• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christian Trinity

lostwanderingsoul

Jesus is Jehovah. So is God the Father and the Holy Spirit. Consider that a "family name." Jesus Must be Jehovah

Jesus is only the Son of God by virtue of his incarnation. Prior to the incarnation Jesus was Jehovah.

You need evidence for Christianity? Recommend you do your homework then. Here's some recommended reading if you're serious:

"The Historical Jesus," by scholar Dr. Gary Habermas;

“The Historical Jesus of the Gospels,” by Dr. Craig Keener

"New Evidence that Demands a Verdict," by former skeptic Josh McDowell;

"Baker Encyclopedia of Christian Apologetics," by Dr. Norman Geisler;

"The Case for Christ," by Lee Strobel," and

"The Case for the Resurrection of Jesus," by Dr. Gary Habermas.

“Miracles – The Credibility of the New Testament Accounts,” by Craig S. Keener

“The Case for Miracles,” by Lee Strobel
Guess what? I really like your explanation. You are saying that there is a family called "Jehovah" with three member in that family. There is Father Jehovah, Jesus Jehovah and Holy Spirit Jehovah. Some people use the family name "God" instead of "Jehovah". So what one person might call a son of God, another person might call a son of Jehovah. It is just a matter of words. But this family ( either God or Jehovah is not limited to just those three members. The Father wants to adopt additional children. And those new children will also be Jehovah. So we might have a Bill Johovah and a Sue Johovah or even a Jose Jehovah. Jehovah ( or God ) is not limited to three members. This is a lie started by Satan to keep people from seeing that they can become part of this holy family. They can be part of Jehovah or God. So we really agree on a lot. I use the name God and you use the name Jehovah. But they are really the same.

Spartan

Guess what? I really like your explanation. You are saying that there is a family called "Jehovah" with three member in that family. There is Father Jehovah, Jesus Jehovah and Holy Spirit Jehovah. Some people use the family name "God" instead of "Jehovah". So what one person might call a son of God, another person might call a son of Jehovah. It is just a matter of words. But this family ( either God or Jehovah is not limited to just those three members. The Father wants to adopt additional children. And those new children will also be Jehovah. So we might have a Bill Johovah and a Sue Johovah or even a Jose Jehovah. Jehovah ( or God ) is not limited to three members. This is a lie started by Satan to keep people from seeing that they can become part of this holy family. They can be part of Jehovah or God. So we really agree on a lot. I use the name God and you use the name Jehovah. But they are really the same.

We Christians who are adopted by God will be saved, but we won't be Jehovah God.

lostwanderingsoul

We Christians who are adopted by God will be saved, but we won't be Jehovah God.
Now you may need to explain a little. When you say "Jehovah God" are you using Jehovah as a first name and God as a last name? I thought we were using Jehovah as a last name. So there was a father Jehovah and a Jesus Jehovah. But now you seem to use Jehovah as a fisrt name and God as a last name. We will not be Jehovah God. So I need to know how you are using the words. Is Jehovah the name of one "person" or is it the name of several "persons"? Jesus is certainly not the same "person" as the Father so if both are Jehovah then that sounds like a last name. Please explain exactly how you use the word Jehovah and the word God.

Muffled

Jesus in me
rolls eyes. it is counter intuitive. you can intellectually learn it, but it defies your innate sense of logic that 1 can't be 3 and 3 can't be 1.

I believe that is correct. God is one in the Father, the Son and The Holy Ghost. So it can never be said that God is the three only that He is in the three.

tigger2

Now you may need to explain a little. When you say "Jehovah God" are you using Jehovah as a first name and God as a last name? I thought we were using Jehovah as a last name. So there was a father Jehovah and a Jesus Jehovah. But now you seem to use Jehovah as a fisrt name and God as a last name. We will not be Jehovah God. So I need to know how you are using the words. Is Jehovah the name of one "person" or is it the name of several "persons"? Jesus is certainly not the same "person" as the Father so if both are Jehovah then that sounds like a last name. Please explain exactly how you use the word Jehovah and the word God.

If you investigate, you will find that OT names (most NT names also) are simply only one name. There was no Jeremiah 'family,' nor 'Joshua' family, NOR JEHOVAH 'FAMILY'!

"God" is not a name, but a title or description: Elohim, El, etc. are words for 'god/God.

Ps. 83:18 - That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth. - KJV.

lostwanderingsoul

If you investigate, you will find that OT names (most NT names also) are simply only one name. There was no Jeremiah 'family,' nor 'Joshua' family, NOR JEHOVAH 'FAMILY'!

"God" is not a name, but a title or description: Elohim, El, etc. are words for 'god/God.

Ps. 83:18 - That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth. - KJV.
So it sounds like Jehovah is the Father. And Jesus is the Son. It is still a family.

lostwanderingsoul

Who is that holy spirit person? It never seems to get pictured .
Consider this.

john 4:24 says that God IS spirit. God is not flesh and blood but a spirit and since God alone is holy the God IS the one and only Holy Spirit. And both Acts 2:17 and Joel 2:28 says the God will pour out HIS spirit upon man. So the Holy Spirit is God, not some third part of a trinity. And since a spirit is invisible, there are no pictures that claim to portray the spirit.

lostwanderingsoul

I believe that is correct. God is one in the Father, the Son and The Holy Ghost. So it can never be said that God is the three only that He is in the three.
If God is in three separate persons, then God is divided and God cannot be divided. And since most people believe that the Holy Spirit is in each saved person, then God is divided into millions of pieces.

tigger2

So it sounds like Jehovah is the Father. And Jesus is the Son. It is still a family.

Yes, the Father is Jehovah, the only true God (John 17:3). And Jesus is the FIRSTBORN Son (indicating that there are more sons after him). And, sure enough, angels are called the sons of God (Job 38:7; Ps. 89:6).

Holy Spirit is not God, but the force or power that God uses.

Last edited:

LightofTruth

Yes, the Father is Jehovah, the only true God (John 17:3). And Jesus is the FIRSTBORN Son (indicating that there are more sons after him). And, sure enough, angels are called the sons of God (Job 38:7; Ps. 89:6).

If God is an immaterial Spirit does that means he has no specific location?

lostwanderingsoul

Sorry but I do not see the word "angels" in the two verses you mention. I thought angels were created long before Jesus was born so Jesus would surely not be the firstborn. And angels are not the same "species" as God so they would not be his children, just his creation.

cataway

Consider this.

john 4:24 says that God IS spirit. God is not flesh and blood but a spirit and since God alone is holy the God IS the one and only Holy Spirit. And both Acts 2:17 and Joel 2:28 says the God will pour out HIS spirit upon man. So the Holy Spirit is God, not some third part of a trinity. And since a spirit is invisible, there are no pictures that claim to portray the spirit.
Jesus is seen with Jehovah but where does that holy spirit guy hang out at ?

Ancient Soul

The Spiritual Universe
Yes it is.
When Jesus' disciples ask him to show them the Father he said that if they had seen him they had seen the Father. That's because the same Spirit that is with the Father was given to Jesus without measure. That Spirit enables Jesus to do all things the Father does.

That is one of the many flaws in the Christian mythology I keep pointing out.

Now regardless of which flavor of Christianity you've been brainwashed to believe, be it that jesus IS 'god" or the SON of "god", why is it that myself and many others can get instructions directly from God, yet jesus had to READ and LEARN from man made SCRIPTURES to learn about himself/"god" and all other spiritual matters?

I mean, if he's "god" or the son of "god" you would think he would be well above our spiritual level and either have the answers already, or at least be able to ask "god" the FATHER for answers, rather than rely upon man made scriptures that have no true spiritual answers.

LightofTruth

Sorry but I do not see the word "angels" in the two verses you mention. I thought angels were created long before Jesus was born so Jesus would surely not be the firstborn. And angels are not the same "species" as God so they would not be his children, just his creation.
That is one of the many flaws in the Christian mythology I keep pointing out.

Now regardless of which flavor of Christianity you've been brainwashed to believe, be it that jesus IS 'god" or the SON of "god", why is it that myself and many others can get instructions directly from God, yet jesus had to READ and LEARN from man made SCRIPTURES to learn about himself/"god" and all other spiritual matters?

I mean, if he's "god" or the son of "god" you would think he would be well above our spiritual level and either have the answers already, or at least be able to ask "god" the FATHER for answers, rather than rely upon man made scriptures that have no true spiritual answers.
I don't think Jesus believed the Scriptures to be man made.

Ancient Soul

The Spiritual Universe
I don't think Jesus believed the Scriptures to be man made.

Splitting hairs is still a straw man reply.

Regardless, care to try again;

"That is one of the many flaws in the Christian mythology I keep pointing out.

I mean, if he's "god" or the son of "god" you would think he would be well above our spiritual level and either have the answers already, or at least be able to ask "god" the FATHER for answers, rather than rely upon man made scriptures that have no true spiritual answers."

Ancient Soul

The Spiritual Universe

Just FYI - Those who call "god" Jehovah are most likely Jehovah Witnesses.

LightofTruth

I am honestly curious how you and many others get instructions directly from God. Do you have his phone number or email address. Most of us get our information from the Bible which we believe to be God's word.
I don't recall ever saying I get instructions directly from God. I think your post was meant for Ancient Soul.