• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christian Polytheism explains Strange Verses of Bible

Justanatheist

And I think you are partly right, but I think mostly atheism exists for other reasons. For example some people think the concept of God is unjust, and they will say so in this forum. They'll say that even if there were God they wouldn't pay any heed.
Yes but I was replying to his assertion that the big bang and dark matter prove god, whilst I agree about other reasons for atheism I was replying to his specific claim. But I think we are pretty much in agreement here.

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
So, "I'm right, and if you say I'm wrong, then I'm still right." With this view, you can never be wrong no matter what anyone says.

Enjoy being right all the time. I'm sure it must be comforting to know that you never have to be wrong again.

questfortruth

So, "I'm right, and if you say I'm wrong, then I'm still right." With this view, you can never be wrong no matter what anyone says.

Enjoy being right all the time. I'm sure it must be comforting to know that you never have to be wrong again.
What if I am right? I think satan could agree with the arguments if I would become more popular and famous. These things matter a lot for satan, therefore he disagrees with everything that non-prominent authors produce.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
What if I am right? I think satan could agree with the arguments if I would become more popular and famous. These things matter a lot for satan, therefore he disagrees with everything that non-prominent authors produce.
The question i think of is. Would you like satan on your side? Wouldn't it be better to defeat Satan and only have the strenght of God with you?

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member

What can anyone say? You're right, and that's that. Enjoy being right. :shrug:

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I know you weren't directing your comment at me but wanted to from left field point out something.

My understanding is that God is undetectable and that this is the established view. If you therefore detect something it can't be God. If you, through physics, found that something which had created the universe then that thing, by definition, would not be God. It might be something else, something awesome, maybe a being of some variety but not God.

If God is undetectable then it would seem imprudent to have any beliefs about such a being.

One could of course decide to accept any belief but that belief would be unverifiable. So any belief about God is as likely to be as valid/invalid as any other belief.
So why pick one belief over another?