• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christianity and psychic attacks

Ruthexex

Servant of Jesus Christ
Good Afternoon;

I have been going through this for a few months now. To give you some background information I was introduced to Horoscopes at a young age around 5 years old. When I became a teenager I would look up my horoscope everyday. I eventually gave my life to Jesus Christ but backslide after six years. When I backslide I got into Psychic, thirdeye and a few other things. I have now repented and gave my life to Jesus Christ. And I'm serious this is for life. I don't want to have anything to do with Satan and his Kingdom. I'm done! But lately I have been coming under alot of attacks. For examle I would be driving along the road and the devil would be calling me names. People just hate me for no reason. But I don't know if this is from my past of tapping into psychic powers. I keep having nightmares and I feel like God hates me or Satan really hates me. Any help?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Good Afternoon;

I have been going through this for a few months now. To give you some background information I was introduced to Horoscopes at a young age around 5 years old. When I became a teenager I would look up my horoscope everyday. I eventually gave my life to Jesus Christ but backslide after six years. When I backslide I got into Psychic, thirdeye and a few other things. I have now repented and gave my life to Jesus Christ. And I'm serious this is for life. I don't want to have anything to do with Satan and his Kingdom. I'm done! But lately I have been coming under alot of attacks. For examle I would be driving along the road and the devil would be calling me names. People just hate me for no reason. But I don't know if this is from my past of tapping into psychic powers. I keep having nightmares and I feel like God hates me or Satan really hates me. Any help?
Hi and welcome to RF :)
I see you write about attacks and if it is ok I ask you a question about it?

You say it is the devil who attack or call your name, May i ask how do you know it is the devil,and not something else?
When you say you feel God hates you, is there a reason you think so?

Hope this questions is ok for you to answer :)

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Good Afternoon;

New Sounds more like psychological distress from needless stress and worry than anything supernatural.
Welcome.

^^^ This ^^^

Welcome to RF.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Good Afternoon;

I would talk to a doctor about this, if I were you. Hearing the devil calling you names is not normal and suggests something is out of balance, somewhere.

nPeace

Veteran Member
Good Afternoon;

Welcome to the forums, and thank you for sharing.
You are not alone in what you are experiencing. Many people have experienced what you have, and some are still experiencing it.

I am happy to hear that you have made the effort to get out of what was given you - no fault of your own.
This is the case with children in many parts of the world, and depending on where that is, you are more open to it.

You are doing fine, in that your heart is in the right place, and the fact that you are asking these questions, is evidence that you want to please God.
Would he hate you for that? :)
I think you know the answer. ;)
(Proverbs 27:11) Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice, So that I can make a reply to him who taunts me.

Satan is a liar, as you know, so he will do everthing he can to discourage you. Do you think he is happy to lose any of those who get sucked into his lair?
Does a lion get upset at lamb chops thrown or given to it? ;)
(1 Peter 5:8) . . .Your adversary, the Devil, walks about like a roaring lion, seeking to devour someone.

So my friend, whenever you get negative thoughts, of feel discouraged, be of good courage and say: “Jehovah is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?. . .(Hebrews 13:6) ...because God is greater than our hearts and knows all things. (1 John 3:20)

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Welcome to RF.

I pray you can find a Christian psychotherapist to consult with.

Ruthexex

Servant of Jesus Christ
Sounds more like psychological distress from needless stress and worry than anything supernatural.
Welcome.

Ok, I would see shadow people at night. When I pray these things go away. For example my son was sleeping next to me. And I saw a shadow person standing at the feet of the bed where he was and he began to shake. When I woke him up he said he was having a nightmare. So I told him to rebuke it and go back sleep and to sleep closer to me. When he fell back asleep I saw the shadow figure again and it was standing directly in front of my son and he began to shake and when I woke him up he said he was having a nightmare about drowning. So I’m not crazy! I’m seeing what I’m seeing and experiencing what I’m experiencing. I’ve gone to doctors and they can’t help. They think I’m mentally ill but I know I have common sense and nothing is wrong with my physical brain. This is so attack. I just want to know would God do this to someone if he was unhappy with them. Or is this the curse of Cain on my life Genesis 4:14 because people hate me.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Any help?
I only have a small suggestion not a big one. Do you have a smart phone? Get an app that helps you drill in Math arithmetic exercises. Learn your times tables well and learn mental Math tricks. This is a good strengthening exercise similar to awareness meditation with the added benefit of making you better at calculations. I do Math exercises every day, and though at times its very difficult I have gradually improved.

I don't think horoscopes are going to hurt you or invite demons into your life, however some of those who do thinks so recommend Math exercises. I read it in an exorcism book. I like Math exercise whether you believe in demons or not. Mental strengthening is good for you.

Avoid any violent shows. Whether you have a mental problem or whether you are afflicted by the supernatural, avoid violent TV. Avoid thinking about violence of any kind. Avoid violent video games. Try to think about good things, good experiences you have had. Some people can handle seeing violent things, but for many people it is very unhealthy.

Exercise your smile muscles both with your mouth and eyes. Do this at least once per day and whenever you catch yourself frowning for no reason at all. This coerces your emotions to normalize some, so you don't get too negative. In addition remember there is almost always some way to see things positively, so start learning to be creative about that. When something seems bad, try looking at it sideways and speaking about it less negatively. For example instead of saying "Oh I messed up" say "Next time I'll improve."

Start listening to music. Do you have an MP3 player? CD player? Play some music that makes you feel great. Stay away from negative music at least for now. Music has positive emotional benefits and also strengthens your mind. Additionally if you are one of those who believes in demonic possession (I do not) remember that when king Saul is afflicted by demons he is helped by David playing music for him. Get some good music and listen to it.

When you are alone speak to yourself about improvement. "I will improve. I will help myself. I will care about myself and others." When you are alone talk to yourself about the things you have enjoyed and appreciate: "I really like Moosetracks Ice Cream."

But I don't know if this is from my past of tapping into psychic powers. I keep having nightmares and I feel like God hates me or Satan really hates me.
There are two ways of looking at this. Psychologically people are made up of parts, sort of like a car engine has parts. Thoughts come together from different directions in our brains. Occasionally an impulse from parts of the body may get translated into words by mistake. For example your kidney could accidentally be talking to you in nonsense terms. Also the parts of your brain can take on a poetic flare, and that could be where thoughts like "God hates me" come from. Not every thought that goes through our minds represents our entire will.

Best wishes, and I also endorse the idea of seeing a doctor. Its possible for thoughts like these to be caused by various physical ailments, allergies, trichinosis etc. If that is true then you won't fix it just by music or a good attitude. Its reasonable to get a doctor to check you out.
:hugehug:

nPeace

Veteran Member
Ok, I would see shadow people at night. When I pray these things go away. For example my son was sleeping next to me. And I saw a shadow person standing at the feet of the bed where he was and he began to shake. When I woke him up he said he was having a nightmare. So I told him to rebuke it and go back sleep and to sleep closer to me. When he fell back asleep I saw the shadow figure again and it was standing directly in front of my son and he began to shake and when I woke him up he said he was having a nightmare about drowning. So I’m not crazy! I’m seeing what I’m seeing and experiencing what I’m experiencing. I’ve gone to doctors and they can’t help. They think I’m mentally ill but I know I have common sense and nothing is wrong with my physical brain. This is so attack. I just want to know would God do this to someone if he was unhappy with them. Or is this the curse of Cain on my life Genesis 4:14 because people hate me.
I too have seen those shadows, and I was not afraid, because I understood who they were.
Good job.
t2007.gif

I can tell you, that it has nothing to do with Cain, or anyone else.
If you read the accounts in Jesus day, you will see that it was all related to wicked spirits, who try to deceive, and frighten people.
You can read more about that here.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Ok, I would see shadow people at night. When I pray these things go away. For example my son was sleeping next to me. And I saw a shadow person standing at the feet of the bed where he was and he began to shake. When I woke him up he said he was having a nightmare. So I told him to rebuke it and go back sleep and to sleep closer to me. When he fell back asleep I saw the shadow figure again and it was standing directly in front of my son and he began to shake and when I woke him up he said he was having a nightmare about drowning. So I’m not crazy! I’m seeing what I’m seeing and experiencing what I’m experiencing.

Hi there!

It sounds like you've been through some pretty traumatic experiences. Thank you for being brave enough to share them with us!

I don't think anyone doubts that you are having experiences. I think the question is what those experiences actually are. The fact that your child experienced something differently than you suggests something else may be going on here.

I’ve gone to doctors and they can’t help. They think I’m mentally ill but I know I have common sense and nothing is wrong with my physical brain.

If doctors have told you that, I would think seriously about what they have said since they have the education and training to diagnose such things.

I truly hope these experiences subside and you obtain the help of skilled professionals who can assist you. Take care and I hope you stick around! :blueheart:

Ponder This

Good Afternoon;

It sounds like you are internally divided and that this manifests as part of yourself aggressively attacking the other part of yourself. There are two things that may help you in this regard.
1. Find a grounding space.
This could be a Church.​
2. Identify the central emotion surrounding these experiences.
It could be fear or guilt. There could be a combination of emotions.​

Although none of these things is you, it is you experiencing these things. Although they are you, they are not you.

3. Offer your prayer to Christ and identify the primary emotion that your prayer returns to you that will most assist you and assist those around you.

Going forward, ask yourself what you can actually do in the real world to help both yourself and others. It is never enough to just think about making yourself feel good. Find something in your life that contributes to the well-being of everyone around you and always do that one thing.

It is said that horoscopes can predict all the influences in your life, but that there is one thing a horoscope can never do: override a person's will to choose. Whatever the circumstance is, a higher principle always prevails.

Therefore, have faith and pray often. It is helpful to seek assistance from God. If it is a test, then you will navigate the difficulties by exploring them.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Do you realize I'm one of the few who hasn't even hinted at that route of implying you're crazy or need to go to a doctor?
But, if you want to be like that, doctors can help because horoscopes wont cause problems or shadow people. Stress, drugs, and certain psychiatric disorders can. Satan and god have nothing to do with it. The only attack is an overworked and over stressed mind attacking itself.
I know a guy with schizophrenia, and to him it is very real he has fought with angels, been abducted by the mob, is king of the world, has millions of children, and other things his mind has come up with. Your senses experiencing something doesn't make it real or true. If 20 people see the same event, you will wind up with widely and greatly varying accounts about that event.

Last edited:

Ruthexex

Servant of Jesus Christ
Ok thank you guys. The article about Spirits of the dead- Can they help you or harm you answered a lot of questions. You guys have all given me great insight. I appreciate the advice and help.

Ruthexex

Servant of Jesus Christ
Also, I did want to apologize I had to write this in a rush. I have to work all day and wrote this topic with little time.
Hi and welcome to RF :)
I see you write about attacks and if it is ok I ask you a question about it?

You say it is the devil who attack or call your name, May i ask how do you know it is the devil,and not something else?
When you say you feel God hates you, is there a reason you think so?

Hope this questions is ok for you to answer :)

I think it's the devil because its always mean and condemning me. Leaves me feeling horrible about myself and my past.

Ruthexex

Servant of Jesus Christ
Welcome to the forums, and thank you for sharing.
You are not alone in what you are experiencing. Many people have experienced what you have, and some are still experiencing it.

I am happy to hear that you have made the effort to get out of what was given you - no fault of your own.
This is the case with children in many parts of the world, and depending on where that is, you are more open to it.

You are doing fine, in that your heart is in the right place, and the fact that you are asking these questions, is evidence that you want to please God.
Would he hate you for that? :)
I think you know the answer. ;)
(Proverbs 27:11) Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice, So that I can make a reply to him who taunts me.

Satan is a liar, as you know, so he will do everthing he can to discourage you. Do you think he is happy to lose any of those who get sucked into his lair?
Does a lion get upset at lamb chops thrown or given to it? ;)
(1 Peter 5:8) . . .Your adversary, the Devil, walks about like a roaring lion, seeking to devour someone.

So my friend, whenever you get negative thoughts, of feel discouraged, be of good courage and say: “Jehovah is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?. . .(Hebrews 13:6) ...because God is greater than our hearts and knows all things. (1 John 3:20)

Thank you. I am understanding that satan must be attacking me because I'm seeking God. This all started happening when I repented. It's all day and he doesn't let up.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
That’s implying mental health from my point of view. But thank you for the advice.
It's hardly different than any over worked and over stressed muscle. A muscle takes on too much, it hurts, it becomes injured, and bad enough that long term recovery may be required for over usage an already strained muscle. The mind isn't a muscle, but stress from any source (including physical stimuli) can lead to the mind being overworked, over loaded, straining, and injured.
Body or mind, an ounce of prevention is worth more than a pound of cure. Body or mind, when one goes out the other often follows. Sort of like a machine breaking down after one part begins to malfunction or fail. And body or mind, there should be no shame attached to desiring to have a healthy body and mind. We really do need both.

nPeace

Veteran Member
Do you realize I'm one of the few who hasn't even hinted at that route of implying you're crazy or need to go to a doctor?
But, if you want to be like that, doctors can help because horoscopes wont cause problems or shadow people. Stress, drugs, and certain psychiatric disorders can. Satan and god have nothing to do with it. The only attack is an overworked and over stressed mind attacking itself.
I know a guy with schizophrenia, and to him it is very real he has fought with angels, been abducted by the mob, is king of the world, has millions of children, and other things his mind has come up with. Your senses experiencing something doesn't make it real or true. If 20 people see the same event, you will wind up with widely and greatly varying accounts about that event.
I'm wondering, if this claim is true, would that not mean that West Africans would be the most stressed people.
Vodou | Definition, History, West African Vodun, & Facts

However, that is not the case, based on the data.
stressed1.jpg
stressed2.jpg

So why are countries where ritualistic practices to erradicate spirits, not high on the list of stressed countries, when this is a daily practice for them, and their children?