• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christianity is a crapshoot

eiskalt

Jesus did believe in ONENESS of G-d:

Matthew 22:37-38
37And He said to him, "'YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.' 38"This is the great and foremost commandment.
http://biblehub.com/matthew/22-38.htm
And here Jesus repeated concept of G-d held by Moses (and repeated several times in Jewish Scripture):
6 And the Lord, your God, will circumcise your heart and the heart of your offspring, [so that you may] love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, for the sake of your life.
http://www.chabad.org/library/bible_cdo/aid/9994
And Jesus mission was to enforce it as a follower of Moses.
Regards
Yes, for him the consequences of not loving the Lord was, that you would follow the satanically possessed world instead. Whenever a follower or a disciple behaves wrong Jesus accuses them of being evil. Even Peter gets told by Jesus "Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the concerns of God, but merely human concerns.". Satan is like an anti-god in christianity and equal in power to Jehovah.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I never mentioned anything about the Immaculate Conception. I was referring to the virgin birth of Jesus. They are not the same. The Immaculate Conception is not in the Bible, neither is original sin. These are concepts that were developed years after the authors of the New Testament were dead and buried. There is a very good reason why original sin is not mentioned by the Gospel writers. The writers were Jewish and original sin is foreign to Judaism.
Since the authors of the Gospels were Jewish, they would have been familiar with this verse:
“Do not put your trust in princes, in human beings, who cannot save.” (Psalm 146:3)
I agree with you.
There is no original sin. All humans are born innocent.
Regards

SpeaksForTheTrees

I agree with you.
There is no original sin. All humans are born innocent.
Regards
All female are born innocent , however male he have instincts , he wants more and more and more until he wants to be more powerful than God himself, is why man must prove on earth his worth to the heavens imho

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
If you mean, original sin, as in inherited sin, from Eve, then, I don't adhere to that idea.
That is one of the back-bone dogma of Christianity authored by Paul. Jesus did not believe in this dogma.
So, you have cracked the back-bone of Christianity.
Regards

Last edited:

SpeaksForTheTrees

This need to be elaborated. Please express your thoughts fully.
Regards
Babies can show aggression in several months of birth , without ever experience from parents.
Are lots of inherent unwelcome attribute in child 0-3 years.
Biting parents
Ignoring limits
Hating bath time
Not sharing
Throwing food
Hitting sibling
Not listening
Hitting themselves
All from babies ,toddlers who have never experienced aggression apart from thier own feelings
If all baby innocent would be never birth defect also .

Muffled

Jesus in me
Orthodox Christianity teaches one must accept Jesus to be saved. Few Christians can explain what exactly one “saved” from. Rather than to discuss what “saved” means, what does it mean to accept Jesus or to believe in Jesus? Jesus died about 2000 years ago. He is not here to speak for himself. The only available means a person in the 21st century has to hear about Jesus is by the testimony of others. This testimony is transmitted either by word of mouth, a minister or pastor, books, radio, internet, etc. None of these sources had contact with Jesus. Using the Bible as the primary source opens more questions. There is no agreement among the churches on the interpretation on Christian scripture. If there were there wouldn’t be so many churches. Then the problem of authenticity of the Bible comes up. The New Testament is a collection of 27 books. The early church fathers chose what books are in and what books are out. How can we trust their decision? Who were these men? Then the problem of authorship of these 27 books comes up. Many of the authors of these books are anonymous. Scholars are not in agreement on who wrote them. Then there is the problem of the authenticity of the subject matter itself. We can’t ask the authors because they are long dead and we don’t know who they are anyway. Added to the mix are other books that didn’t make the cut. How can anyone know the Gospel of Thomas is is not authentic? Not only is Christianity diverse but there are many other religions across the planet. It would seem Christianity is a crapshoot, a gamble.

roll-dice.gif

I believe as it is true in any gamble one must be willing to lose in hopes of winning. What is also the case is that a person not making a decision is also gambling that he won't go to Hell.

roger1440

I do stuff
I believe as it is true in any gamble one must be willing to lose in hopes of winning. What is also the case is that a person not making a decision is also gambling that he won't go to Hell.
Since Hell is a Christian concept how would it be possible a person not making a decision he is not going to Hell? That person wouldn't even believe in the very existence of Hell.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Since Hell is a Christian concept how would it be possible a person not making a decision he is not going to Hell? That person wouldn't even believe in the very existence of Hell.
One is simply wrong. Many religions believe in heaven and hell.
Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Babies can show aggression in several months of birth , without ever experience from parents.
Biting parents
Ignoring limits
Hating bath time
Not sharing
Throwing food
Hitting sibling
Not listening
Hitting themselves
All from babies ,toddlers who have never experienced aggression apart from thier own feelings

Still babies are innocent and not sinful.
Is a sheep sinful?
Is a tiger sinful?
Is a wolf sinful?

No, these are natural traits they have and it has got nothing to do with sinfulness or innocence.
Regards

SpeaksForTheTrees

Still babies are innocent and not sinful.
Is a sheep sinful?
Is a tiger sinful?
Is a wolf sinful?

No, these are natural traits they have and it has got nothing to do with sinfulness or innocence.
Regards
Surely the tiger and wolf would be on death row .
For killing the sheep ?
If all was born innocent we would still reside in Eden ?
Humans are born as a wild animal , so if human is indeed not human ,but animal then there is no crime ?
Babies only innocent as they do not function properly fresh from the womb ?
Youngest murderers have been recorded at 9 - 10 years of age , although bullying other children can start before 3 years of age .

Last edited:

Kelly of the Phoenix

Biting parents
Ignoring limits
Hating bath time
Not sharing
Throwing food
Hitting sibling
Not listening
Hitting themselves
Biting is a common defense mechanism. They can't say no to being touched yet.
Education will help with that.
Many children fear being drowned or going down the drain. Basic training can fix this.
Do the parents share? Are proper examples being made?
Again, frustration is due to lack of communication experience.

It's not about them being mean. It's about them being unable at that time to communicate desires. Even teaching basic sign language (even if it's made up and not from an official sign language) before they can talk will reduce some of these behaviors.

roger1440

I do stuff
But there is no way to know if there is a chance of winning. There are no odds.