• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christian: was satan the devil or eve the first liar?

ronandcarol

Premium Member
Christian: was satan the devil or eve the first liar?
"You won't die!" the serpent replied....the 1st lie from the father of lies.

ronandcarol

GreenKepi

God doesn't lie (Numbers 23:19); however, He sometimes "twists" the truth around to suit His needs. For example, in Genesis 18: Sarah laughed to herself and thought, "I am worn out and my master is old"...Then the Lord said to Abraham, "Why did Sarah laugh and say, 'Will I really have a child, now that I am old"? I think this is funny! God's twisting this around to protect Abraham's "so-called" fragile feelings....

12jtartar

Premium Member
was satan the devil or eve the first liar?

scriptures to consider:

genesis 2:16,17

genesis 3:1-5

t3gah,
The Bible, Jesus, tells us that The Devil is the father of the lie, John 8:44.
The difference between what is said at Genesis 2:16,17 and Genesis 3:1-5, is caused by the fact that Adam told Eve about what God had said about not eating from the tree of the knowledge of good and bad. Evidently Adam told Eve not to even touch the tree, trying to make sure she did not even take one of the fruit from the tree. Eve was stating what Adam had told her, so she was not lying. Eve was not even created when God told Adam not to eat of the tree.
More than likely God would have allowed them to have eaten from the tree of life which was in the middle of the garden, also,but after the had proven loyal for some period.