• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christianity as a Faith

Dadball

This is a question for those do not believe in Jesus or his teachings, but do believe in a Diety. All comments are welcome.

What are the aspects of Jesus and his teachings that you have a hard time with. or understand?

several Caveates

1. There are good and bad people in all walks and belief systems. The followers are made up of humans, and humans a falible. I'm not looking for the "I just don't like Christians" thing.
2. Traditions and dogma were the invention of humans, and even I as Christian have problems with this.
3. You have to believe in a higher authority. God, Goddess, Gods, Nature, Spirits.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Dadball

I am sorry, I hit the button to fast, and my spelling is a terrible. Please forgive me.

This is a question for those do not believe in Jesus or his teachings, but do believe in a Deity. All comments are welcome.

What are the aspects of Jesus and his teachings that you have a hard time with, or understand?

Several Caveats

1. There are good and bad people in all walks and belief systems. The followers are made up of humans and humans a fallible. I'm not looking for the "I just don't like Christians" thing.

2. Traditions and dogma were the invention of humans, and even I as Christian have problems with this.

3. You have to believe in a higher authority. God, Goddess, Gods, Nature, Spirits.

Thanks for your thoughts.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
hmmm i guess i just don't believe in the death and resurrection or that he could be the son of G-d, or the incarnation of G-d or whatever else other Christian sects believe jesus to be. I think Jesus and his Apostles were teachers and revolutionaries who wanted to bring the world of the One G-d to the Gentiles but nothing more than that.

huajiro

The only thing that prevents me from believing in Jesus is the fact that I have never met him.
I never believed in my own father until I met him when I was 15. I knew I had a father, or I wouldn't be here, I just couldn't believe in him exactly. It is kind of the same reason I believe in "God".

cardero

Citizen Mod
jewscout writes: hmmm i guess i just don't believe in the death and resurrection or that he could be the son of G-d, or the incarnation of G-d or whatever else other Christian sects believe jesus to be.
I'll order what Jewscout is having too with a side order of Salvation.

Lintu

I don't believe in the idea that one must know Jesus and believe in him to attain salvation. I can't accept that the majority of my ancestors would have been condemned to hell because they had not even the slightest opportunity to encounter Jesus. I don't disagree with all of what he taught, though, by any means.

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
Dadball , you appear to be assuming that one can't believe in Jesus' teaching , unless they believe in everything in the Bible ?

I'm with Lintu on this one . I believe that Jesus' teachings are a way , but not the only way .

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
I believe that Jesus was a wonderfull teacher with a powerful message. That would be about the limit of my 'faith' in Jesus. I don't particualrly believe in his resurection, but hey if it did happin then its nothing Coyote hasn't done.
I agree with Lintu and Kreeden that 'knowing' Jesus isn't the only to god/creator/whatever.

Hope this helps to answer your question.

wa:do