• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christianity Interview

Brad H.

Hello,

I am taking a class on world religions and need to ask a few questions for an essay and I am looking for some help.

1. What is your idea of Heaven and Hell?

2. How do you ensure your path to Heaven?

3. What do you think is a misconception of your religion?

4. What does being Christian mean to you?

5. Does attending church and prayer effect your path to Heaven or Hell?

Thank you for your help!

Brad H.

InChrist

Free4ever
Hello,

I am taking a class on world religions and need to ask a few questions for an essay and I am looking for some help.

Thank you for your help!

Brad H.
I believe...
1. Heaven is an eternal place and reality where those who are reconciled and in relationship to God know joy, love, beauty, and complete union with Him forever.
Hell is separation from God and all that is love, joy, and beauty. As such it will be eternal loneliness and agony.
2. Trusting in Jesus Christ as the Savior ensures heaven.
3. There are probably several. One of the main ones being that one must do good works to get to heaven.
4. Being a Christian means being in a loving relationship with the Creator of heaven and earth and loving others with His love.
5.Attending church and prayer are beneficial for spiritual maturity, growing closer to the Lord and other believers, but these do not necessarily effect one's eternal destiny of heaven or hell. Although, I think it would be hard to have a real relationship with the Lord without communication which is what prayer.is

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Hello,

Do you just want mainstream Christian beliefs, or minority views too? As a member of a minority faith, I have vastly different views to mainstream believers.

My belief is that heaven and hell do not exist as opposite destinations. In the beginning God gave humans a choice between life and death, not heaven or hell. (Deut 30:19)
Death is death and nothing survives it. Souls live on earth, they are not designed for heaven. Souls are mortal and they die. (Ezek 18:4)
Hell is the simply the grave. We all "go to hell". It isn't hot and there is no torment.(Eccl 9:5, 10)

No one can ensure their path to heaven because it is God who chooses the ones he wants to rule with his son. We can't even volunteer although we must qualify. (2 Pet 1:10)

That we must be wrong because we don't accept the teachings of mainstream churches. Opposition was to be expected because of this. (John 15:18-21)

Following the teachings of Jesus Christ...all of them, not just the convenient ones. (John 15:11-14)

No, I believe that it is our beliefs and conduct that affect our eternal destiny.
God allows us free choice to believe whatever we wish, but he has provided instructions for those who care to follow them
Those who fail to follow them will not qualify for the reward he offers for faithful obedience. (Ex 20:5, 6)

Thank you for your help!

Thank you for the questions. :)

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Hello,

Thank you for your help!

Brad H.
What do these questions have to do with world religions? They are all specific to Christian thought. Regardless, using Christian language:

1. Heaven is unity with God, hell is the pain of our own isolation in our separate selves. They are not "places", but conditions, states of our own darkened or illumined consciousness. Any Biblical references are metaphors to express those states.

2. Quit accepting we are separate from God in whatever form that happens for you.

3.That God is external to us and everything.

4. It means being Christ in ourselves in the world

5. Two separate questions. Church and prayer are two separate things.

a) prayer, is communion with God. If you are in communion with God, the kingdom of God is realized within you, and you within it. The practice of communion with God through prayer or meditation most certainly affects you. You realize you are not separated from God and you allow God to be within you.

b) Church. Any sort of of community of those truly on a spiritual path - if you can find such a community - affects us in that we are able to grow from our interactions with others. Love finds expression in communities. But to imagine Church is a magic doorway that if you attend or not attend will determine your relationship with God, let alone God's relationship with you, is folly. That belief would then become a hinderance to knowing God, again imagining God as external to you and that you have to do things in order to earn God's acceptance of you.

lostwanderingsoul

My ideas are worthless just like everyone else's. The only ideas that count are the ones in the Bible. The Bible says Heaven is where God lives. No person ever has or will go to Heaven. No verse in the Bible says otherwise. Hell is the grave where everyone will go. It is not a place of torture and eternal pain. The Bible says "the dead know not anything." That means dead people are not conscious and aware of what is going on around them. Not in Heaven or in Hell.

Brad H.

Sorry Windwalker I should have explained that. The final project is comparing two religions and I need an interview for each one.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Hello,

Heaven means the property of being absolute. It can't rightly be described in my limited English language imo.
The hell of the Bible means death.

2.. How do you ensure your path to Heaven?
Ensuring it can't be done. Luke 18:27

That I have one.

Apart from the opinion that Christian is not what GOD calls us but what The World calls us it first being uttered by unbelievers about believes imho, it means to obey Christ as lord in everything you do (in heart).

I hope not. I do not attend church. But prayer is the path, I think.

Thank you for your help!
You are welcome. I hope this helps for real.

When you submit this in class I suggest you use affect (the verb) instead of effect (the noun). (Question #5)

Nancy

Last edited: