• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christianity, Islam and Baha'i and allegations the Jews

Brian2

Veteran Member
It is a tricky one to explain. God predicted that such a thing would happen and it was part of his plan, so it had to come to pass. But also those who participated are also guilty. I think it comes down to intent. God planned Jesus to die, and Jesus agreed to go along with it, and God had Jesus killed knowing that it wasn't the end of his life and its purpose was to save mankind. The Jews who were involved in getting Jesus killed were doing so out of malicious intent, hatred, and they wanted Jesus to be eliminated permanently. They were not doing so for the greater go0od which is why they are guilty.

It is a tricky one to explain, but I think you did a good job.

Brian2

Veteran Member
And it's painfully ironic. It was their gods will and design, it had to happen to fulfill prophecy, it doesn't happen they all roast in hell (as some believe), and yet they are angry it happened and blamed people for it.:confused:

Yes it is ironic. People don't realise that it was the fault of all of us that Jesus died, because we all sin. It's amazing how racism and other prejudices take hold, it's all part of the sin that brought Jesus to suffer and die.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
because we all sin
Nope. We don't all sin. It's for those who believe in it to do.
And the point was Jesus had to die, but some are angry he was put to death. But without they don't have their religion. But lots of Jews have paid the price.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It is interesting to underline that in the Nicene Creed we mention Pontius Pilate (so the Romans) as the authority who had Jesus crucified.
So Early Christianity has never blamed the Jews...since the IV century they have acknowledged crucifixion was a Roman execution.
I think anti-Jewish sentiment arrived much later, unfortunately. In the Medieval period.
In the NT we have:

Matthew 27:24 So when Pilate saw that he was gaining nothing, but rather that a riot was beginning, he took water and washed his hands before the crowd, saying, "I am innocent of this man's blood; see to it yourselves." 25 And all the people answered, "His blood be on us and on our children!"​

This is the foundation of the story that the Jews killed Christ, and later that the Jews killed God, and has been used to justify very many Christian atrocities against Jewish people individually and collectively. (In terms of Roman procedure and the authority of Pilate as Prefect, it's also so grossly improbable that it can be confidently taken as fiction.)

And in John 8:44 Jesus says to the Jews,

“You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning ... he is a liar and the father of lies.”

Flankerl

Matthew 27:24 So when Pilate saw that he was gaining nothing, but rather that a riot was beginning, he took water and washed his hands before the crowd, saying, "I am innocent of this man's blood; see to it yourselves." 25 And all the people answered, "His blood be on us and on our children!"

/r/thathappened/ material right there.

It of course does make sense if you just believe that the Jew is such a vile creature that it would willingly accept the fault for murder, as it is its nature.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
/r/thathappened/ material right there.
Was this intended to be a link? If so it didn't work.
It of course does make sense if you just believe that the Jew is such a vile creature that it would willingly accept the fault for murder, as it is its nature.
By "it" do you mean antisemitism?

And my point was that the story (of Pilate washing his hands and the crowd saying they'll take responsibility) is not believable, is fictitious.

Are you agreeing with that, or disagreeing?