• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christian Homosexual Referendum

If a referendum were held today would you vote against homosexual marriage?

• Yes, I would vote against homosexual marriage because it is a sin.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • No, I would not vote against homosexual marriage even though it's a sin,it's an individuals choice.

Votes: 6 85.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LittleNipper

pah said:
:biglaugh: Hardly!! I hate to think you define the totality of any relationship by the choice of a male sexual contribution. That little piece of misapplied biblical phrasing would justifiy male homosexual marriage in all of it's holiness. :biglaugh:
There are so many non-biological fathers in a "blessed union" that your supposition only leads me to think your zealousness for biblical preaching has overcome your reasoning.
:tsk:

Bob
And your remedy to the mistakes, sins, errors, and disappointments of society is to give credit to more promiscuous perversion? I believe in the ideal and homosexuality has no foundation in the ideal. A close loving friendship with members of the same sex is chaste and rewarding. Homosexuality is the very antithesis of friendship. It demands control, manipulation, and dominance. I believe self-assertion has overpowered your sense of right and wrong.:tsk:

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
Little Nipper -
I'm not trying to be argumentative here, but why would any type of sexuality (homo or hetero) demand control, manipulation, and dominance?

Thanks,
TVOR

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
There is one point I can't see has been raised. If homosexuals are in a good relatioship and on dies, then the other has no 'Spouse's' rights in law.

I think that is so wrong.

LittleNipper

michel said:
There is one point I can't see has been raised. If homosexuals are in a good relatioship and on dies, then the other has no 'Spouse's' rights in law.

I think that is so wrong.
There is a thing called a Last Will and Testament. You can leave whatever you have to whomever you want, and you can include what type of funeral you require, etc....

LittleNipper

The Voice of Reason said:
Little Nipper -
I'm not trying to be argumentative here, but why would any type of sexuality (homo or hetero) demand control, manipulation, and dominance?

Thanks,
TVOR
The act of homosexual lust requires one to be on the receiving end and one be on the giving end. These roles can be switched but the fact is that anal and oral sex are both extreme forms of sexual dominance. GOD can not be at the center of such a relationship. It is a total perversion of GOD's Creation established formula.
Without sex you only have a platonic friendship------there is no law or Biblical prohibition against such.
In a heterosexual relationship, a GOD centered Marriage is the key to a good relationship. However the woman is submissive to her husband and her husband is to be submissive to GOD. There is a chain of command. GOD is responsive to the needs of the man and the husband is to be responsive to the needs of his wife. The children are to be submissive to both through devotion to GOD who is to be at the very center of the family relationship.

LittleNipper

DrM said:
I always think it's interesting that Christians condem homosexuals (because of the writings in the bible) but have no problem whatsoever using them, in many instances, as choir directors and organists. :biglaugh:
Actually, any church which would allow individuals to live in open sin and not expell that member is in grevious error. GOD will meet the needs of HIS Church. HE does not need double standards to further HIS work. In fact, the results of such is most usually the loss of godly love and sacrifice which transforms churches into social clubs out of touch with their former spirituality. Unitarian, Congregational churches are prime examples. They serve no godly purpose. They are ritualistic and devoid of the Holy Spirit.

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
LittleNipper said:
The act of homosexual lust requires one to be on the receiving end and one be on the giving end. These roles can be switched but the fact is that anal and oral sex are both extreme forms of sexual dominance.
I'll be certain to spread the word to all of the heterosexual couples that are participating in oral and anal sex. We must stop this scourge of pleasure that is ruining our nation. God will not convey our Manifest Destiny (as promised) if we continue to mock him with our sensual pleasures. I've got my best man on the job right now.

LittleNipper said:
Without sex you only have a platonic friendship------there is no law or Biblical prohibition against such.
Exactly! Platonic friendships are the order of the day. I can't imagine living in those scurrilous, hedonistic countries that allow people to choose a lifestyle without our approval. Godless. Just Godless.

LittleNipper said:
In a heterosexual relationship, a GOD centered Marriage is the key to a good relationship. However the woman is submissive to her husband and her husband is to be submissive to GOD.
Yes - this is exactly how my marriage works. My wife knows her place, and I only slap her around in the name of God (and ONLY when she needs it) - all for her own good, of course. I pity those that do not share our views of what a solid marriage can be - based on love and a firm knowledge that the woman is subservient to the man.

Serving God in a Righteous Marriage,
TVOR

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
LittleNipper said:
Actually, any church which would allow individuals to live in open sin and not expell that member is in grevious error. GOD will meet the needs of HIS Church. HE does not need double standards to further HIS work. In fact, the results of such is most usually the loss of godly love and sacrifice which transforms churches into social clubs out of touch with their former spirituality. Unitarian, Congregational churches are prime examples. They serve no godly purpose. They are ritualistic and devoid of the Holy Spirit.
Amen!! Nothing I despise more (in God's name, of course) than people that worship God with no godly purpose. Ritualistic? Absolutely! Devoid of the Holy Spirit? You bet!! It would be more accurate to rename it the Universal Unitarian Country Club - since they don't hold the same views of God that we do!! I wouldn't be surprised to learn that they have moneychangers and dove sellers doing regular business in their temple. Heathens. Absolute Heathens.

TVOR

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
LittleNipper said:
Homosexuality is the very antithesis of friendship. It demands control, manipulation, and dominance.
Funny, I thought Liz and I were still friends as well as lovers. I'll be sure to inform her that she's actually a controlling, manipulative, dominating girlfriend that obviously wants nothing but sex from me. :rolleyes:

The act of homosexual lust requires one to be on the receiving end and one be on the giving end. These roles can be switched but the fact is that anal and oral sex are both extreme forms of sexual dominance.
Funny, I thought heterosexual lust required one to be on the giving and recieving end as well.. But I'm sure that's totally different and absolutely perfect in God's eyes.

And why do you assume all gay couples enjoy anal sex? :sarcastic

GOD can not be at the center of such a relationship. It is a total perversion of GOD's Creation established formula.
You mean the deity I don't believe in won't be at the center of our relationship?! :eek: I'd better convert to heterosexuality right away!

I'm starting to let my anger get the better of me, so I'll leave this be for now.

I'll make sure to show it to my girlfriend so that we can both get a good laugh out of this, though. ;)

Pah

Uber all member
Jensa said:
I'll make sure to show it to my girlfriend so that we can both get a good laugh out of this, though.
You might ask her if she thinks you "are actually a controlling, manipulative, dominating girlfriend" If she laughs then - everything is okay.

Bob

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
Jensa said:
Funny, I thought Liz and I were still friends as well as lovers.
No, no, no. Silly Jensa. Don't you see - you and Liz are deceiving yourselves into thinking that you are happy. You are not doing God's will, and He shall smite you down like the scurvy dogs that you are. You are actually miserable, and you just don't know it. See, God designed the Universe, and He didn't design homosexuals - you and Liz are doing something that God did not design, and you should be ashamed. God (in all his infinite mercy) will cast you into a fiery lake and damn you for all eternity - because He loves you.

TVOR

PS - for anyone that didn't get it - that was RAW sarcasm.