• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christian: Homosexuality and Gay Marriage

pearl

a person freely chooses to drink, just as a person freely chooses to be a homosexual-- if you argue that a person has a propensity towards alcoholism, that just means that that person all the more needs Jesus Christ to get him through his sinful flesh and constantly rely on the holy spirit to help him refuse his desires.

Assuming that you are a heterosexual, do you remember when, the year, at what age, you CHOSE to be heterosexual?

I was looking for an answer to this question many years ago ..... I am hetrosexual btw.
I found some references to the original intepretation of Pauls "Should a man lay with another man, its an abomination to God" and it speaks using the terms Pneuma etc.
The interpretation thus does not speak of men laying with men but instead speaks on a much more mystical level of being "inserted / breathed into the light".

Thus the verse when re interpreted loosely reads ..... "Should a man speak of God without being inserted into the Light, its an abomination" (And of course how can a man speak of God if he has no experience of God ?...... Of course it will be an abomination .... You cant guess what God is .... )

This makes perfect sense to me .... After all how can you speak of God if you have not Experienced / Seen God...... and the insertion into Light is part of that Process.

Of course that couldnt be accepted by the priests etc ... it would make them all unemployed ..................

pearl

I was looking for an answer to this question many years ago ..... I am hetrosexual btw.
I found some references to the original intepretation of Pauls "Should a man lay with another man, its an abomination to God" and it speaks using the terms Pneuma etc.
The interpretation thus does not speak of men laying with men but instead speaks on a much more mystical level of being "inserted / breathed into the light".

Thus the verse when re interpreted loosely reads ..... "Should a man speak of God without being inserted into the Light, its an abomination" (And of course how can a man speak of God if he has no experience of God ?...... Of course it will be an abomination .... You cant guess what God is .... )

This makes perfect sense to me .... After all how can you speak of God if you have not Experienced / Seen God...... and the insertion into Light is part of that Process.

Of course that couldnt be accepted by the priests etc ... it would make them all unemployed ..................

I think the thing to keep in mind when reading especially Paul, that he condemns the homosexual act itself, as one of perversion, as he has no knowledge of sexual orientation. These are 'acts' of perversion in the worship to fertility gods, the sin of idolatry.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
This was suggested in another thread for just Christians to debate these issues as they relate to Christian teachings.
Christian-only involvement in this thread will be strictly inforced. Any posts by non-Christians will be deleted and warnings possibly issued.

I am a Christian and I think that there's nothing wrong with gay marriage.
Homosexual love is Love. It is never a sin

pearl

{Pcarl, I will have to disagree. Homosexuality was a part of the Greek culture so the Biblical authors did have knowledge of it.}

This is true, the homosexual ACTS were understood as an act of perversion. There was no knowledge of any sexual orientation.