• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christian: How Does Your Church Make Decisions?

Bishka

Veteran Member
Baerly said:
discipline like the bible says. Nowhere in the bible does it say to overlook sin.

Baerly darling, did we ever mention not to overlook sin? Or do you not wish to quote who you are referring to in your post?

Snowbear

Nita Okhata
Baerly said:
I know churches today do not teach church discipline but it can be found in the bible. It will be practiced if we love our brethren. You can find this subject in the following verses: (Matt.18:15-17) (Rom 16: 17,18) (1Cor.5) (2Thess.3:6,14.15)
(Titus 1:10,11). This is a subject I know well. If you want to learn more about this subject go to the preachersfiles.com and look up Church Discipline. You can also contact me and I will be more than glad to speak with you about this subject. in love Baerly
So Baerly .... besides the smoker in Anade's post, are heathens, tax collectors and sinners not allowed in your church either? Must be a pretty empty place then, since not one of us is so perfect as to not sin...
Matthew 18:15 But if your brother shall trespass against you, go and tell him his fault between you and him alone. If he hears you, you have gained your brother.
16 But if he will not hear you, take one or two more with you, so that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.
17 And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it to the church. But if he neglects to hear the church, let him be to you as a heathen and a tax-collector.