• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christian women marrying muslim men

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Is that right? I thought that Almighty God was compassionate..
Are you saying that "Christ" is not? :)
"No one comes to the Father except through me"
"Enter in through the narrow gate"
"I am the way the truth and the life"
etc, such as Luke 10:16, Luke 10:10-12, Luke 6:47-49.

No, no compromising.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Are you referring to Christian men, or Christian women?

I know of Muslim women who have married Christian men. They declared that they accepted Islam ie. they bore witness that they believed that it was true
It doesn't mean that they pray 5 times a day or even go to the mosque on a friday
..it depends on the family of the bride, really

Oh .. and somebody who witnesses Islam to be true does not necessarily make their previous faith null & void.
A Muslim believes in Jesus, Moses, Abraham, peace be with them. The "son of God" thing is not really understood by a lot of Christians, in any case.
Furthermore, some Christian denominations already believe in the unity of God
Muslim beliefs about Jesus are heretical and blasphemous. One cannot accept Islam and Christianity (Christ) at the same time. One ends up abandoning one or the other.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Are you referring to Christian men, or Christian women? .. Oh .. and somebody who witnesses Islam to be true does not necessarily make their previous faith null & void.
Will that make any difference. Islam is supposed to treat both in the same way. So accepting God is enough? Not necessary to accept Mohammad as the Seal?

muhammad_isa

Muslim beliefs about Jesus are heretical and blasphemous. One cannot accept Islam and Christianity (Christ) at the same time. One ends up abandoning one or the other.
Funny that .. Most Jews seem to have the same attitude. (Christian beliefs about Jesus are blasphemous)
Some people know better than to condemn everybody except for themselves.

I take it that Christians who believe in strict monotheism are also "heretics" according to you..
Almighty God will judge between us on judgement day .. He knows our intentions, who is evil and who is not

Last edited:

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Funny that .. Most Jews seem to have the same attitude. (Christian beliefs about Jesus are blasphemous)

I take it that Christians who believe in strict monotheism are also "heretics" according to you..
Almighty God will judge between us on judgement day .. He knows our intentions, who is evil and who is not

I know Jews think that; but then I'm not trying to say that one can be both a Jew and Christian at the same time, as you are saying one can be a Christian and accept Islam at the same time. One belief will be held heretical by the other. It will never work.

You mean 'unitarian monotheism' as opposed to 'trinitarian monotheism'? Yes, I think Christian Unitarians are heretics, unless they have another way of explaining how Christ is God without creating two gods. I've not heard one.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member

Do you think that believing that God is triune is an evil thing?

Ciao

- viole

muhammad_isa

Do you think that believing that God is triune is an evil thing?

Not as such .. but it can lead to evil if one then concludes that "the law doesn't apply to them"
This basically means that they are free to do what they wish, and they believe that the consequences of sin are borne by Jesus "sacrificing himself" etc.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Not as such .. but it can lead to evil if one then concludes that "the law doesn't apply to them"
This basically means that they are free to do what they wish, and they believe that the consequences of sin are borne by Jesus "sacrificing himself" etc.
I'm sorry, but your understanding of Christianity is pretty poor.

Hear the words of Christ:
Matthew 5:27-30
27“You have heard that it was said, ‘YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY’; 28but I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart. 29“If your right eye makes you stumble, tear it out and throw it from you; for it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body, than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. 30“If your right hand makes you stumble, cut it off and throw it from you; for it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body, than for your whole body to go into hell.

Hear also what St.Paul says:
1 Romans 6:15-18
15 What then? Are we to sin because we are not under law but under grace? By no means! 16 Do you not know that if you present yourselves to anyone as obedient slaves,you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin, which leads to death, or of obedience, which leads to righteousness? 17 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, 18 and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

1 Corinthians 6:9-11
9Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God. 11Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.

interminable

منتظر
It depends on you and your partner
If u are both so religious u need to nurture your children from the beginning with religious beliefs and this will definitely cause some problems since u can't wait them to reach adolescence and expect them to be religious

But if both of u don't care too much of religion u can settle that

And if your husband is so religious forget him because the only one that will be suppressed is u

Anyway
My suggestion is that it's better to choose someone that is completely matched with u
I'm very interested to know about your knowledge of Islam
Do u know there are lots of foods that are forbidden by Islam?
All intoxicating things are forbidden

After all I think your decision isn't rational

Last edited:

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
*** Mod: Please do not use the interfaith discussion area for debate. In keeping with rules 9 and 10 keep things informative without cross examining in this area of the forums. Thanks for posting though!!! ***

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Believe it or not, guys, I fill in love with a Christian woman and had intensive thoughts of asking her for marriage in a time I seriously considered leaving the country to (by chance) hers. Among those thoughts I was hesitant mainly because I worried about her in finding conflicts in the beliefs. This led me to forget about it and break my heart myself for her sake. Not sure if it was one sided as I never told her because of that. Well, soon after the consideration of leaving the country changed, so I guess my ultimate answer came to end everything.

As for the subject at hand, please don't get this the wrong way, but I'm a bigger picture kinda guy and would consider further development for the future family, even tho in my case it didn't get to get this far. I'm not saying to separate, I'm just suggesting to consider it very well. Future possible conflicts will hurt the children more, if any take place.

I hope things go will with you.

Ana.J

Isn't religion supposed to unite people instead of dividing them? Shouldn't love the only thing to guide us? You are 2 mature loving people and you are fighting over your child's religion? Let them choose religion themselves. Isn't is a crime to impose your beliefs on children?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Believe it or not, guys, I fill in love with a Christian woman and had intensive thoughts of asking her for marriage in a time I seriously considered leaving the country to (by chance) hers. Among those thoughts I was hesitant mainly because I worried about her in finding conflicts in the beliefs. This led me to forget about it and break my heart myself for her sake. Not sure if it was one sided as I never told her because of that. Well, soon after the consideration of leaving the country changed, so I guess my ultimate answer came to end everything.

As for the subject at hand, please don't get this the wrong way, but I'm a bigger picture kinda guy and would consider further development for the future family, even tho in my case it didn't get to get this far. I'm not saying to separate, I'm just suggesting to consider it very well. Future possible conflicts will hurt the children more, if any take place.

I hope things go will with you.
My cousin married a Muslim man. While they lived in Canada, life was good and they had 3 children together. One day he picked the kids up from school while she was at work, headed to the airport and left for his home country in the Middle East. My cousin never heard from him or her kids again. Apparently, he was a really nice guy... until that fateful day...

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
My cousin married a Muslim man. While they lived in Canada, life was good and they had 3 children together. One day he picked the kids up from school while she was at work, headed to the airport and left for his home country in the Middle East. My cousin never heard from him or her kids again. Apparently, he was a really nice guy... until that fateful day...

That's why I forgot about that relationship for good. I didn't want something so sad to come upon my wife and the future family.

That was wrong. If he wanted to do this, he should have never gotten married to a non Muslim in the first place. In the end all he did was denying the children their mother's love, and the mother her children.