• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christian Polytheism explains Strange Verses of Bible

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
And I think you are partly right, but I think mostly atheism exists for other reasons. For example some people think the concept of God is unjust, and they will say so in this forum. They'll say that even if there were God they wouldn't pay any heed.

I see, certainly.
@questfortruth is no more speaking for all theists than @Justanatheist is speaking for all atheists.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
If God is undetectable then it would seem imprudent to have any beliefs about such a being.

One could of course decide to accept any belief but that belief would be unverifiable. So any belief about God is as likely to be as valid/invalid as any other belief.
So why pick one belief over another?
That is a question for another thread -- why people believe in God.

questfortruth

Wow.

In the concept of pantheism, monism, yes, not only your toilet, when someone says everything, its everything, so there is no need for saying toilet especially.
If something feels distasteful to extremes, then that something is certainly wrong. Hear your heart!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
There known millions of gods, but all of them are a mixture of two basic gods and the material world. For example, all variety of colors one gets by mixing just 3 of colors.

In your opinion.

FYI, some of the gods that have been worshipped throughout history were objects of faith thousands of years before you two Johnny come lately usurpers

ChristineM

Premium Member
God and Bible are jobs?!

Pope is a job description, i believe god to be a job description, certainly it isn't a name, its a 6th century ad word.

And of course it's not only job descriptions that aren't capitalised but i don't have time to teach you french

ChristineM

Premium Member
God and Bible are jobs?!

You were talking of pope

Pope is a job description, i believe god to be a job description, certainly it isn't a name, its a 6th century ad word.

And of course it's not only job descriptions that aren't capitalised but i i nt