• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'Christian'

t3gah

Jesus showed everyone what the real followers of 'the christian way' are supposed to be in stature, appearance, wealth, etc., which rules for are laid out in the gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, etc.

Christians know and teach that no Christians build their own synagogues (church, meeting place, house of god, kingdom hall, etc.). Christians teach/preach in the non-believers meeting places, synagogues, etc., and when those people who own those places are converted, those places now belong to every Christian. Jesus set this up so there would never be a competition over who's house of worship was better than the other groups. So Church, Synagogue, Kingdom Hall, etc., is the sign of Non-Christians, if they, those who say they are "Christians", built or bought the meeting places in question.

Christians know and teach that there is no such thing as a "Christian Denomination". You are either adhering to all of the rules Jesus laid out or you are not. Those that don't adhere to them all are not Christians no matter what they or anyone else says. Christians know and teach this fact.

Christians know and teach that anyone adding or taking away commandments to the scriptures are not Christians as the rule states about the anti-christ (someone against Jesus' rules) and the rules explicitly saying not to 'add or remove from the scrolls' written in the book of Revelation. All those who do are... NOT Christians. Christians know and teach this fact.

Christians know and teach not to have jobs. Jesus stated to his disciples to quit their jobs as the 12 apostles did and became his followers. Examples of Jesus commandment is the case of Matthew, the tax collector and Saul, the Pharisee. Jesus commanded the apostles to teach this to everyone else and have them adhere to this commandment. Those that 'worked', did so to supply goods for all Christians and it wasn't monatarily as in money, it was for food and for shelter as in the case of the apostles with their fishing nets and Aquila and Priscila who made tents.

Christians know and teach that the 12th apostles name is really Saul and not Paul because they know the difference when people are speaking about the accounts in the Bible.

Christians know and teach not to ask for money as Jesus told his apostles plainly not to do when they went out teaching and talking to others as they converted them. Those same apostles were commanded by Jesus to teach and have all disciples adhere to 'everything' Jesus commanded the apostles to do.

Christians know and teach that Christians are supposed to speak to people everywhere including in the Non-Christian temples (churches, synagogues, kingdom halls).

Christians know and teach not to bring their children along when they go out talking to others about the Kingdom of the Heavens. But they will talk to children who might be present.

Christians know and teach not to wear "fancy" clothes as Jesus stated the Pharisee's did. Jesus stated that those who dressed like that are not noticed by God as 'humble'. NO ties, suits, button-down shirts, fancy shoes, etc. Chistians dress 'plainly' and more like 'regular' people which Jesus even told his disciples not to wear fancy outer garments.

Christians know and teach that even though all the things listed in the Bible are from a long time ago doesn't mean the scriptures can be reinterpreted with a "modern sense" to make it "safe" to perform certain duties because of "modern times". Christians perform the tasks laid out in the Bible without changing them to 'fit modern times' taking the Bible and making it like the US Constitution with it's many amendments. Christians know and teach others to do as the Bible says and not to interpret "modern times are not safe as those people thousands of years ago" as doing so shows you don't trust God will protect what's important about you.

Christians know and teach other Christians to go door-to-door and enter peoples homes that invite them in, eat a meal with them after blessing the household and to those that don't invite them in they "dust off their feet" and NEVER return to those houses as Jesus commanded the apostles to do and teach to everyone else the same.

Christians know and teach not to celebrate the "lord's meal" in churches, kingdom halls, synagogues, etc. Christians know and teach what Saul and the 11 remaining apostles were commanded to do. Observe this eating of unleaven bread and drinking of wine with other Christians only and to do so in someone's house or a private room in an inn (motel/hotel). This 'eating and drinking' is not exclusive to 'annointed persons' as the bible clearly showed Saul told all Christians to observe this as Jesus stated to him.

Christians know and teach that Christians are never harmed or killed by weather, earthquakes, and other 'natural disasters' as the Bible clearly shows that no 'true follower of God' ever got hurt, like the apostle Saul or Daniel and his companions, or the apostles on the sea of Galilee, etc.

Christians know and teach that no Christian meeting place had 'collection plates' or 'receptacles for money'. The Temple in Israel at the time was for those who believed in Judaism, NOT Christianity.

Christians know and teach not to say long prayers or repeat the same prayers over and over again or pray out in public as Jesus stated that those that do such things want to be noticed and are not Christians at all. The long prayer in the Old Testament doesn't count as an example of how to pray because he wasn't a Christian.

Christians know and teach not to hold any political offices, no matter what rank or even if it's a volunteer job. Joseph in Egypt was NOT a Christian and the Roman Centurion was someone that was adhering to the rules in book of Romans.

Christians know and teach that Christians pay their taxes when the tax is due, even though they don't have jobs.

Christians know and teach that Catholic is NOT in the Bible and thus is something ADDED to the Bible meaning and NON-Christian. Christians know and teach this fact.

Christians know and teach that Jehovah is NOT a Christian name as it doesn't appear in the Bible as such because there were no vowels for the original name for God and the person that translated this name for God was NOT a Christian, he was Catholic. Jesus said not to even eat with such people in the New Testament. Christians know and teach this fact.

Christians know and teach not to carry scepters, no matter who they are, as royalty does. Of which Jesus stated were "people who would not enter the Kingdom of the Heavens".

Christians know and teach to only drink wine as the only alcoholic beverage of choice and do so at wedding parties, to make them well when they have a stomach ache and to observe the death of Jesus. The latter of which they do as stated previously: with all Christians present, not with unbelievers and not in the Christian meeting place.

Christians know and teach that "books" of Psalms and The Song of Solomon are songs and not prophecies/stories, with the latter known as a sort of "blues song journal"of someone doing something bad, as the song clearly shows the whole thing is about failing to "win over someone elses girlfriend" and that this song is NOT something romantic or beautiful.

Christians know and teach not to own homes, houses, apartment houses, motels, hotels, etc. They sell them to pay for the teaching and preaching work as the New Testament clearly shows everyone sold their homes to raise money for the teaching/preaching work as the apostles commanded.

Christians know and teach that Christian women don't write anything that is used to teach anyone else. Christian men write the documents for the women.

Christians know and teach not to bow to angels or pray to anyone except God the Father as Jesus stated.

Christians know and teach not to call the male parent Father no matter what and don't call anyone else on the planet Father no matter what language either.

Christians know and teach that couples are male and female as the Bible shows all who are not are NOT Christians no matter what any publication, non-Christian or political organization says.

Christians know and teach that there are no Ghosts and God's will is not referred to as the Holy Ghost, it's the Holy Spirit.

Christians know and teach that not to kiss statues and remember what Isaiah said about things made by human hands, etc.

Christians know and teach that Jesus is the Word and is God because the Bible says he is even though NON-Christians state that God cannot die as Jesus died on the cross which shows that nothing is impossible for God as Jesus was part of God with the earthly body he had, etc.

Christians know and teach not to use the terms "real Christian" or "true Christian" because either "you are Christian" or "you are not Christian". Christians know and teach that saying "real" and "true" would denote there can be "Denominations" or "other kinds of Christians" and Christians know never to do this.

Christians know and teach to speak the "word of God" to everyone except those Jesus said not to talk to even to this day.

Christians know and teach to observe Birthdays with other Christians only since the Bible shows what happens when you are with people who are not believers of the Christian God.

Christians know and teach that the apostle Peter is also Satan as Jesus clearly called Peter: Satan, in the New Testament.

Christians know and teach that Jesus is also Moses and Elijah as he, Jesus, clearly showed 3 apostles up in the mountain.

Christians know and teach that Moses and Elijah are in Heaven because of the fact of above.

t3gah

Christians know and teach that people who are true Christians will both go to Heaven or stay on Earth and God is the one that decides this during the resurrection.

Christians know and teach that there are no persons who are "anointed and can't perform miracles" in the world today.

Christians know and teach that Christians don't lie.

Christians know and teach that Christians don't steal.

Christians know and teach that Christians don't cuss.

Christians know and teach that Christians don't fornicate.

Christians know and teach that Christians don't commit adultery.

Christians know and teach that Christians don't vote.

Christians know and teach that Christians don't eat pork because they know that the Old Testament is something that all Christians must know and adhere to because it's close to their hearts.

Christians know and teach that Christians don't associate with Non-Christians unless they are speaking the word of God to them.

Christians know and teach that Christians don't judge other people outside of the rules Jesus stated himself and through his disciples.

Christians know and teach that Christians call themselves Christians or followers of the Christian way just like the terms in the Bible and don't consider themselves anything other or more than those terms.

Christians know and teach that the anti-Christ already came and there was more than one anti-Christ "back then" and that there will be more in the future until the end of "man-made society" we live in today.

Christians know and teach that there is to such a thing as "predestination" from God's point of view as Judas Iscariot's role and even his worth is stated in the New Testament as "the son of destruction" and the "one Jesus was waiting for to fulfill the role as traitor".

Christians know and teach that all dreams that people have come from God.

Christians know and teach that Christians don't debate any of the facts above because they believe the Bible as fact and know how to tell what is what because God's spirit is really with them.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
I find this a very one eyed view of Christianity.
Terry

James the Persian

Dreptcredincios Crestin
t3gah,

So are these Christians (who sound like they must be very hungry and cold given that they can neither work nor ask for money) people who you approve or disapprove of? You see, last time you mentioned the word you were saying that Christians shouldn't be called Christians at all and now you seem to be saying that Christian isn't such a bad term after all. Which is it?

And I feel you're rather stuck on the externals of Christ's teaching and seem to have completely missed the spirit. I shouldn't be surprised, I suppose, seeing as you also managed to get hung up on a Hebrew to Greek translation.

James

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
t3gah,

What point are you trying to make ? - I don't mean just in this post; you seem to be bashing your head on a brick wall for no other apparent purpose than 'hitting out'.

fromthe heart

t3gah...some of the things you stated that are supposed to be for christians are for the apostles and not just everyone...at least that was how I inturpereted some of them in scripture. The Bible states how a christian should behave in Romans 12:3-21...I think...is that what you are refering to or were you just making a statement of faith in that VERY long post?..Did you have another point you were trying to get at?:)

njcl

t3gah said:
Christians know and teach that the apostle Peter is also Satan as Jesus clearly called Peter: Satan, in the New Testament.

Christians know and teach that Jesus is also Moses and Elijah as he, Jesus, clearly showed 3 apostles up in the mountain.

huh??.............you need to not take the bible literaly in some chapters

t3gah

Christians know and teach that Jews of Judaism are still supposed to observe the Passover meal because it was instituted before the Mosaic Law and even Jesus and the Apostles showed that Jews are supposed to observe it and if they are Christian they are supposed to observe the Lord's Meal as well because God said the Passover is for "time indefinite for all your generations".

t3gah

Christians know and teach that Christians don't kill because the New Testament says to pray for those who persecute and also there's a commandment that even Jesus reiterates about killing being against God's commandment.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
t3gah, are you going to answer the questions in the members' replies to your post, or are you merely Proselytizing, which I am sure, you know is not permitted, under the forum rules ?:confused:

t3gah

Christians know and teach that all Christians must obey the law of whatever ruling government that's in power for the place they are dwelling or visiting.

t3gah

michel said:
t3gah, are you going to answer the questions in the members' replies to your post, or are you merely Proselytizing, which I am sure, you know is not permitted, under the forum rules ?:confused:
when i'm finished posting the whole thing i will.

Pah

Uber all member
t3gah said:
when i'm finished posting the whole thing i will.
We like to have just a few points to be discussed at a time. Please delay any further points untill the ones already presented are exhausted.

t3gah

I didn't copy all the verses down for obvious reasons and all I am stating are facts from the Bible which is a way of educating oneself as to the content.

You think by the amount of posts I have that you, michel, wouldn't even suggest such a thing from me. But perhaps I don't understand your question since I am just posting what the Bible says by the many definitions that the Bible has for people who are Christian. I'm trying hard not to make this thread move to the debate section, hence my bottom line entry of 'part two of 'Christian'. Understand or ?

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
Ruth went to her mail box and there was only one letter. She picked it up and looked at it before opening, but then she looked at the envelope again. There was no stamp, no postmark, only her name and address. She read the letter:

Dear Ruth:
I'm going to be in your neighborhood Saturday afternoon and I'd like to stop by for a visit.
Love Always,
Jesus
Her hands were shaking as she placed the letter on the table. “Why would the Lord want to visit me? I'm nobody special. I don't have anything to offer.” With that thought, Ruth remembered her empty kitchen cabinets. “Oh my goodness, I really don't have anything to offer. I'll have to run down to the store and buy something for dinner.” She reached for her purse and counted out its contents. Five dollars and forty cents. “Well, I can get some bread and cold cuts, at least.” She threw on her coat and hurried out the door.

A loaf of French bread, a half-pound of sliced turkey, and a carton of milk...leaving Ruth with a grand total of twelve cents to last her until Monday.

Nonetheless, she felt good as she headed home, her meager offerings tucked under her arm. “Hey lady, can you help us?”
Ruth had been so absorbed in her dinner plans, she hadn't even noticed two figures huddled in the alleyway. A man and a woman, both of them dressed in little more than rags “Look lady, I ain't got a job, ya know, and my wife and I have been living out here on the street, and, well, now it's getting cold and we're getting kind of hungry and, well, if you could help us, lady, we'd really appreciate it.”

Ruth looked at them both. They were dirty, they smelled bad and frankly, she was certain that they could get some kind of work if they really wanted to. “Sir, I'd like to help you, but I'm a poor woman myself. All I have is a few cold cuts and some bread, and I'm having an important guest for dinner tonight and I was planning on serving that to Him.”

“Yeah, well, okay lady, I understand. Thanks anyway.”
The man put his arm around the woman's shoulders, turned and headed back into the alley. As she watched them leave, Ruth felt a familiar twinge in her heart. “Sir, wait!” The couple stopped and turned as she ran down the alley after them. “Look, why don't you take this food. I'll figure out something else to serve my guest.”
She handed the man her grocery bag. “Thank you lady. Thank you very much!”

“Yes, thank you!” It was the man's wife, and Ruth could see now that she was shivering. “You know, I've got another coat at home. Here, why don't you take this one.” Ruth unbuttoned her jacket and slipped it over the woman's shoulders. Then smiling, she turned and walked back to the street...without her coat and with nothing to serve her guest. “Thank you lady! Thank you very much!”
Ruth was chilled by the time she reached her front door, and worried too. The Lord was coming to visit and she didn't have anything to offer Him. She fumbled through her purse for the door key. But as she did, she noticed another envelope in her mailbox.
“That's odd. The mailman doesn't usually come twice in one day.”
She took the envelope out of the box and opened it.

Dear Ruth:
It was so good to see you again. Thank you for the lovely meal. And thank you, too, for the beautiful coat.
Love Always
Jesus

njcl

tg3ah..............you seem to be thrusting your beliefs on us without actually explaining them,i have noticed this in a few of your posts,as though we need to know them...........