but rather when he was taken to Heaven, he wouldn't be seen any more. If I am wrong, you can't just say "It can't mean that" -- what do you understand "He will come again" means? Sounds pretty clear to me.

But the same man Jesus cannot rule from the city of Jerusalem unless the Bible is in error, because Jesus said that His kingdom was not of this world and he denied being a king:

John 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

John 18:37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

These two verses in John 18 completely negate that Jesus is the King of this world or that Jesus will ever come to this world to rule it, and they fit perfectly together with John 17:4 and John 17:11. Jesus came into this world to bear witness unto the truth about God. He did that so there is no more reason for Jesus to come back to this world again. That is why Jesus said “I am no more in the world.”

But when God's Kingdom comes.. it WILL be his Kingdom a Spiritual Kingdom. Even the Jews believe the Messiah is coming to rule on this earth. They didn't misunderstand their scriptures.

Besides, He can't come through the Easter Gate of Jerusalem (which still stands today) without him coming back.

Jerusalem's eastern gate, mount of olives, messiah to open eastern gate to jerusalem

Redemptionsong

Which has the better beliefs about God?

While I am familiar with Christian belief, please feel free to say while you feel Christianity is the correct belief to have.

The little I know about the Baha'i religion comes mostly from these forums.

However, I think I'm correct in thinking that according to Baha'i all should become Baha'i because it has the better understanding/knowledge of God.

Christians believe there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus. [1 Timothy 2:5]

'Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.' [Philippians 2:9-11]

How can there be more than one mediator?

Like the Romans and their gods [Pax Romana, and the Pantheon], Christians see in the Bahai faith a deception that brings false peace.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I've been by that gate (also called the "Dung Gate" because it faces "Gehenna" where the old garbage pit used to be), and that gate has been blocked off because it faces the West Bank.
Is that really the "Eastern gate"? Just when I thought I knew everything! :mad: