• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christianity in decline

eik

Well I guess, how seperate does Christianity view existence to that of God? If they are one and the same, I would guess that there are no differences. But I am not well versed in Christianity, so.. Although my older Aunt and Uncle are Catholics. Their children I think are more orthodox. (I say that as both my Uncle and Aunty blend their taught Catholicism with their Hindu traditions. But I don’t know if the kids do.)
Christianity is not pantheistic. God and existence are completely separate. People and God are completely separate. What is not separate is the government of God. Every last and little thing that happens on earth is governed by God. God directs everything Not quite sure of your question.

I don’t follow any priests. They are only there to lead rituals and I dunno, read some scripture during service or give a sermon on Dharma or whatever.
If one wishes to follow a certain “priest” or master of their school, that is up to their preference. Hinduism tends to largely take a “hands off” approach. Or at least where I live. Perhaps because in Australia you tend to get many different schools coming together under one temple, as it were. So it could just be a happenstance?
Even questions such as scriptures, the only scripture everyone seems to agree is central is the Vedas. The rest, well opinions
will vary. And that’s okay. And uncertainty is just a fact of life. No use rallying against a fact, right?
Uncertainty is only permitted to postulants (i.e. novices.) Christianity teaches and one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.…"

So not much scope for differences in belief and morals for the long term Christian anticipating salvation on the day of judgement, although many differences in politics, and peripheral matters, such as official church doctrines, attitudes to unbelievers, etc., in fact far too many differences.

Losing Dharma in favour of being irreligious seems to be a universal concern lol
But I mean the religious would say that, wouldn’t they?
Yup. The irreligion of the nations is definitely increasing by objective standards. Many more atheists around today.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Christianity is not pantheistic. God and existence are completely separate. People and God are completely separate. What is not separate is the government of God. Every last and little thing that happens on earth is governed by God. God directs everything Not quite sure of your question.

Oh I see. Well, I mean different strokes for different folks.

Uncertainty is only permitted to postulants (i.e. novices.) Christianity teaches and one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.…"

I think I favour Existentialism, personally.

So not much scope for differences in belief and morals for the long term Christian anticipating salvation on the day of judgement, although many differences in politics, and peripheral matters, such as official church doctrines, attitudes to unbelievers, etc., in fact far too many differences.

I suppose. I see a lot of varying flavours of Christianity. Of course you’re more unified due to shared doctrine and you know, Jesus.

Yup. The irreligion of the nations is definitely increasing by objective standards. Many more atheists around today.
I don’t think many Hindus make the distinction. Not necessarily at least.
I mean there’s even a staunch atheist on our own Hindu DIR here and “offshoots” like say Buddhism or even Jainism don’t require religion per se. Dharma is philosophical in origin, it just happens to be intertwined with a lot of religious beliefs.
So I can’t sympathise that much with the concern over the growing amount of atheists I’m afraid.

eik

To foster enlightenment.
Sounds like it's become a philosophy, not a religion. Which would also be the answer to this thread "Christianity in decline." When a religion becomes a philosophy, it usually goes into decline rapidly unless supported by the political power, when it is kept alive largely by that means.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Sounds like it's become a philosophy, not a religion. Which would also be the answer to this thread "Christianity in decline." When a religion becomes a philosophy, it usually goes into decline rapidly unless supported by the political power, when it is kept alive largely by that means.
It always was a philosophy. And it’s still chugging along, as far as I can tell.:shrug:
I mean one can take it religiously, if one is so inclined. But such dogmatic practice can lead to overzealous behaviour which can lead to some rather regrettable paths.

Politics is certainly something rather nefariously powerful though. So I can agree somewhat.