• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christianity: I'm Losing My Faith

AppieB

Hello guys, so I've been lurking around this section for a few weeks now. I've got a lot of questions on my mind and I am not getting satisfactory answers.
Does God exist? I don't know. At this point, I can't keep deceiving myself. I don't think I can call myself a Christian any more because I am starting to doubt a lot of things. If you are a Christian/believer, I have nothing against you, neither I'm I here to "deconvert" you or something.

Anyways, I just wanted to post this here, because I don't have anyone to talk to at the moment. Have a nice evening.
Hi Bezz, welcome on RF.

Does God exist? I don't know if you will ever get a satisfactory answer to this question. But there are ways to find out if an answer is reasonble to believe to be true or not. Don't stop doubting and keep asking questions.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Do you intend to join Islam? If yes, then you are not wise, look around the world and see the pain, war, and deaths that Islam has caused.

Haha. Such a silly apologetic fear mongering tactic. You guys act like this Internet forum is real life fear mongering missionary style. Why dont you honestly seek some knowledge instead?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
@Bezz welcome to RF. No matter which route you take you can always enjoy the cake

Welcome cake.jpg

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
That gives us a lot of leeway...

It must be hard on all those religious believers, who can't happy and fulfilled lives with god. Or that not all non-believers live happy and fulfilled lives without that being the fault of religion.

So yes, real life is for all what it is to me, right?!!

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
Welcome! I used to be a Christian too but I changed my religion. If you find Christianity is right despite your doubt great! If not that is ok! You'll find what works for you.

Brian2

Veteran Member
Hello guys, so I've been lurking around this section for a few weeks now. I've got a lot of questions on my mind and I am not getting satisfactory answers.
Does God exist? I don't know. At this point, I can't keep deceiving myself. I don't think I can call myself a Christian any more because I am starting to doubt a lot of things. If you are a Christian/believer, I have nothing against you, neither I'm I here to "deconvert" you or something.

Anyways, I just wanted to post this here, because I don't have anyone to talk to at the moment. Have a nice evening.

Welcome to RF.
I have doubts about all my beliefs being fantasies also, but I want to believe and so push on and pray about it, even if the prayers could be classed as garble.
I hear people say that they wake have woken up one day and realised they did not believe any more.
I figure my faith must be smaller than a mustard seed at times, but I push on with it. I have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
RF is a good place to lose your faith btw. It is good to have people to talk about it with and it is good to talk to God about it.

A Vestigial Mote

Do you intend to join Islam? If yes, then you are not wise, look around the world and see the pain, war, and deaths that Islam has caused.
Not sure there was even a hint in the OP that the person was considering Islam. If anything, sounded more like Islam would just be a trade-in on what the OP is currently already doubting.

Do you want to become an atheist? Truth is that a good percentage of atheists are into one fraternity or the other? Which power is behind fraternities, is it not the devil?
I am an atheist - and I don't know of any such "fraternities." There are some atheist groups - just like there are Christian groups. I don't belong to any of them, but I would like to ask - does the fact that any particular person might like to get together with people of like-mind to socialize mean that some greater evil is at work? If so... then I know some pretty "evil" Christians who are getting together EVERY SUNDAY!!!! Can you imagine?!?!

I had a friend who claimed to be an atheist, I later realized he is a member of a cult.
What was the basis of the "cult," if you don't mind me asking? As in, what was the "hook" by which people were being drawn in or wanted to stick around? As a skeptic myself, any group proposing to hold the keys to some greater "truth" already has a serious down-vote from me. And most of the atheists I know are pretty hearty skeptics. Not all, but better than half for sure.

Leave the Catholic Church and join a good ministry. Yes God exists, most believers who keep talking about God aren't doing so because they are stupid, rather they continue in the Christian race because they have experienced the power/presence of God.
More likely they don't know any better, and they find themselves surrounded by mostly Christians in their neighborhoods. So if they want to join some group for social inclusion that is deemed "normal" by those around them, there sits an obvious choice above others. Hopefully that changes. "God" willing, eh?

Last edited:

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member

Hi. I went through a similar experience to yourself. It was a tough time. I did turn to drinking which almost destroyed me. Everyone one says their belief is right and all others wrong so it gets very harrowing. I almost drowned in doubt and confusion not knowing which way to turn. Unfortunately, a lot of good beliefs have been mixed with superstition and that which reason just cannot accept.

I was finally able to wade through the nonsense and separate it from what was originally taught and the picture fell into place beautifully. I found that we need qualities which the Prophets taught such as love, forgiveness and humility but not the superiority mantra many clergy have been preaching.

When I go back to what was originally taught by Teachers such as Buddha, Christ and Baha’u’llah, I found it all enriches our lives. The only thing I can add is to be careful not to throw out the baby with the bath water. A lot of stuff was added to religions by clergy that is pure nonsense and we ought not to accept it but only accept that which is according to reason.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Do you want to become an atheist? Truth is that a good percentage of atheists are into one fraternity or the other? Which power is behind fraternities, is it not the devil? I had a friend who claimed to be an atheist, I later realized he is a member of a cult. By the time you join satanic groups, it will be too late to quit, believe me there is no peace there.

*blinks*

We what now?

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

Happy to talk about whatever you'd like to @Bezz
What brought you to RF in the first place?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist

I can relate to the above, but one thing I can very much relate to are the strong emphasis on love and compassion that's taught in most religions.

Sorry to cut this short as I gotta go for now-- back tomorrow.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

If you do eventually become a heathen, you'll be entitled to....
- Knowledge of our secret handshake.
- A puppy recipe book.
- Our secret plans to take over the world.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
@Bezz , welcome to RF. As you can see from all the comments before mine, we are a mixed group of believers, non-believers and people who have moved from one to the other, have moved between religions and about every other kind you can imagine.

@James Light , welcome to RF as well.