• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christianity and Paganism

syo

In my opinion,
finally, I think I found the only difference Christianity and Paganism have.

In my opinion, Christianity says ''God and creation are separate''.

And in my opinion, Paganism says ''God and creation are different''.

That's it.

Last edited:

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Please cite your resources, otherwise, it's, "I say Christianity says.../Paganism says..."

wellwisher

Christianity is based more on monotheism, while Paganism is based more on Polytheism. Christianity is an integral religion; all the parts are one in God, while Paganism is more of a differential religion; One is defined as many.

The three aspects of God, in Christianity; Father, Son and Holy Spirit represent the (x,y,z) axis used to represent a 3-D grid; integration of elements. Paganism breaks down their concept of God into many 2-D planes, with each aspect of reality, having its own unique god or goddess; limited plane that defines with its own 2-D cause and affect, niche.

The Christian paradox of God being both a unity and a trinity, which which is often confused as monotheism and polytheism, can be understood using the concept of contemporary computer processors. A single modern processor can have more than one core. In the case of the trinity, the one processor; God, has three cores; father, son, holy spirit, with each of these cores assigned to the same or different tasks, while remaining integrated into 3-D. The Pagan gods have more autonomy and do not always integrate or work as one. They remain more differential or 2-D. The two party approach of politics is more Pagan; remain more differential.

The 3-D approach was more advanced and would absorb the 2-D approaches of the Pagans. St Patrick, who drove out the snakes from Ireland, was a metaphor for Christianity overcoming the 2-D nature of Paganism, and replacing it with their modern 3-D approach; multi-core.

Side Note: Reason or logic is a 2-D approach based on the (x,y) axis of cause and affect. We draw rational pictures on 2-D planes. This is most useful for differentiating immediate reality; living in the now. Living in the now was important to Paganism. It was less about extrapolating the future.

The 3-D approach adds another or third dimension to make the axis of reason (x,y,z). This 3-D approach can be describe as cause, affect, cause and/or affect, cause and affect. It describes extrapolation in 3-D, of real time cause and affect; adds an earlier beginning and the future consequences that precede and follow the 2-D immediate present logic steps; past to present and into the future.

As an example of these difference in logic; St Patrick drove the snakes from Ireland. St Patrick driving out the snakes was the cause and the snakes leaving was the affect. This describes the observations of that immediate present or a description of a past event, witnessed in that present.

In 3-D, an intuition from the Holy Spirit; original cause, created an affect in St Patrick; faith, that resulted in him driving out the snakes; affect=faith, cause and affect. While the leaving of the snakes; old ways of Paganism; the affect of the St Patrick, led to a new cause and affect; transformation into Christianity. In 3-D thinking, the past, present and future all merge and all integrated. These mental exercises made Christianity innovative and creative; one step ahead.

The term Holy Spirit has two words, compared to father and son, which are one word. The sign of the cross has Father and Son touching one thing each; forehead and heart, respectively. The Holy Spirit touches the left and right shoulders. The Holy Spirit has two purposes in the 3-D nature of affect, cause and affect, cause, affect and cause. It is the casual source of the original affect, leading to St Patrick's faith. It is also the final cause leading to conversion into Christianity; alpha and omega. The 3-D approach was mind expanding and is still beyond the modern education. Nothing works in isolation since even immediate things are attached to past and future via layers of additional causes and additional affects.

Last edited:

stanberger

Christianity is based more on monotheism, while Paganism is based more on Polytheism. Christianity is an integral religion; all the parts are one in God, while Paganism is more of a differential religion; One is defined as many.

The three aspects of God, in Christianity; Father, Son and Holy Spirit represent the (x,y,z) axis used to represent a 3-D grid; integration of elements. Paganism breaks down their concept of God into many 2-D planes, with each aspect of reality, having its own unique god or goddess; limited plane that defines with its own 2-D cause and affect, niche.

The Christian paradox of God being both a unity and a trinity, which which is often confused as monotheism and polytheism, can be understood using the concept of contemporary computer processors. A single modern processor can have more than one core. In the case of the trinity, the one processor; God, has three cores; father, son, holy spirit, with each of these cores assigned to the same or different tasks, while remaining integrated into 3-D. The Pagan gods have more autonomy and do not always integrate or work as one. They remain more differential or 2-D. The two party approach of politics is more Pagan; remain more differential.

The 3-D approach was more advanced and would absorb the 2-D approaches of the Pagans. St Patrick, who drove out the snakes from Ireland, was a metaphor for Christianity overcoming the 2-D nature of Paganism, and replacing it with their modern 3-D approach; multi-core.

Side Note: Reason or logic is a 2-D approach based on the (x,y) axis of cause and affect. We draw rational pictures on 2-D planes. This is most useful for differentiating immediate reality; living in the now. Living in the now was important to Paganism. It was less about extrapolating the future.

The 3-D approach adds another or third dimension to make the axis of reason (x,y,z). This 3-D approach can be describe as cause, affect, cause and/or affect, cause and affect. It describes extrapolation in 3-D, of real time cause and affect; adds an earlier beginning and the future consequences that precede and follow the 2-D immediate present logic steps; past to present and into the future.

As an example of these difference in logic; St Patrick drove the snakes from Ireland. St Patrick driving out the snakes was the cause and the snakes leaving was the affect. This describes the observations of that immediate present or a description of a past event, witnessed in that present.

In 3-D, an intuition from the Holy Spirit; original cause, created an affect in St Patrick; faith, that resulted in him driving out the snakes; affect=faith, cause and affect. While the leaving of the snakes; old ways of Paganism; the affect of the St Patrick, led to a new cause and affect; transformation into Christianity. In 3-D thinking, the past, present and future all merge and all integrated. These mental exercises made Christianity innovative and creative; one step ahead.

The term Holy Spirit has two words, compared to father and son, which are one word. The sign of the cross has Father and Son touching one thing each; forehead and heart, respectively. The Holy Spirit touches the left and right shoulders. The Holy Spirit has two purposes in the 3-D nature of affect, cause and affect, cause, affect and cause. It is the casual source of the original affect, leading to St Patrick's faith. It is also the final cause leading to conversion into Christianity; alpha and omega. The 3-D approach was mind expanding and is still beyond the modern education. Nothing works in isolation since even immediate things are attached to past and future via layers of additional causes and additional affects.

stanberger

1 is not 3. and 3 is not 1. the nicea 325ad vote for trinity veered the church away from monotheism dd in sun day worship. the day Rome worshipped the sun god on sun day as the sabbath for christianity and today you see why christianity is in steep decline

RestlessSoul

In my opinion,

That's it.

John 14:20 might suggest otherwise

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
In my opinion,

That's it.

I like that!

Christianity also tends toward a linear view of spiritual ti.e, and for many pagans (not all) it's more cyclical.

For instance, much of Christianity is rooted in the idea of a historical Jesus with very specific beginnings and ends, whereas many pagans see life as a neverending circle with no beginning or end.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
When you say "Paganism", are you talking about modern (Neo-)Paganism or historical polytheistic religious practices?

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I don't understand.

The Gods are both seperate and not seperate from Creation.

Your premise is silly. The main difference between Paganism and Christianity is Pagans don't worship Jesus/Yahweh or the Trinity, which I the Hallmark point of being "Christian", following "Christ".

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
1 is not 3. and 3 is not 1. the nicea 325ad vote for trinity veered the church away from monotheism dd in sun day worship. the day Rome worshipped the sun god on sun day as the sabbath for christianity and today you see why christianity is in steep decline

Monotheism/Christianity isn't in steep decline since the council of Nicea lmao.

This doesn't look like a "decline" to me.

440px-BranchesofChristianity.svg.png

"Approximately 2.38 billion people practice some form of Christianity globally. This means that about one-third of the world's total population is Christian."

Most Christian Countries 2022

"Countries with the highest total number of Christians:
United States
Brazil
Mexico
Nigeria
Philippines
Russia
Democratic Republic of Congo
Italy
Ethiopia
China "

Does that look like "steep decline"

Or severe overreaction? I'm going with the latter.

syo

The Gods are both seperate and not seperate from Creation.
I disagree. In my opinion, in paganism, Gods and "creation" aren't separated at all. Even the word "creation" is wrong in paganism. The correct word is nature. Gods and Nature are together, never separated.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Christianity also tends toward a linear view of spiritual ti.e, and for many pagans (not all) it's more cyclical.

For instance, much of Christianity is rooted in the idea of a historical Jesus with very specific beginnings and ends, whereas many pagans see life as a neverending circle with no beginning or end.

This is a better description between the two then @syo 's imo.

syo

I would argue that the paradigm underlying pre-Christian religious practices differs from modern approaches to religion and spiritualism in several important ways, so yes, I do believe it matters.
I see. I mean old paganism.