• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christian Leader Who Slapped Reporter’s Behind Issues Pathetic Non-Apology

Skwim

Veteran Member
'One source says Tommy Callaway has “stepped back” from his role at the church, which was in a voluntary capacity.

The marathon runner who slapped a reporter’s behind on live television — and was revealed as a youth leader in his church — has come out with one of the most half-assed not-pologies of 2019.

“I got caught up in the moment,” he told “Inside Edition.” “I was getting ready to bring my hands up and wave to the camera to the audience, there was a misjudge in character and decision-making.”

“I touched her back; I did not know exactly where I touched her.”

A clip of the on-air assault shared by the reporter on Twitter soon went viral — and Callaway was identified and banned from future races.

“I totally agree 100 % with her statement and the two most important words were her last two words, ‘do better.’ And that’s my intention,” he said. "I did not see her facial reaction as I just kept on running. If I did see her facial reaction, I would have felt embarrassed and ashamed and stopped and turned around to apologize to her."

source
So he meant to touch her back, which wouldn’t have been okay either. But he didn’t mean to do that. And actually he wanted to wave to the camera. Even though he wasn’t looking at the camera. And instead of waving, he slapped the reporter’s butt.'
source

Take a look at the clip again and you tell me he wasn't aiming at her butt and I'll call you blind.

So not only is he an abuser but now adds lying to his sins. Nice role model for the kids Tom. :rolleyes:

epronovost

I guess that's the kind of guy who, driving drunk of his *** would hit someone on the sidewalk and than say to the judge: "It's not my fault your honor she jumped in front of the car!"

I find the non-apology almost as insulting as the gropping. That's the sort of behavior that makes me say it's not the first time he gropped a women and probably not the last he will if he thinks he can get away with it. People who make excuse for themselves aren't sorry.

Last edited:

BSM1

What? Me worry?
What would be better is if he said, "God, I am such a stupid idiot. I don't know what came over me. I will never do something like that again. I am terribly sorry for that poor decision on my part." Now that's a real apology. Be a man, not a weiner.

"...but, my gosh, the buns on that girl!..." (Apologies in advance, but I have reached the age where I'm allowed some latitude.)

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
What would be better is if he said, "God, I am such a stupid idiot. I don't know what came over me. I will never do something like that again. I am terribly sorry for that poor decision on my part." Now that's a real apology. Be a man, not a weiner.
It takes a real man or woman to sincerely admit to something like that or any other boneheaded dumb act.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Save for going to Church or going to a place of employment, this sexual herasser should be placed under house arrest where he'd be forced to keep his hands to himself. Also, this sexual herasser should have to pay for any post traumatic stress therapy his victim requires. Before sexual assault offenders escalate their misbehavior to committing rape, the Justice System needs to rehabilitate sexual offenders.

0fgjhs4il0onagari.86a5e973.jpg

Last edited: