• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christian: Eternal nature of marriage and family

glasgowchick

Gives Glory to God !!!
Hi, I got a couple of question about LDS Marriages..Ok you guys believe that your marriage can be sealed for eternal in heaven..My questions is simular to the one asked in the bible.

1- First marriage sealed, Women dies...Husband marries again... Women dies...man marries again.... who's Husband is he in the resurrection.

2- First marriage sealed..Husband dies...Women marries...Husband dies..Women marries again...whos wife is she in the resurrection..

3- First marriage sealed..Couple divorces..what happens then..thankyou...

Aqualung

Tasty
StewpidLoser said:
I didn't say "You're wrong!" to you or anyone else in this thread.
That's right. You weren't saying anything. Which was what made me mad.

StewpidLoser said:
Well, since I am not likely to ever marry, I'm truly glad that I'm not in your church.... the Jesus I know has already secured a place for me just the way I am.
Well, I'm glad that you're confident in your faith. You can go ahead and say "yeah, riiiight :rolleyes: " again, but it's the truth.

StewpidLoser said:
Again, taken out of context, that one single verse can be interpreted any way you want. But when I read it in the context in which it's written, the man and woman who are married need to both be living for Christ in order to be in the Lord. It says nothing about single people being less worthy or unable to be in Christ or not being able to be with God for eternity.
Ahhh, now we're getting somewhere.:D What's the context that makes you think you're right?

[qutoe=StewpidLoser]Sooooooo..... how does your doctrine's explanation of families and marriages lasting for eternity translate into people who are not married not being in Christ.... or is this just YOUR interpretation of a single verse taken out of context?[/quote]Once again, what's the context of the verse that you think I took it out of? As for my doctrine's explanation of families etc., people who aren't married by a priesthood holder in the temple won't get resurected to the highest glory, where they will live with the Father, but they will get resurected into a glory that is definitely better than anything around here.

StewpidLoser said:
Just because I don't respond to it doesn't mean I'm ignoring it.
No, it was the fact that you did respond to one post and didn't bother responding to the rebuttle that made me think you were ignoring it.

StewpidLoser said:
Just as I haven't ignored the many other posts in this and in other threads. I'm one of those who tends to read a whole pile more than I post. You're out of line telling me what I looked at and what I didn't and what I'm thinking.
You're right. I was out of line, because you may have actually looked at it.

[qutoe=StewpidLoser]So? This is a debate, not a discussion.[/quote]Yes.

StewpidLoser said:
I had no intent to participate in this debate/discussion. Does that mean I'm not allowed to ask questions or make comments?
No, but it does mean that if you make questions or comments, people are going to assume you want a debate, so if people actually try to debate with you, don't get so offended.

StewpidLoser said:
Your 'rebuttal' of "Did you read people's replies? Because it would be helpful if you would adress the replies, instead of us having to re-post them, and then you adress them." didn't do much to further the 'discussion' either. Nor did your attack on me.
That wasn't the rebuttle. The rebuttle was to the person who originally posted those quotes. I think it might have been glasgowchick. That's what the rebuttle was.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Hi, Chick.

glasgowchick said:
Hi, I got a couple of question about LDS Marriages..Ok you guys believe that your marriage can be sealed for eternal in heaven..My questions is simular to the one asked in the bible.

1- First marriage sealed, Women dies...Husband marries again... Women dies...man marries again.... who's Husband is he in the resurrection.
First wife's.

2- First marriage sealed..Husband dies...Women marries...Husband dies..Women marries again...whos wife is she in the resurrection..
First husband's.

3- First marriage sealed..Couple divorces..what happens then..thankyou...
They will not be married in the resurrection. Eternal marriages requires that both parties keep the terms of the marriage covenant. If the couple divorced, obviously one (or both) of them did not live up to the promises they made when they got married.

Kathryn

glasgowchick

Gives Glory to God !!!
Katzpur said:
Hi, Chick.

First wife's.

First husband's.

They will not be married in the resurrection. Eternal marriages requires that both parties keep the terms of the marriage covenant. If the couple divorced, obviously one (or both) of them did not live up to the promises they made when they got married.

Kathryn

Hi Kat, Is it true that a wifes salvation depends on her husbands whim!...

Would you explain these verses for me, I know there is a lot of nonsense out there but I would like your opinion and are there any truth in them".

In the divine economy, as in nature, the man 'is the head of the woman,' and it is written that 'he is the savior of the body.' But 'the man is not without the woman' any more than the woman is without the man, in the Lord. Adam was first formed, then Eve. In the resurrection, they stand side by side and hold dominion together. Every man who overcomes all things and is thereby entitled to inherit all things, receives power to bring up his wife to join him in the possession and enjoyment thereof. "
In the case of a man marrying a wife in the everlasting covenant who dies while he continues in the flesh and marries another by the same divine law, each wife will come forth in her order and enter with him into his glory.
" ("Mormon" Doctrine Plain and Simple, or Leaves from the Tree of Life, by Apostle Charles W. Penrose, 1897, Salt Lake City, UT.)

"Do the women, when they pray, remember their husbands?... Do you uphold your husband before God as your lord? 'What!--my husband to be my lord?' I ask, Can you get into the celestial kingdom without him? Have any of you been there? You will remember that you never got into the celestial kingdom [during the temple ceremony] without the aid of your husband. If you did, it was because your husband was away, and some one had to act proxy for him.
No woman will get into the celestial kingdom, except her husband receives her, if she is worthy to have a husband; and if not, somebody will receive her as a servant."
(LDS Apostle Erastus Snow preached the following on Sunday, Oct. 4, 1857, Journal of Discourses, vol.5, p.291)...

what does all that mean thanks.. :)