• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christian: Father, Son and "Ignored One"

writer

have pointed out: Spirit being Spirit does not depersonalize the Spirit.
God is Spirit. God is a person. The Person (eg Gen 1:27).

1 we frequently speak of the Father and the Son, but seldom of the Holy Ghost.
Maybe dear Katzpur's ('n i like your photo) sentence shoulda said "I" rather than "we"

how is He related to God the Father?
He's God, the Father's, Spirit

any qualities or characteristics you can think of that would distinguish Him from God the Father?
The Father's Spirit proceeds from the Father, and Son. Meaning the Father's His source (Jn 15:26; 16:28; Gal 4:6). He's also part of the Us (Gen 1:26; Isa 6:8). 3 in 1 God.
He also listens and speaks and's referred to as "He" and interacts with Father 'n Son. Meaning He's distinct from them. Tho never separate

...Father and the Son...
Father, Son, and Spirit r inseparable. Never were separate. N r separate. Never will be separate. They're: 3 in 1. There is only one God. God is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
The Spirit also is God, and God is Spirit. The Spirit is also Christ. Jesus. They're inseparable. Tho distinct. As the apostle wrote: "the last Adam became a life-giving Spirit" (1 Corinthians 15:45).
To come into His receivers (Jn 1:12-13; 7:37-39; 20:22; 1 Jn 4:13; Jn 14:23) with the Father and the Son.
Thanx

A

angellous_evangellous

Katzpur said:
Same Faith Debates - Christians only, please. ;)

I'm interested in exploring other Christians' concepts of who the Holy Ghost (or Holy Spirit) is. Specifically, how is He related to God the Father? Is there anything about the Holy Ghost that you see as unique -- any qualities or characteristics you can think of that would distinguish Him from God the Father? It seems to me that we frequently speak of the Father and the Son, but seldom of the Holy Ghost.

Yes... I recall being taught in seminary (a professional school for pastors) NOT to pray to the Holy Spirit. I'm thinking - isn't the Holy Spirit God?

nutshell

angellous_evangellous said:
Yes... I recall being taught in seminary (a professional school for pastors) NOT to pray to the Holy Spirit. I'm thinking - isn't the Holy Spirit God?

That's interesting. What role does the Holy Spirit play in prayer

writer

62 taught in seminary (a professional school for pastors) NOT to pray to the Holy Spirit
Sounds demonic

63 What role does the Holy Spirit play in prayer?
One teachins: we don't know for what we should pray as is fitting. But the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings which can't be uttered.
That is, the Spirit in Christians' spirit (Jn 3:6).

Take care