• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christian illusion

Jeremiah Ames

“All the illusions that are prevalent among evil people and simple people come from appearances that have been taken as facts. As long as appearances remain appearances, they are virtual truths, and it is all right for anyone to think and talk in terms of them. However, when they are taken to be actual truths, which happens when they are defended as facts, then the virtual truths become falsities and fallacies.” Divine Love and Wisdom #108, by Emanuel Swedenborg.

I will attempt to illustrate:

The last 40 years or so we have witnessed the marriage of the Republican party to the Christian right wingers. This relationship grew because the party really has NO interest in people, since Reagan made it a party for corporations. Yet, they need votes to survive. They found willing voters in the right wing Christians, mainly the evangelicals. They promised to make evil laws against any group of people these Christians asked for, as long as they got the votes. It’s been working well so far, but thinking people are beginning to see the rot in this evil marriage.

So, relative to the quote above, simply choose any topic that unites these two evil entities. Gays, immigration, government handouts to corporate America while depriving citizens of basic needs (healthcare comes to mind), etc. It seems to me that the understanding of certain Christians regarding these topics is ‘an illusion’. How does this happen? They read something in the Bible, or much more likely they hear about it from some self-appointed religious authority. What they hear or read, is an appearance only, since the entire word of God is never consulted when they desire to remain in their illusion. As long as this appearance remains an appearance, it is a virtual truth. The person may believe it to be truth, and although it actually isn’t, no harm is done. But when the zealots believe in their illusions, and attempt to defend them as facts, then their virtual truths become falsities. They defend their falsities by electing insane people to office who will spread their insane ideas throughout society. This is the point when they enter hell and bring everyone around them into hell. Witness 21st century United States.

The real ‘love’ of these people, (the religious zealots as well as the elected officials) is the control of other people. A second ‘love’ of the elected officials is the desire for wealth. All of this is nothing but evil upon evil in the name of a God they are far far removed from.

Any thoughts? Please, NO Bible verses. That’s not the point here

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
So, relative to the quote above, simply choose any topic that unites these two evil entities. Gays, immigration, government handouts to corporate America while depriving citizens of basic needs (healthcare comes to mind), etc

I think your premise is wrong.

Tiberius

I agree. The GOP is playing people's ideals in order to get them votes. I don't see that it's sustainable indefinitely. And I don't think the GOP actually knows what the ideals are, they just give the ideals lip service.

Shadow Link

I did a comparison from the seven deadly sins once to illustrate how left and right politics align themselves in teams to oppose one another based from the evil accusations or name calling spouted from both sides.

Right accuses the Left of: Lust, Envy, and Slothfulness

Left accuses the Right of: Pride, Gluttony, and Greed

"Wrath" is like the ping pong ball neither side wants to lose with but is all over the damn place.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Conservative Christianity made a bargain with the Devil in exchange for extreme right conservative judges for the Supreme Court. They got what they wanted and will forsake all moral and ethical standards to go to the wall for tRump in hopes to get more favorable judges.

They also got Pence for VP and virtually all the Cabinet appointments. The fundamentalist Christians Cabinet members and reject evolution, and Pence does not even hedge on his beliefs:

From: VP-Elect Mike Pence Does Not Accept Evolution: Here's Why That Matters

"In a 2002, Mike Pence delivered a speech in the House of Representatives, a passionate repudiation of evolution aimed at continuing the common rhetorical device of evolution deniers: that evolution is just a theory and should be presented as such.

Pence begins by discussing Charles Darwin talking about how he “offered a theory of the origin of species which we’ve come to know as evolution. Charles Darwin never thought of evolution as anything other than a theory. He hoped that someday it would be proven by the fossil record but did not live to see that, nor have we.” I have previously written about Darwin never seeing the fossils that would later support his theory, so I and most other paleontologists completely disagree that support for Darwin’s idea has never been found.

He goes on to bemoan the Scopes Monkey Trial saying we have “seen the consequences” in the following years, lamenting the fact the biblical story of creation is not taught in every biology class around the country alongside Darwin. It is unclear if Pence is either willfully or unknowingly misrepresenting the scientific definition of the word “theory”. In scientific terms, a theory is the highest designation of knowledge and represents something that has been rigorously tested using the scientific method. 98% of scientists surveyed believe humans evolved over time, so among experts, this is not a debate anyone is having."

Last edited:

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
“All the illusions that are prevalent among evil people and simple people come from appearances that have been taken as facts. As long as appearances remain appearances, they are virtual truths, and it is all right for anyone to think and talk in terms of them. However, when they are taken to be actual truths, which happens when they are defended as facts, then the virtual truths become falsities and fallacies.” Divine Love and Wisdom #108, by Emanuel Swedenborg.

I will attempt to illustrate:

The last 40 years or so we have witnessed the marriage of the Republican party to the Christian right wingers. This relationship grew because the party really has NO interest in people, since Reagan made it a party for corporations. Yet, they need votes to survive. They found willing voters in the right wing Christians, mainly the evangelicals. They promised to make evil laws against any group of people these Christians asked for, as long as they got the votes. It’s been working well so far, but thinking people are beginning to see the rot in this evil marriage.

So, relative to the quote above, simply choose any topic that unites these two evil entities. Gays, immigration, government handouts to corporate America while depriving citizens of basic needs (healthcare comes to mind), etc. It seems to me that the understanding of certain Christians regarding these topics is ‘an illusion’. How does this happen? They read something in the Bible, or much more likely they hear about it from some self-appointed religious authority. What they hear or read, is an appearance only, since the entire word of God is never consulted when they desire to remain in their illusion. As long as this appearance remains an appearance, it is a virtual truth. The person may believe it to be truth, and although it actually isn’t, no harm is done. But when the zealots believe in their illusions, and attempt to defend them as facts, then their virtual truths become falsities. They defend their falsities by electing insane people to office who will spread their insane ideas throughout society. This is the point when they enter hell and bring everyone around them into hell. Witness 21st century United States.

The real ‘love’ of these people, (the religious zealots as well as the elected officials) is the control of other people. A second ‘love’ of the elected officials is the desire for wealth. All of this is nothing but evil upon evil in the name of a God they are far far removed from.

Any thoughts? Please, NO Bible verses. That’s not the point here

Less government means less control of people's lives and more freedom for citizens to pursue their goals and dreams. If there were a filibuster-proof majority of GOP senators along with President Donald J. Trump's executive leadership, we'd have a smaller federal government that'd be at a spending level below 20 percent of the Gross Domestic Product.

President Donald J. Trump has made personal financial sacrifices in order to serve in public office. He's foregone his Presidential salary, and his absence from managing his businesses have cost him millions upon millions of dollars since he's been elected POTUS.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
President Donald J. Trump has made personal financial sacrifices in order to serve in public office. He's foregone his Presidential salary, and his absence from managing his businesses have cost him millions upon millions of dollars since he's been elected POTUS.
Are we supposed to feel sorry for him and pat him on the back? You take the job, you take what comes with it.
Less government means less control of people's lives and more freedom for citizens to pursue their goals and dreams.
Except they don't want less government. Instead of stream lining laws so that all are equal under the law, they want to allow Christians special privileges and rights not bestowed to others. They'll bail out "too big to fail" banks, but turn a cold shoulder to the struggling masses and take every last cent from them they can.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Less government means less control of people's lives and more freedom for citizens to pursue their goals and dreams. If there were a filibuster-proof majority of GOP senators along with President Donald J. Trump's executive leadership, we'd have a smaller federal government that'd be at a spending level below 20 percent of the Gross Domestic Product.

Take off the billionaire rose colored glasses, and Mad hatters Tea Party fundamentalist Cabinet, and right wing Congress, which had the majority when elected, and come down to the reality of the corrupt tRump administration in office for the billionaires and fundi Christians.

Jeremiah Ames

Conservative Christianity made a bargain with the Devil in exchange for extreme right conservative judges for the Supreme Court. They got what they wanted and will forsake all moral and ethical standards to go to the wall for tRump in hopes to get more favorable judges.

They also got Pence for VP and virtually all the Cabinet appointments. The fundamentalist Christians Cabinet members and reject evolution, and Pence does not even hedge on his beliefs:

From: VP-Elect Mike Pence Does Not Accept Evolution: Here's Why That Matters

"In a 2002, Mike Pence delivered a speech in the House of Representatives, a passionate repudiation of evolution aimed at continuing the common rhetorical device of evolution deniers: that evolution is just a theory and should be presented as such.

Pence begins by discussing Charles Darwin talking about how he “offered a theory of the origin of species which we’ve come to know as evolution. Charles Darwin never thought of evolution as anything other than a theory. He hoped that someday it would be proven by the fossil record but did not live to see that, nor have we.” I have previously written about Darwin never seeing the fossils that would later support his theory, so I and most other paleontologists completely disagree that support for Darwin’s idea has never been found.

He goes on to bemoan the Scopes Monkey Trial saying we have “seen the consequences” in the following years, lamenting the fact the biblical story of creation is not taught in every biology class around the country alongside Darwin. It is unclear if Pence is either willfully or unknowingly misrepresenting the scientific definition of the word “theory”. In scientific terms, a theory is the highest designation of knowledge and represents something that has been rigorously tested using the scientific method. 98% of scientists surveyed believe humans evolved over time, so among experts, this is not a debate anyone is having."

imo, Pence is one of the most dangerous people ever to obtain high office in the US. Far more dangerous than Trump.

I hear people say they wish trump would get removed from office.
I say please no.

Kenny

Premium Member
Well, at least you didn’t whip out a Bible verse.

Thanks for your informative comment.
LOL...

Here is the informative :)

1. I'm a pastor and there are Christians in our church that are Democrat
  2. I'm an indépendant and the only reason I am registered Republican is to influence the system.
  3. Painting a broad brush that Republicans have NO interest in people is erroneous because:
    1. People are people. You have those who have no interest as well as those who do
    2. It makes it sound like that Democrats and Independents are all virtuous people and have no interest in corporations.
  4. It assumes that Democrats don't need votes to survive and don't cater to corporations and organizations to get their vote
  5. It assumes that ALL laws desired by Christians are "evil". Not sure even which laws have been postulated that are evil.
  6. It assumes, erroneously, that we are "MARRIED" to the Republican party which, if they are an evangelical, most of the times would be false. We are married to a Kingdom where Jesus is King.
  7. It forgets that a majority of Evangelicals want to get the "rot" out of politics
  8. It makes it sound like Evangelicals should just vote for those people that you think should be in office :)
I could go on and on...

Is this your personal statement? Or are you repeating an 'evil' media promoted agenda? :D

Last edited:

Kenny

Premium Member
Take off the billionaire rose colored glasses, and Mad hatters Tea Party fundamentalist Cabinet, and right wing Congress, which had the majority when elected, and come down to the reality of the corrupt tRump administration in office for the billionaires and fundi Christians.

Fake news.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Are we supposed to feel sorry for him and pat him on the back? You take the job, you take what comes with it.

Except they don't want less government. Instead of stream lining laws so that all are equal under the law, they want to allow Christians special privileges and rights not bestowed to others. They'll bail out "too big to fail" banks, but turn a cold shoulder to the struggling masses and take every last cent from them they can.

I don't feel sorry for Donald J. Trump, however, I'm a bit jealous of him. The reason I envy Donald Trump is because he has three handsomely charming sons as well as a very beautiful daughter. Also, his net worth is also nearly a thousand times more than my net worth.

Despite my envy towards him, I was one of the earliest supporters of Donald J. Trump for President. I agreed with his campaign promises, most of which he has kept or is trying to keep: i.e. - globally competitive corporate tax rate that attract business investment in American rather than elsewhere, deregulation of business that spurs economic growth, trade deals that are fair to America i.e.- replacement of NAFTA with USMCA trade deal, repeal of Obamacare tax mandate, tough stance against illegal alien criminality, prison reform, withdrawal of American troops from god forsaken crap holes, appointment of conservative judges, and reduction of poverty - that's right, poverty has been reduced since Trump took office.

According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the poverty rate declined after Trump took office; the poverty rate declined to 12.3 percent at the end of 2017, down from 12.7 percent in 2016.

U.S. poverty rate by year 1990-2017 | Statista

Poverty Rate Drops for Third Consecutive Year in 2017

The commoner working folk have greatly benefited from Trump's economic policies and leadership as well as us privileged class Americans....Hurray!

Last edited:

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
LOL...

Here is the informative :)

1. I'm a pastor and there are Christians in our church that are Democrat
  2. I'm an indépendant and the only reason I am registered Republican is to influence the system.
  3. Painting a broad brush that Republicans have NO interest in people is erroneous because:
    1. People are people. You have those who have no interest as well as those who do
    2. It makes it sound like that Democrats and Independents are all virtuous people and have no interest in corporations.
  4. It assumes that Democrats don't need votes to survive and don't cater to corporations and organizations to get their vote
  5. It assumes that ALL laws desired by Christians are "evil". Not sure even which laws have been postulated that are evil.
  6. It assumes, erroneously, that we are "MARRIED" to the Republican party which, if they are an evangelical, most of the times would be false. We are married to a Kingdom where Jesus is King.
  7. It forgets that a majority of Evangelicals want to get the "rot" out of politics
  8. It makes it sound like Evangelicals should just vote for those people that you think should be in office :)
I could go on and on...

Is this your personal statement? Or are you repeating an 'evil' media promoted agenda? :D

Ignoring the real problem of the bed friends of tRump and fundamentalist Christians, for the agenda of Supreme Court nominations, and the justification of compromising all more and ethical standards to justify an agenda.. This is not a generalization of all Christians, but it is a severe problem for our country.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Fake news.

Typical tRump response to ignore the reality of the Emperor tRump wearing no cloths.

The very low income like me did well in tRumps Tax bill, but the middle class got cooked this year, and of course, the billionaires made out with millions.

Last edited:

Kenny

Premium Member
Ignoring the real problem of the bed friends of tRump and fundamentalist Christians, for the agenda of Supreme Court nominations, and the justification of compromising all more and ethical standards to justify an agenda.. This is not a generalization of all Christians, but it is a severe problem for our country.
In other words, the people you support you are in bed with? And the only issues that you agree with are correct? And it is the fundamentalist Christians that are creating all the problems?

I think we have a problem, Houston!

Kenny

Premium Member
Typical tRump response to ignore the reality of the Emperor tRump wearing no cloths.

The very low income like me did well in tRumps Tax bill, but the middle class got cooked this year, and of course, the billionaires made out with millions.
Riiiight... as a middle class person, it sure hasn't cooked me. Are you listening to fake news?

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Depends on who is crunching the numbers... like I said, I am middle class and the IRS vs me don't mesh.

Well the problem is for those that itemize their deductions. The new law had significant changes here. The way the new law works is the more money one makes beyond the middle class and large corporate companies the less proportional taxes you pay. I am low income, therefore the increase in the standard deduction helped me.