• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christian: Is The Perpetual Virginity of Mary a true Christan Doctrine

A

angellous_evangellous

"For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet." But not thereafter? :D

That's ironic.

The perpetual virginity of Mary depends on the Greek syntax of "until." That is, "until" in Greek does not mean that the previous action stopped (see post 11 on this thread).

Smoke

Done here.
That's ironic.

The perpetual virginity of Mary depends on the Greek syntax of "until." That is, "until" in Greek does not mean that the previous action stopped (see post 11 on this thread).
That was my point, and I meant to imply as well that the early Fathers of the Church not only read the scriptures as attentively as anybody today, but also had a better command of the Greek language than most of their detractors. ;)

*Paul*

Jesus loves you
"For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet." But not thereafter? :D
That till signifies the end of His earthly reign because "then cometh the end" v24 having conquered all enemies (death and hell thrown into the lake of fire rev20:14) it is the end of Jesus' earthly 1000 year rule. The comes the New heavens and the new earth:

Revelation 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

*Paul*

Jesus loves you
Actually, Greek word eos does have a different sense of "until." Here's my favorite example. The Greek word for "until" used here was also used by Jesus when He says, "Behold I am with you until the End of the Age." There is a change in condition there, but He will still be with His people. It didn't change.
There is an end of the type of presence, until the end of the age Jesus is with us by His Spirit and in our hearts, after the end of the age we "shall ever be with the lord". So until does signify the end of a present situation.