• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christian: Reincarnation is the same as Resurrection

t3gah

In the Bible God states he will wipe out every tear and death, mourning and suffering will be no more and there will be a resurrection of the dead. That means that people will be reconstituted into something they weren't when they died, as in their memories and physical attributes. Accordingly this is a description of a psuedo transformation or partial reincarnation of sorts. Which means reincarnation is absolutely going to happen because Jesus stated it and Jesus cannot lie.

Pah

Uber all member
t3gah said:
In the Bible God states he will wipe out every tear and death, mourning and suffering will be no more and there will be a resurrection of the dead. That means that people will be reconstituted into something they weren't when they died, as in their memories and physical attributes. Accordingly this is a description of a psuedo transformation or partial reincarnation of sorts. Which means reincarnation is absolutely going to happen because Jesus stated it and Jesus cannot lie.
Have you got a biblical reference for this that I might see the context?

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
t3gah said:
I disagree. Resurrection is the reuniting with of the spirit with the physical body a person had during mortality. It will be the same, familiar body as was laid to rest -- except that it will be glorified and immortal. Reincarnation is the uniting of the spirit, after death, with an entirely different body, even the body of an entirely different species. I don't see how you can possibly confuse the two terms.

Dr._buzz

lets let the dictionary decide

Resurrection:
  1. The act of rising from the dead or returning to life.
  2. The state of one who has returned to life.
  3. The act of bringing back to practice, notice, or use; revival.
  4. Resurrection Christianity.
    1. <LI type=a>The rising again of Jesus on the third day after the Crucifixion.
    2. The rising again of the dead at the Last Judgment.
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=2&q=Resurrection

Reincarnation:

1. Rebirth of the soul in another body.
  2. A reappearance or revitalization in another form; a new embodiment: “The brownstone had already endured one reincarnation: In the 1940's, it was converted into eight studio apartments” (Ben Lloyd).
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=reincarnation

this is what they mean.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Katzpur said:
I disagree. Resurrection is the reuniting with of the spirit with the physical body a person had during mortality. It will be the same, familiar body as was laid to rest -- except that it will be glorified and immortal. Reincarnation is the uniting of the spirit, after death, with an entirely different body, even the body of an entirely different species. I don't see how you can possibly confuse the two terms.
I agree with everything except the last sentence. :D He does this all the time. ;)

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
I think the real question is do we believe in resurrection? of the two I think reincarnation is the easier to believe.
Resurrection following the dictionary and many Christian teachings, suggests that we Die--our spirit returns to God --and later is returned to an uncorrupted body.

Why? Why should a soul reunited with god, even contemplate returning to a living body. There is no need for it, it is a backward step, and separates you from oneness with God.
I think this is one interpretation the early church got wrong. Perhaps they thought that they needed their bodies again to be individuals. And the only life they could imagine was a physical one.

Terry
___________________________________________________-
Blessed are the gentle, they shall inherit the land

magnolia

The Bible tells us that we will be just like Jesus. Jesus was resurrected in a perfect body. So will Christians in the resurrection. There is nothing in heaven that prevents humans from being individuals. Paul said that to die was to be present with the Lord. If we are with the Lord we are definitely there. We are not "part of the same oneness." Each person will retain his or her individuality AND memories. The only difference is that Christians will become "incorruptible" because they put off incorruption. Heaven is a perfect place and the imperfect (the flesh corrupted by sin) has no place there. There is no reincarnation there at all.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Resurection is when a soul of the deceased is reunited with its dead body, like Jesus, Lazurus, or Dracula.
Reincarnation is when a soul of he deceased is reborn into an entirely knew body, possible of a different species.

Know that I re-read katzpur's post, I realized I basically wrote the same thing.

Ram_Dev78

Correct me if Im wrong, Resurrection means bringing life to that which is dead. And re-incarnation means to living in another form of life, to be brought into another body. Ressurection can be done as it is widely known in Tahiti, and the haitians have ways to bring the dead back to life, but in state of Zombie like features. Whereas re-incarnation is world wide known factor, and has been proven.Even people having memories of places they have never visited yet could tell of EXACT and describe it so perfectly, is way beyond any psychological evidence. So whatever in this world which is too far fethching or too unbelieveble.TRUST ME...Believe it. Look no further, just take a look at space, where Are we ? in some distant space, one tiny planet, having civilizations, community, etc, We STILL EXIST !! Imagine that..despite all...We as human beings, living in a world, Still exist, that itself proves its capability of great mystery.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
magnolia said:
The Bible tells us that we will be just like Jesus. Jesus was resurrected in a perfect body. So will Christians in the resurrection. .
I think you will find he returned in his old body complete with wounds, after all he showed them to the disciples. Then a little while later ascended to Heaven in the same body.
Though as far as I know we are not expected to do the same. we are supposed to stay on the new earth with uncorruptable bodies.
This is the one part of Christianity that I find most unlikely, I do not expect it to be true in a literal sense.

Terry
__________________________________-
Blessed are those who bring peace, they shall be children of God