• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christianity/Humanist?

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Hey,

Im a Christian...but I was just reading the belief system of Humanist....Can you be both???? :shrug:

Blessings

Dallas

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Of course you can! Your church might not like it, though -- depending on the church.

Thanks for answering me MidnightBlue....

And as far as my church liking it???...My church is the body of Christians as a whole. not a building or an organization..although I attend a brick and morter building to worship and learn ...But as far as Im concerned the people are the "church" and I believe thats how Jesus teaches us....So therefore if some Christians are humanist as well than they are part of my church....Maybe they will like me....:)

I need to understand it better..But at first glance its sounds as if my heart is there ..On top of that I dont get how everyone wouldnt strive to be a humanist.. :shrug:

Thanks again..

Blessings

Dallas

TurkeyOnRye

We should all be humanists. As you can see from my title, I consider myself one. Learning to love each other is one of the most important parts of being human.

A

angellous_evangellous

You sure can be both! For the love of God, please do it.

Evelyn

First and formost, you must be human. :D

Second, you must care about humans.

You can pretty much find aspects of humanism in every religion or non-religion alike.

It's simply a matter of where you place value and meaning in the human person.

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
Hey,

Im a Christian...but I was just reading the belief system of Humanist....Can you be both???? :shrug:

Blessings

Dallas
I encourage you to read the humanist manifesto 1& 2 with a prayerful heart and find out yourself how they encourage a self indulgent, carnal behavior and man is epitomized as being almost godlike.

That depends on how far you go with humanism,I suppose ther are some nice cliche's like many philosophies in our world, but much of the humanist manifesto is centered around self, me, man, I.
ie: Quotes from "Humanist Manifesto 2"
1) "Promoting reason and intellect as the most effective instruments of humankind.
2)Despite what the bible says concerning sexuality,They say intolernce towards sexuality only represses sexual conduct.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I encourage you to read the humanist manifesto 1& 2 with a prayerful heart and find out yourself how they encourage a self indulgent, carnal behavior and man is epitomized as being almost godlike.

That depends on how far you go with humanism,I suppose ther are some nice cliche's like many philosophies in our world, but much of the humanist manifesto is centered around self, me, man, I.
ie: Quotes from "Humanist Manifesto 2"
1) "Promoting reason and intellect as the most effective instruments of humankind.
2)Despite what the bible says concerning sexuality,They say intolernce towards sexuality only represses sexual conduct.

Perhaps you might want to go a little further and actually explain why you think any of that is bad?

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
Perhaps you might want to go a little further and actually explain why you think any of that is bad?

Man exalts himself as a self righteous god as if he were in control of his destiny, but does this far beyond the level of his abilities.
How self defeating is this..if one be truly honest with himself.

lamplighter

Almighty Tallest
Oops....I just realized that I'm not supposed to post in here. My apologies...:eek:
This isn't restricted access or anything you just can't debate against secularism in here, despite other's attempts to do so...... but feel free post.