• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christian: Is the Bible inerrantly true?

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
People tell me after I disprove the bible's infallibility to them, "Can't you still use the bible if it has flaws? Don't you use a book that isn't infallible?"
The Bible was never meant to be infallible and it has never claimed to be such. All you are proving is that white is white. I am underwhelmed.
Yes, and yes, BUT it just means that you don't have to now.
Of course you don't. God's real commandment is written on your heart. Do you even listen to that?
You see, God can use the bible, but, I will not stand for someone stating that it is a, "Blog of man searching for God", and that God uses everything to bring people to love eachother!
Get used to it. I'm not changing on account of your inability to "stand" the truth.
Why treat the bible differently from any other holy books???!!!
The Bible is not a holy book. It's a blog. Christianity is a REVEALED faith. You don't need a Bible to become a Christian. It's great to read how the first century church did things, but the only thing that is needed is LOVE. It's a shame that you just don't get that.

uu_sage

While the Bible is inspired of God, it is a book written by humans, in the language of humans describing humanity's evolving relationship with God and how they have wrestled with the big questions.

The Bible was never meant to be infallible and it has never claimed to be such. All you are proving is that white is white. I am underwhelmed. Of course you don't. God's real commandment is written on your heart. Do you even listen to that? Get used to it. I'm not changing on account of your inability to "stand" the truth. The Bible is not a holy book. It's a blog. Christianity is a REVEALED faith. You don't need a Bible to become a Christian. It's great to read how the first century church did things, but the only thing that is needed is LOVE. It's a shame that you just don't get that.
I get it and i agree, but there is no proof that God wants to use the Bible! This
CAN NOT BE CALLED TRUTH!!!!!!!

A

angellous_evangellous

***MOD ADVISORY***

Please note that this is a Christian "same faith debate"