1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Featured Christianity vs Baha'i

Discussion in 'Religious Debates' started by Nakosis, Nov 20, 2020.

1. CG Didymus

CG Didymus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,178
    Religion:
    undecided
    Yet, you cite no verses to back up your claim. What... Muhammad is one of the "Two Witnesses" and one of the "Three Woes"? And the other two "Woes" are The Bab and Baha'u'llah? Both interpretations, for me, are extremely questionable. But not to worry, and I know you won't, Christians are just as set in their interpretations. And they also, "leave it up to me.' Well, maybe both of you are wrong. Both religions have their problems in actually having their followers apply the beliefs and tenets of their religion into their daily lives. Sure, a few do, most don't. They just plod along following their religion in a nominal way.

Like I've said, I was there with my Baha'i friends 50 years ago on mass-teaching trips. What happened? I was told back then that whole villages had become Baha'i. Where are they? What happened to them? The Peace statement was back in the 80's. What happened? Where are the Baha'is? How vibrant are the local communities? 'Cause in my area, no one ever hears about the Baha'is? And I'm just 40 miles from San Francisco. Where are they? Is this how the Bible speaks of the end times? No... Well yes, it does. What is happening now is exactly what the Bible says will be happening prior to the coming of the Messiah. But not what was supposed to be happening after he has already come. That is why I doubt and question the Baha'is... but I question the Christians too.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Trailblazer

Trailblazer Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +7,226
    Religion:
    Baha'i
    That's true, Jesus Christ conferred salvation upon the individual, but Baha'u'llah came to confer salvation upon the entire world and establish the unity of its peoples.

“I confess that Thou hast no desire except the regeneration of the whole world, and the establishment of the unity of its peoples, and the salvation of all them that dwell therein.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 243

"We" in the following passage refers to both Christ and Baha'u'llah.

“They read the Evangel and yet refuse to acknowledge the All-Glorious Lord, notwithstanding that He hath come through the potency of His exalted, His mighty and gracious dominion. We, verily, have come for your sakes, and have borne the misfortunes of the world for your salvation. Flee ye the One Who hath sacrificed His life that ye may be quickened? Fear God, O followers of the Spirit, and walk not in the footsteps of every divine that hath gone far astray. Do ye imagine that He seeketh His own interests, when He hath, at all times, been threatened by the swords of the enemies; or that He seeketh the vanities of the world, after He hath been imprisoned in the most desolate of cities? Be fair in your judgement and follow not the footsteps of the unjust.” Tablets of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 10

3. InvestigateTruth

InvestigateTruth Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,317
    Religion:
    Baha'i
    I agree, station of Jesus is different than the station of John or Elijah.
    However, the authors of Bible in Bahai view, spoke metaphorically about return of Jesus, similar to the return of Elijah. Why could this not be the case? Is there a limit in God's abilities? He could have just created another person having same spiritual power as Jesus.
    In our view, this is a test for Christians to recognize Christ when He came with a different name.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Skywalker

Skywalker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +338
    Religion:
    Christian
    The Bible says that Jesus is the Savior of all people. Is Jesus the Savior of all men? | NeverThirsty

5. Tony Bristow-Stagg

Tony Bristow-Stagg One Planet One People Please
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,757
    Religion:
    Baha'i
    A big, big, big if CG.

People are free to hang on to that If.

Science tells us what happens to flesh, but everyone wants the miracle over the hard choices.

God fobid that a Christian could have got it wrong!

Regards Tony

6. Tony Bristow-Stagg

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,757
    Religion:
    Baha'i
    I see Christ lives still in many hearts, Christ has never left humanity alone and unguided all around the world.

It was said, that many sheep Christ has that were not of the fold Jesus came for.

Regards Tony

7. Tony Bristow-Stagg

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,757
    Religion:
    Baha'i
    The Kitab-i-Iqan helps with all this.

Regards Tony

8. Tony Bristow-Stagg

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,757
    Religion:
    Baha'i
    Revelation tells of Muhammad, the Bab and Baha'u'llah.

When we know Jesus was Christ, the Holy Spirit, the Light of God and that it is the Holy Spirit that guides us and is Given by God to God's chosen Messengers, then it is up to us to connect with and find that light, from no matter where it shines.

1 John 1:5
    This is the message we have heard from him and proclaim to you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

This is what it is to be born again;

1 Peter 2:9
    But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.

That one would be a great passage also for my OP about why beleivers can not be quite.

Regards Tony

9. Tony Bristow-Stagg

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,757
    Religion:
    Baha'i
    That mediator is Christ, the Holy Spirit.

That is how Jesus is the first and the Last, not the body, the Spirit Jesus was Annointed with and known as Christ.

Regards Tony

10. Tony Bristow-Stagg

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,757
    Religion:
    Baha'i
    Jesus as Christ is One with all Messengers. All praise of any Messenger reverts to praise of all the Messengers as they are the same Holy Spirit.

Regards Tony

11. Skywalker

Ratings:
    +338
    Religion:
    Christian
    Elijah will return during the Tribulation. Two witnesses - Wikipedia

12. Skywalker

Ratings:
    +338
    Religion:
    Christian
    The Bible doesn't mention Mohammad. Moses was talking about Jesus, not Mohammad. Does Deuteronomy 18:15-18 predict the coming of Muhammad? | CARM.org

13. Tony Bristow-Stagg

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,757
    Religion:
    Baha'i
  14. Skywalker

Ratings:
    +338
    Religion:
    Christian
    Being the Angel of the Lord didn't mean that Jesus was a messenger like the others. Theophany | CARM.org

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. Tony Bristow-Stagg

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,757
    Religion:
    Baha'i
    Jesus was Christ the Son.

God gave Jesus that Title and Station and Annointed Jesus of the Holy Spirit.

They all had their time and Message given by God, who are we to say who is better or worse?

Regards Tony

16. InvestigateTruth

InvestigateTruth Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,317
    Religion:
    Baha'i
    Yes, in Bahai view, Elijah returned already during Tribulation. The Bab was return of Elijah this time.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Trailblazer

Ratings:
    +7,226
    Religion:
    Baha'i
    But Christ said that those who came saying "I am Christ" would deceive many, so that indicates the name would not be Christ. ;)

Matthew 24:5
    “For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.”

Jesus was right about many coming and claiming to be Christ.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Trailblazer

Ratings:
    +7,226
    Religion:
    Baha'i
    Jesus was the Savior of all people, that was part of His Mission.

Baha'u'llah's Mission was regeneration of the whole world and the establishment of the unity of its peoples.

John 10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Trailblazer

Ratings:
    +7,226
    Religion:
    Baha'i
    The Christians can say whatever they want to say, and they can wait however long they want to wait, but that will not make Jesus come back.

The child and the son could well be Jesus, but none of the rest of the verses are about Jesus.
    Since Jesus and Baha'u'llah are the same Spirit of God, some prophecies are about both of them.
    I do not know and I do not say I know, and I do not care, because I believe the stories are fictional and I leave it at that.

20. Redemptionsong

Redemptionsong Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315
    It seems to me that you have created dispensations that have no justification within scripture.

If Baha'u'llah was a mediator, was he also sinless? Did he die for the sin of mankind? Does mankind need a second Lamb?