• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christian: Real Presence

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
Victor said:
Why do I thank goodness that they didn't use that word? Because it would mean that they don't believe their own scriptures. It would mean that they believe that Jesus isn't dead, isn't in heaven, isn't present in spirit, can actually be consumed cannibalistically...

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
Willamena said:
Why do I thank goodness that they didn't use that word? Because it would mean that they don't believe their own scriptures.
How in the world would it do that? :areyoucra
Willamena said:
It would mean that they believe that Jesus isn't dead,
What Christian does?
Willamena said:
isn't in heaven, isn't present in spirit,
How would a Triune God not be able to do all this?
Willamena said:
can actually be consumed cannibalistically...
That's about the only one I'll give you. :)

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
Victor said:
How in the world would it do that?
Because that's what the interpretation does; to invoke it with any seriousness reflects a belief.

Victor said:
What Christian does?
You know, that guy. The one who doesn't take things literally.

Victor said:
How would a Triune God not be able to do all this?
Don't you mean how would a magical God not be able to do all this? A "Triune God" is "a Triune Image of God": three in one. Images can't do anything, except in story. God that is symbolically represented by the triune image, on the other hand (i.e. not literal), can be present in spirit, can be "real", "true", and metaphorically "substantial" without having a phyiscal presence.

Quiddity

Willamena said:
Because that's what the interpretation does; to invoke it with any seriousness reflects a belief.
Interpreting is something we all do. What is it about this particular interpretation that would cause one to doubt the scriptures? How is this any different from walking on water for example?
Willamena said:
You know, that guy. The one who doesn't take things literally.
Needle in a hay stack. You'd soon find that we all take some verses literal and others we don't. Very few actually only take ONE interpretative method.
Willamena said:
Don't you mean how would a magical God not be able to do all this? A "Triune God" is "a Triune Image of God": three in one. Images can't do anything, except in story. God that is symbolically represented by the triune image, on the other hand (i.e. not literal), can be present in spirit, can be "real", "true", and metaphorically "substantial" without having a phyiscal presence.
What God isn't magical?

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
Victor said:
Interpreting is something we all do. What is it about this particular interpretation that would cause one to doubt the scriptures? How is this any different from walking on water for example?
I'm going to bow out now, as I probably just shouldn't have said anything.

Victor said:
What God isn't magical?
You've turned the question around from god doing magic to "god is magic."

Quiddity

Willamena said:
I'm going to bow out now, as I probably just shouldn't have said anything.
You've turned the question around from god doing magic to "god is magic."

You've misunderstood, perhaps another day.