• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christian Shaivism, Shaiva Christianity...

Indeed. Have you looked in the Ramkrishna Order? I think Sri Ramakrishna does a better job of synthesizing the essential elements of God consciousness.

But the Christian church would eschew anything to do with Shiva.

I'm a bold sceptic with anyone who is claimant of being various incarnations in one (I already struggle with Lord Chaitanya Mahaprabhu and Jesus Christ, let alone anyone else!).

Ramakrishna himself made claims of having Lord Chaitanya and Lord Nityananda, and other Hindu saints' personalities merged into his being, and going into ecstasies with Vaishnavism dressed as a gopi; I am pretty sceptic, to be honest.

I am more biased as Vaishnava, but I thought the article would appeal in general to those who like Shiva and want to explore Christianity in Shaiva theology a little more. :)

Pineblossom

Wanderer
I'm a bold sceptic with anyone who is claimant of being various incarnations in one (I already struggle with Lord Chaitanya Mahaprabhu and Jesus Christ, let alone anyone else!).

Ramakrishna himself made claims of having Lord Chaitanya and Lord Nityananda, and other Hindu saints' personalities merged into his being, and going into ecstasies with Vaishnavism dressed as a gopi; I am pretty sceptic, to be honest.

I am more biased as Vaishnava, but I thought the article would appeal in general to those who like Shiva and want to explore Christianity in Shaiva theology a little more. :)

Ramakrishna is not alone - Jesus' mother and siblings had concerns for his well being - well hanging around with his loopy cousin John The Baptizer probably didn't help the sceptics.

I think most of those who claim so some sort of spiritual insight can fall into the same category.

But I think there is much synchrony happening at the moment across the religions.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I guess if you want to do enough research, you can link any two faiths together, given enough time. There are always scholars willing to do this. I don't see synchronicity much, but in general I do see a development of more interfaith respect. But that's just my take.