• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christianity: I'm Losing My Faith

Muffled

Jesus in me
Hello guys, so I've been lurking around this section for a few weeks now. I've got a lot of questions on my mind and I am not getting satisfactory answers.
Does God exist? I don't know. At this point, I can't keep deceiving myself. I don't think I can call myself a Christian any more because I am starting to doubt a lot of things. If you are a Christian/believer, I have nothing against you, neither I'm I here to "deconvert" you or something.

Anyways, I just wanted to post this here, because I don't have anyone to talk to at the moment. Have a nice evening.

I believe believers don't bite either.

So is the problem simply that you have not been able to identify God in your life and that you are unwilling to believe anyone else's testimony?

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
Hello guys, so I've been lurking around this section for a few weeks now. I've got a lot of questions on my mind and I am not getting satisfactory answers.
Does God exist? I don't know. At this point, I can't keep deceiving myself. I don't think I can call myself a Christian any more because I am starting to doubt a lot of things. If you are a Christian/believer, I have nothing against you, neither I'm I here to "deconvert" you or something.

Anyways, I just wanted to post this here, because I don't have anyone to talk to at the moment. Have a nice evening.
Welcome to the forum.

I hope you will feel comfortable and come back to discuss some of your questions. It may help to know what others think and have discovered for themselves.

Questions and doubts plague us all.

We Never Know

No Slack

Christian, athiests, scence, or whoever... No knows or can show if a god does or doesn't exists.
You have to decide for yourself.

And welcome to the land of confusion.

danieldemol

Premium Member
Hi @Bezz
I hope we didn't scare you off too soon.

My personal answer to your question is that I know of no evidence for the existence of God, but not all humans are strictly rational creatures (speaking mainly for myself here), so its ok to believe in God in spite of the lack of evidence so long as one endeavours to do no harm to others.

In my opinion.

Ashoka

श्री कृष्णा शरणं मम
I believe in that case you lose out on eternal life and end up in Hell.

Maybe that is why they are losing faith. Because they can no longer believe in a God that would send them to hell for not believing the "right" things.

It's why I lost my faith, and started down the deconstruction process. But I digress.

In my view, any religion with a God that sends people to hell for eternity for not worshiping him is a bully and doesn't deserve to be worshiped. In fact, he deserves to be mocked.

I am happier now than I was as a Christian. I was pretty narrow minded and judgemental. No misery here.

Same here. Finding my new faiths have given me peace and a sense of well being.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I am happier now than I was as a Christian. I was pretty narrow minded and judgemental. No misery here.
It's incredible. I used to be judgemental as a Christian too, but certainly have met Christians who are wonderful folks. I found when I became a Noachide I became a much better person, B"H.

Sheldon

Veteran Member
In my view, any religion with a God that sends people to hell for eternity for not worshiping him is a bully and doesn't deserve to be worshiped. In fact, he deserves to be mocked.

I have to say I have always felt the same way, though I have been an atheist my entire adult life so I don't worry about it at all, as no one has been able to demonstrate any objective evidence that any deity exists.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
I have to say I have always felt the same way, though I have been an atheist my entire adult life so I don't worry about it at all, as no one has been able to demonstrate any objective evidence that any deity exists.

Yeah, I also use feelings, when that is the best thing to do. We agree.