• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fionn

I'm interested in Jainism and Buddhism, but I kind of believe in the trinity, in a "Christian polytheism" sort of way, but that's the only part of Christianity I'm interested in aside from the moral teachings.
I guess my question is are these religions at all compatible, and is it wrong to just take the bits and pieces that make the most sense to me and run with it? I don't want to disrespect Jains or Buddhists, (not really worried about Christians because they're offended by everything anyway). I'm just really confused I guess, about wether or not there's rules to syncretism and what they might be. I had more questions than I thought, lol sorry.

Last edited:

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
Are you sure you want to post this in the Syncretic dir? Buddhists and Christians aren't allowed to answer your questions in the Syncretic Dir. The dir areas are hands off unless its your religious area. For example you may only be a member of one or two Dir areas. You're obviously Syncretic, but do you want answers from Buddhists and Christians? Then you need to post your question in Religious Q&A or possibly Religious Debates.

regards,
brick

Fionn

Are you sure you want to post this in the Syncretic dir? Buddhists and Christians aren't allowed to answer your questions in the Syncretic Dir. The dir areas are hands off unless its your religious area. For example you may only be a member of one or two Dir areas. You're obviously Syncretic, but do you want answers from Buddhists and Christians? Then you need to post your question in Religious Q&A or possibly Religious Debates.

regards,
brick
I forgot that was a rule, okay thank you.