• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christian Wicca

te_lanus

Alien Hybrid
I think there's just you, though I'm exploring this a bit.

Do you worship El Elyon and Asherah in a Wiccan format, or are you closer to Canaanite Paganism?

I worship EL and Asherah, as my main Gods. then there is the rest of the Gods (Anat, Kothar-wa-Khasis, Yam, Mot, Ba'al & the rest) doing certain functions.

But I use the wiccan festivals.

Shuttlecraft

.Navigator
What exactly is 'Christian Wicca' anyway?
If it means Wiccans who like Jesus, that sounds okay to me..:)
All I really know about Wicca is from the 'Wicker Man' film and the re-make, were the films an accurate portrayal of Wicca or what?
The only thing I didn't like was that they were so scared of having a bad harvest that they sacrificed innocent victims to their god.
Who is their god anyway?

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Christian Wicca is a syncretic religion that, as you might guess, combines elements of Christianity and Wicca together. How each individual does it is going to vary.

Also, the Wicker Man has nothing to do with Wicca. Or any form of contemporary Paganism for that matter. As a general rule, no film you see from Hollywood regarding Paganism, contemporary or otherwise, is at all going to be accurate or representative of actual Pagans. We tend to hate a lot of them for that reason, because inevitably there's some idiot out there who thinks it actually represents us. And even if they don't, it colors their vision of these paths in an extremely negative fashion, which is kind of irritating. Being a religious minority people know next to nothing about is challenging enough without that kind of crap layering on top of it all.

te_lanus

Alien Hybrid
What exactly is 'Christian Wicca' anyway?
it depends on the person who practice it. There is a bit of animosity against it in both the Christian and Pagan/Wicca circles.

A basic defenition is the mix of Christianity and Wicca/Paganism.

For me, I "mix" Christianity, Gnosticism, Wicca & paganism
If it means Wiccans who like Jesus, that sounds okay to me..:)
I know a few wiccans who like Jesus, but they don't