• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Christian Moms Group Condemns Hallmark Channel for Airing Lesbian Wedding Ad"

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
You’re repeating what you repeated when you were repeating what you repeated when you were repeating what you repeated. Of course this is after you repeated what you were repeating repeating yourself repeating what you repeated. Now, I really don’t want to repeat myself.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Please explain how my beliefs - those that I have actually presented - not those you and others have been falsely attributing to me - have caused you to suffer in any way.
Convertion therapy and Prop 8 come to mind.
Black or other dark-skinned men were given the priesthood.
Eventually, basically when it was no longer reasonable or flattering to continue to do so.
I completely disagree and argue that the Church has not changed.
Is that why there are so many different denominations with modern Catholicism having many differences between now and what was 2000 years ago?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
California and Indiana, especially the north central part I lived at, are not the same places. No, I am not talking about mean words and teasing.I'm talking about harassing, threats, vandalism, destruction of property and some assaults. Words do get old, but knowing someone who's car windows were just busted out makes things rather stressful. Getting followed several miles out of town is nerve wracking. Medical professionals giving total bs diagnoses so you can't get treatment is, as you can probably imagine, problematic and unethical. But, even when it's words, being told to leave is infuriating and, yes, upsetting no matter who you are that have done nothing and people hate you that much anyways.

JesusKnowsYou

Nope.
That's just plain wrong.
What?

Then how do you explain your comments in Post #365?

You were talking about "the damage done to victims of pedophilia" - are you now claiming that the "victims of pedophilia" were actually those who abused or raped children - and not the children themselves?

Because that is what @SkepticThinker was claiming you had said.

Otherwise - how was I wrong?

Or - are you just saying that I am wrong simply for the sake of telling me that I am wrong - without actually thinking about what you were saying?

So - either you are claiming that those who abuse and rape children are the "real victims" of pedophilia or you are just telling me I'm wrong based on nothing.

Either way - it's a gross way to live.
But you can never explain why you think a gay marriage causes any damage.
Yes I have. Multiple times. I have mentioned both secular and spiritual reasons for why I believe same-sex marriage is harmful.
You don't seem to have any interest in the parts of reality that contradict your high opinions of yourself.
Opinion of myself?

When did I ever offer up any opinion about myself?

Why are the people on this thread so irresponsible with what they say?
Oh well. You're not the first. Or the last.
First or last what?

You have yet to provide any example of me making any claims about myself.

JesusKnowsYou

It's time to play the Special Victim Olympics!
No - absolutely not.

I never claimed that I was a victim.

Getting made fun of - or picked on - does not make you a victim.

Victimhood is a state of mind - and I never plan on being one.
And, no, you probably didn't get made fun of more.[/
Growing up in Southern California - San Diego - I have never personally witnessed anyone being picked on or made fun of for being homosexual.

I have known many homosexuals throughout my life and some of them have claimed to have been picked on or harassed - but I have never witnessed it myself - and what they describe isn't much different than what I have received.

I am willing to accept that this may be an exception - but children have always and will always mock that which is different - whether your'e attracted to the same-sex or you refer to members of your Church as "Brother" or "Sister" (I super regretted telling kids at school about that - they called me "Brother" all year)

Either way - though - being made fun of doesn't make anyone a victim. You choose to be a victim.
Just thought to be gay was more of an accusation when I was a child. Gay bashing still went in where I used to live in Indiana.
Would you mind explaining what you me about "accusation" and "gay bashing"?

I watched "My Little Pony" growing up - and I collected the pony action figures - and when certain kids at school heard about this they called me "gay".

Is this what you mean by "accusation" or "gay bashing"? Being referred to as "gay"?
And, alot if people still kick their gay kids out of their home.
As a parent - even before I became a parent - I consider this unforgivable.

Any parent who kicks their kid out of their home - barring violence or some other behavior that endangers others - is a failure as a parent.

I often hear stories about girls who are kicked out of their homes if they become pregnant. I mean - isn't that when a daughter needs her parents most?

I hear a lot of these types of stories from those who convert to my Church. A lot of "Christian" parents disown children that become Latter-day Saints.

This is a bad parenting problem - not necessarily a homosexual one.
They get harassed. They get demands to change what they can't change.
What do you mean by "harassed"?

Even though I believe that we can change our nature - through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ - that repentance process is set by the penitent and the Lord.

No one can "demand" that someone repent of any particular sin. That is the personal journey that we all must decide to take - or never take.

I honestly believe that the weakness of same-sex attraction can be resisted and overcome - and even the sin of homosexuality be forgiven of - through the Atoning sacrifice of the Son of God.
The victimize and persecution complex of Christians never ceases to amaze me at how they continually lower the bear and standards of what persecution is.
I would say the exact same thing about homosexuals (in general) in the United States today.

JesusKnowsYou

We do not think this. However, your Jesus does follow the logic it is when he said when a man looks upon a woman with lust he has committed adultery in his heart. But, to those of us you advise of believing the same, we know there is a difference between the attraction and the action. The attraction we know people can't choose it control. But that doesn't apply to actions.
So - then what do you believe "consent", "respect", "sexual relationships" and "damage" have to do with - attraction or action?

Last edited:

JesusKnowsYou

You’re not going to get me to either tap out and agree with you or make an ad hominem or personal attack. You’re going on and on, trying to bait me. Not going to happen. I said what I had to say, you said what you had to say, which I think completely skirted the issue. You’re repeating yourself over and over.
You claimed that you never asked me to justify my beliefs - and that you would never ask anyone to do that - because you would consider it to be disrespectful.

Yet - when I proved - beyond the shadow of any doubt - that you had in fact asked me to justify my beliefs - proving (by your own words) that you were being disrespectful towards me - you claim that I somehow did something wrong?

I caught you out in a lie and you cannot admit it.

And @SkepticThinker and @columbus gave you a "Like" vote for being in denial.

Which also proves me right that you feel no need to be accountable for what you say because everyone in this Echo Chamber is going to defend you - no matter how irresponsible and horrible you are being.

You should check your homosexual privilege.

JesusKnowsYou

Pretty much this.
I don't use the <ignore> function.
But I don't necessarily read everybody's posts either. Sometimes it's just not worth the bother.
Tom
It makes no sense to decide not to read my comments - but then claim that I am not answering your questions.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
None of this is relevant to either what I or @columbus was saying.

He has repeatedly - and falsely - claimed that I said that there was something wrong with homosexuals and that me saying that causes them harm.

When in reality - I have always that we are all in the same boat - we are all sinners - there is nothing "wrong" with anyone and that we all need the same things in life.

Whether or not you believe in the Lord Jesus Christ is completely irrelevant.

Are you kidding?

I literally said at the start of my last post, "everything I say below is my opinion or belief" - and you're surprised by this?

Why do you think it's odd that I would discuss my own personal beliefs - in a thread that has been about my personal beliefs - in a response to someone who asked me about my personal beliefs - in a post that literally began with me saying "everything I say below is my opinion or belief"?

So - yeah - I'm going to continue to discuss my beliefs - and you can continue to discuss your own. We are equal in that regard -aren't we?

My beliefs can determine what your "marriage" can and cannot be - to me.

While we are on this subject - I find it a tad hypocritical of you - perhaps not of you personally - but of homosexuals in general.

They say things like, "Me getting married doesn't affect you!" or "You have no right to determine what my marriage can and cannot be!"

Yet - homosexuals often refer to my marriage as a "straight marriage" - which literally affects me and determines what my marriage is.

My marriage is a marriage. It needs to qualifier to describe what it is.

It is same-sex marriage that needs the qualifier - because it is "the one that doesn't look like the other".

Why are you speaking in third person?

Thank you for saying this. It's a second affirmation to the fact that you asked me to justify my beliefs.

Remember when you falsely claimed that you had never asked me to justify my beliefs?

You can look back at Post #716 for a recap on that fiasco.

To me - to believe that would be to believe a lie.

You are just as human as I am. You don't have some "sixth sense" of discovering truth just because you are homosexual.

According to my beliefs - you were either born with or developed the weakness of same-sex attraction and instead of resisting and overcoming it - you eventually succumbed and engaged in homosexual behavior.

You are not a victim for being homosexual.
They're both marriages though. That you put a qualifier on it is meaningless to the other married couples. Just as them putting a qualifier on your marriage is probably meaningless to you and your relationship with your partner of choice. Both relationships are still marriages. No qualifiers are required. Theirs doesn't diminish yours, or vice versa. You haven't demonstrated that others' marriages have any affect on yours; you've merely asserted it.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
What?

Then how do you explain your comments in Post #365?

You were talking about "the damage done to victims of pedophilia" - are you now claiming that the "victims of pedophilia" were actually those who abused or raped children - and not the children themselves?

Because that is what @SkepticThinker was claiming you had said.

Otherwise - how was I wrong?

Or - are you just saying that I am wrong simply for the sake of telling me that I am wrong - without actually thinking about what you were saying?

So - either you are claiming that those who abuse and rape children are the "real victims" of pedophilia or you are just telling me I'm wrong based on nothing.

Either way - it's a gross way to live.

Yes I have. Multiple times. I have mentioned both secular and spiritual reasons for why I believe same-sex marriage is harmful.

Opinion of myself?

When did I ever offer up any opinion about myself?

Why are the people on this thread so irresponsible with what they say?

First or last what?

You have yet to provide any example of me making any claims about myself.
Don't put words in my mouth.
Thanks.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
You claimed that you never asked me to justify my beliefs - and that you would never ask anyone to do that - because you would consider it to be disrespectful.

Yet - when I proved - beyond the shadow of any doubt - that you had in fact asked me to justify my beliefs - proving (by your own words) that you were being disrespectful towards me - you claim that I somehow did something wrong?

I caught you out in a lie and you cannot admit it.

And @SkepticThinker and @columbus gave you a "Like" vote for being in denial.

Which also proves me right that you feel no need to be accountable for what you say because everyone in this Echo Chamber is going to defend you - no matter how irresponsible and horrible you are being.

You should check your homosexual privilege.
Did you really just say that to someone? o_O

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I believe so. I don't know what homosexual privilege is, but I'd like to take advantage of it. It sounds useful. I'm still trying to work out the gay agenda and gay lifestyle. :shrug:
I"m still not quite sure what that is supposed to be either. I've never been able to get a straight answer from anyone on that.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
In a refreshing turn of events and change of pace, not to mention kicking the hornets' nest further, has anyone else noticed that most, if not all, of the recent EHarmony commercials feature same sex couples? In reality it's a subsidiary company called Compatible Partners. EHarmony launches service for same-sex couples

When EHarmony first burst onto the scene the cynic in me said they welcome everyone except people looking for a same sex partner. And I was right. The founder, Neil Clark Warren is a staunch Christian and had started the company with only heterosexual couples in mind. It seems he changed his mind for two reasons:

1. The NJ Attorney General brought a lawsuit against EHarmony (I think there was one in CA also). That'll do it. :D
2. Warren and his wife became friends with a gay male couple and learned we're really not so different than anyone else (imagine that!).

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
has anyone else noticed that most, if not all, of the recent EHarmony commercials feature same sex couples?
No, actually.
I haven't.

What do you suppose causes some algorithm to direct dating ads to you?
I get ads for gay cruises to Israel.
Tom

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
No, actually.
I haven't.

What do you suppose causes some algorithm to direct dating ads to you?
I get ads for gay cruises to Israel.
Tom

I don't know. I haven't even noticed what channel(s) they're on. I'll have to pay attention.