• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christian God

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Do you know where the Christian name came from?
The Christian came from Christ Jesus
Christ = Christ-ian
So actually God is a Christian seeing Jesus Christ is God.
And the name Christ is abbreviated for Christian,. Christ = Christian
Christian = Christ
Christ follower - Christian

christ comes from christen, or to annoint; which is what messiah from daniel means.

Christ (n.)

"the Anointed," synonymous with and translating to Greek Hebrew mashiah (see messiah), a title given to Jesus of Nazareth; Old English crist (by 830, perhaps 675), from Latin Christus, from Greek khristos "the anointed," noun use of verbal adjective of khriein "to rub, anoint" (from PIE root *ghrei- "to rub").

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
And Christian comes from Christ
Christ = Christ-ian
doesn't make someone annointed simply because they take a name and didn't earn it. it's a title. like someone calling themselves doc, short for doctor, doesn't make you a bona fide doctor.

are fundamentalist christians trying to create god in their image of christian?

was god christian in the beginning? will god be christian; when their are no christians, as before?

According to the Bible, Christian means disciple of Jesus. I don’t think God is a disciple of Jesus (=Christian). Disciples of Jesus keep Bible God as their God. And He is the creator of this world and people. He was before Christians came, so Christians have not created Him.

Neutral Name

was god christian in the beginning? will god be christian; when their are no christians, as before?

I was an atheist, then an agnostic, then a Christian. Now I'm spiritual but not religious. I don't believe in mans' religions but I am a very devout believer in God. God was before Christianity and before Judaism. God has been everywhere around the world as long as people have existed. Christians claim God. So do Jews, Muslims and others. God is the God of all mankind no matter the beliefs.

leov

And Christ means Messiah, which means anointed one, or in other words, King of Jews. Therefore, Osiris is not Christ.
Christ is very ancient institution, the first shaman was a christ to his people who would enter spirit world to intercede for his people and also serve a guide into afterworld.

Technically they copied and then added some to the Jewish god Yaweh.

Something can't be if it never exist before. Unless were talking about a concept then that is a different subject.

Christ is very ancient institution, the first shaman was a christ to his people who would enter spirit world to intercede for his people and also serve a guide into afterworld.

And to what is that argument based? If it would be true, then “Christ” has two meanings.

Marco Mara

"Do What Thou Wilt"

Seeing how every culture has developed a god to support there image... I'm gonna go on a limb and say yeah. Christians did the same thing everyone else did.

Unguru

I am a Sikh nice to meet you

I think most Christians are really Atheists who need a political ideology, so they claim to practice the cult of so-called "Christianity".

Muffled

Jesus in me

I believe there is only one God so there is no such thing as a God specifically for Christians.

I believe the tendency to see God as oneself exists among all people who have a deity.

I believe for God all of time is the same so the answer is yes. I believe the answer is the same, yes.

Muffled

Jesus in me
"By this the love of God was revealed in our case, that God sent his only-begotten Son into the world so that we might gain life through him. The love is in this respect, not that we have loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a propitiatory sacrifice for our sins." -1 John 4:9, 10

Accordingly, if Jehovah God dispatched Christ how can Jehovah God have actually been made in the image of Christ?

I believe you are in error. God is not made.

Muffled

Jesus in me
there were those who believed jesus and didn't call themselves christian. it was the church at antioch that created a name for themselves.

to believe doesn't require the practice of idolatry

I believe the Jews referred to Jewish Christians as those of the Nazarene sect.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I believe the Jews referred to Jewish Christians as those of the Nazarene sect.

the naassene are the nazarenes.

John 3:14
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

hypolytus gave us their doctrine after trying to destroy it and in so doing that, he helped to preserve it.

praise love to hypolytus in his hatred for us

Naassenes - Wikipedia

The Naasseni.

The Naasseni went even further, and the retention of the Hebrew name shows that their belief represents the oldest stage of the heresy. "Whoever says that the All proceeded from the One, errs; but whoever says, from Three, speaks truth and can explain the All. The first of these three is the blessed nature of the sainted higher man, Adamas [strangely explained as "diamond"]; the second is the death below; the third is the unruled race that had its origin above, and to which belong Mariam, 'the sought one' (ἡ ζητσυμένη), Jothar (Jethro), the great sage, Sepphora, the seeing one, and Moses." The three words "Kavlakav," "Savlasav," and "Zeer Sham" (taken from Isa. xxviii. 10), they declare, indicate Adamas above, death below, and the Jordan flowing upward (Hippolytus, "Philosophumena," v. 8), and present the threefold division of the realm of blessedness or immortality which forms a part of all Gnostic heresies—the world of spirits, the corporeal world, and redemption. The "Naas" is the primal being and the source of all beauty (ib.v. 9)—the spiritual principle. Side by side with it exists chaos, or matter. The human soul leads a troubled existence between chaos and spirit until redeemed by Jesus.