• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christianity and Islam, an impossible alliance?

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
when it come to fighting between religions. at what ever level, it is still going on. though most have seen the futility of it and live in relative harmony.
The Muslim sects are still at an early stage in this process, and fight each other over dogma in much the same way catholics and protestants once did.
A large majority of fighting in the middle east is Muslim against Muslim. Unfortunately many other religions get caught up in the collateral damage.

Before any conciliation between Muslims and other religions can take place, There must be a reconciliation between the Muslim sects.
Do not expect that to happen anytime soon.....

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
But how is that different from Christianity?

We must forget labels to work together. It is not ultimately important who someone was biologically so long as we are all working together to make the world a better place.

I agree, but the bible is filled with that too.

But people no longer fear disregarding those parts. And that is how it should be.

For various reasons, a similar sobering up has not really taken root among Muslims. And unfortunately, it does not look like it is all that likely to ever happen. To the best of my understanding, Islaam was carefully designed from the start to be resistant to change, to the point that decreeing parts of its practice "inovations" actually demands a defense.

Just saw on my FB page from a news site that many Jewish headstones are being destroyed. Someone is not on good terms ...

I would look for anyone who cuts eye holes in their white pillowcases ... :p

Wow. I thought that was left behind decades ago, for good.

Groups led by Putin, Neti, Donald ...

People who never ought to be listened to, indeed.

It is bad, but basically unavoidable, that they hold ideas such as theirs. But the true shame is that many people give them attention.

I live in the US. I'm much more at risk statistically of being in danger from some redneck Christian than I am any other type of person. I still am, even though I thought moving above the Mason-Dixon line would solve that, but I think I see more CSA/Trump stuff up here in PA than I did in the actual South ...
That is really unfortunate.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Before any conciliation between Muslims and other religions can take place, There must be a reconciliation between the Muslim sects.
Do not expect that to happen anytime soon.....

We should consider what is the nature of a conciliation, though. Some forms are destructive, while others are badly needed.

Unfortunately, there is not a whole lot of hope for a constructive reconciliation among Muslims. The most often presented parameters for even seeking one are very dismaying, almost as if meant to disappoint.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
We should consider what is the nature of a conciliation, though. Some forms are destructive, while others are badly needed.

Unfortunately, there is not a whole lot of hope for a constructive reconciliation among Muslims. The most often presented parameters for even seeking one are very dismaying, almost as if meant to disappoint.

The Quran warns Muslims against compromise and being led astray. And as they believe it to be the word of God, any one with a different view or interpretation, to their own, is by definition an apostate.
Before any compromise can take place, they must accept the possibility of more than one interpretation.

Muffled

Jesus in me
The Bishop of Regensburg, Germany, Rudolf Voderholzer, said on January 30 that there could be no reconciliation between Christians and Muslims. Islam is a "post-Christian phenomenon, with the claim to negate the core content of Christianity," he said. "Only those who do not know their own faith or do not take it seriously can consider a comprehensive integration of Islam as possible."

I believe since this is an RCC bishop that the view is that everyone else has to conform to the RCC.

Muffled

Jesus in me
The good Bishop is quite correct. Islamic theology negates the very core of Christianity and Christian dogma. One small example, is that the vast majority of Muslims see the Muslim version of Jesus as being 2nd to Muhammad, as Muhammad is viewed as the perfect example for mankind. Likewise, the differences between the two views of Jesus couldn't be much more complete. It's as if two entirely different people are being referenced. Aside from this, why would anyone, in their right mind, want to "consider a comprehensive integration of Islam as (being) possible."

I can see the reality as I believe a false theology (current Islamic views) can't be reconciled with a true theology (hard to say who in Christianity has it though).

Muffled

Jesus in me
Christianity and Islam cannot reconcile. Why Christians and Muslims cannot reconcile is unclear. They simply have to stop being aggressive to each other and live peacefully.
I believe people tend to stick with what they were taught or think they have learned whether it is true or not.

David1967

Premium Member
Making peace is easy, each side should keep his nose out of others business and belief.
Regards

Again, I agree with this statement, but I want to take it a step farther. Do you believe that a Muslim or a Christian should be free, without repercussions to change their faith to the other?

Limo

Again, I agree with this statement, but I want to take it a step farther. Do you believe that a Muslim or a Christian should be free, without repercussions to change their faith to the other?
I don't understand the word "repercussions" and so the question.
Sorry, I'm not native English speaker.:(

David1967

Premium Member
I don't understand the word "repercussions" and so the question.
Sorry, I'm not native English speaker.:(

My apologies. By repercussions I mean, should Christians and Muslims be free to convert to the other religion if they so choose to do so, without fear of harm being done to them?

Limo

My apologies. By repercussions I mean, should Christians and Muslims be free to convert to the other religion if they so choose to do so, without fear of harm being done to them?

The law of killing the converted to non-Muslim is in Islam same as in Torah. It's the Creator law.

It's not applied in most of Islamic countries now.

But suppose that the Islamic law is applied fully in certain country. The Islamic law includes the discussions and chances for years before applying the Islamic/Torah Law.

Some Islamic scholars are saying, this is in case of acting against the sate only. Most of Islamic counties applies this understanding.

Regards

David1967

Premium Member
The law of killing the converted to non-Muslim is in Islam same as in Torah. It's the Creator law.

It's not applied in most of Islamic countries now.

But suppose that the Islamic law is applied fully in certain country. The Islamic law includes the discussions and chances for years before applying the Islamic/Torah Law.

Some Islamic scholars are saying, this is in case of acting against the sate only. Most of Islamic counties applies this understanding.

Regards

Ok, fair enough. But in your personal opinion should a person be free to choose?

Reggie Miller

The Bishop of Regensburg, Germany, Rudolf Voderholzer, said on January 30 that there could be no reconciliation between Christians and Muslims. Islam is a "post-Christian phenomenon, with the claim to negate the core content of Christianity," he said. "Only those who do not know their own faith or do not take it seriously can consider a comprehensive integration of Islam as possible."

I agree. Muslims deny Christ while Christ is our very soul.

Limo

Ok, fair enough. But in your personal opinion should a person be free to choose?
Let me explan another level.
There is no compulsion in religion in Islam. It's Haram (forbidden) in Quran.

This Law is applied on Muslims only same as it was applied on Jews.
Muslim is not free in this context.

In Islam we submits to Allah and his laws even if we see it's against our wishes.
We believe it's Allah the Creator the Judge who is going to account us at the end day. No chance to reject his laws.
I wish if that law doesn't exist but It's there.
Regards

David1967

Premium Member
Let me explan another level.
There is no compulsion in religion in Islam. It's Haram (forbidden) in Quran.

OK, that is good.

This Law is applied on Muslims only same as it was applied on Jews.
Muslim is not free in this context.

To me, that is not good. If a person stays in a religion due to fear and not belief, is that person really of that faith?

We believe it's Allah the Creator the Judge who is going to account us at the end day.

Great. So God is the judge, not man. I agree with this. So by that thinking (which I agree with) ,a person should be free to leave or stay in a religion here on earth because God, not man, is the one to judge us after this life. Am I understanding correctly?