• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christian: Denominations?

atpollard

Satan has deceived nearly the entire Christian world into keeping a counterfeit to God's true Sabbath day. Satan gives all sorts of reasons for changing God's law: The disciples met, Jesus rose, the law is void, God doesn't care what day you keep,,,ect,,,ect.

What warnings does God give regarding His law and His sign, or mark?

A. God warns religious leaders against causing people to stumble by saying that some commandments do not matter (Malachi 2:7-9 ). Some preachers teach that it doesn't matter what day you keep Holy.

B. God warns people who want their ministers to preach smooth fables rather than the truth about His law (Isaiah 30:9,10) How many Sunday churches teach sermons on what exactly is the Mark of the Beast that is to be enforced on all? None.

C.God warns religious leaders who refuse to preach the prophecies of the end-time (Isaiah 29:10,11)

D. God warns people about hardening their hearts against the truth of His law (Zechariah 7:12)

E. God solemnly warns that leaders who teach there is really no difference between sacred things and common things (such as Sunday) will face Indignation (Ezekiel 22:26,31)

F. God tells us that the problems of this world are because people refuse to follow His law and have even tried to change it (Isaiah 24:4-6).

God has many people in the Sunday Churches and He is actively calling them out before the Mark of the Beast (Sunday Observance) is enforced and the Plagues fall:

"And I heard another voice from heaven saying, "Come out of her, My people, lest you share in her sins and receive of her plagues." Revelation 18:4
I prefer THIS quote from the lips of Jesus himself:

John 13:34-35 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”

I could be wrong, but I think that is the real passion of God's heart.
So I am prepared to stand before the judgement seat of God and give an account of why I chose to practice love on Sunday rather than preach hate on Saturday.
If I am wrong, I will trust in His mercy and the blood of Christ.

Mr. Beebe

, God's Law does change,

God's law is perfect according to His Bible,,,So,, why alter that which is perfect,, Is God ignorant? "The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul; " Psalm 19:7

Paul said: "Therefore the Law is holy, and the Commandment holy and just and good. "Romans 7:12

Paul also said,,,"it is keeping the Commandments of God that matters.' 1 Corinthians 7:19

Also,, all 10 Commandments are found in the New Testament.

"He that keepeth the law, happy is he." Proverbs 29:18

Mr. Beebe

I prefer THIS quote from the lips of Jesus himself:

John 13:34-35 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”

I could be wrong, but I think that is the real passion of God's heart.
So I am prepared to stand before the judgement seat of God and give an account of why I chose to practice love on Sunday rather than preach hate on Saturday.
If I am wrong, I will trust in His mercy and the blood of Christ.

Okay.....it's your choice...... Soon Protestants shall unite with Catholics,, the two shall become one. Nobody has preached hate,,,, It's sad that you claim obeying God's 10 Commandments is considered hate. The end is surely near, when men teach that evil (breaking God's law) is good and good (keeping His law) is evil.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
God's law is perfect according to His Bible,,,So,, why alter that which is perfect,, Is God ignorant? "The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul; " Psalm 19:7

Paul said: "Therefore the Law is holy, and the Commandment holy and just and good. "Romans 7:12

Paul also said,,,"it is keeping the Commandments of God that matters.' 1 Corinthians 7:19

Do you drive your car to church on Saturday? Do you fill it with gas on the Sabbath? What about grocery shopping? Do you take out the garbage, or clean your house? Do you do any work whatsoever on Saturday? Do you ever have to work on Saturday at your job? If so, you are breaking the whole law and will be damned to eternal hell. If you're going to keep any of the law, you must keep all of it. Here's your checklist to ensure you are going to be saved: Your Salvation Checklist Best wishes on making it.

Mr. Beebe

Do you drive your car to church on Saturday? Do you fill it with gas on the Sabbath? What about grocery shopping? Do you take out the garbage, or clean your house? Do you do any work whatsoever on Saturday? Do you ever have to work on Saturday at your job? If so, you are breaking the whole law and will be damned to eternal hell. If you're going to keep any of the law, you must keep all of it. Here's your checklist to ensure you are going to be saved: Your Salvation Checklist Best wishes on making it.

lol,, the Commandment doesn't say you cannot drive your car or travel on the Sabbath. In fact the Bible uses the phrase "a Sabbath's day journey" ( Acts 1:12). So that shows that we can have some freedom of movement on God's Sabbath.

No, I do not work on the Sabbath. I have chosen to keep His la even while working. When I discovered the truth of God's Sabbath, I was sure I would lose my job if I decided to obey God. I prayed and ask God to soften the heart of my boss. Then I approached my boss with my dilemma. Well,,, God blessed my efforts, my boss gave me Saturday (Sabbath) off. I did have to work some Sundays,, but I was happy that God upheld me as I chose to obey Him. But, I was also prepared to quit. I believed God would find me a better job, if that was the case.

I do my shopping and take care of all my business during the week. Friday is known as "preparation day". So,, all my grocery shopping and errands are done thru the week or on Friday. That way,, I am ready for the Sabbath and I rest from my secular labors. just as God did from His Creative works.

It's all about being organized.

I also help the poor on Sabbath. So,, the day isn't about hiding in your house and laying on the couch. Jesus healed on the Sabbath. I volunteer on many Sabbaths and serve people who are less fortunate. There is a great need out there. people are hungry and need help on every day,, even the Sabbath day. God would have us meet those needs and bid them "Follow Me.."

The Sabbath is a delight,, it is not a burden.. please don't make it to be one... The Pharisees did the same thing.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006

God's law is perfect, because God's law is love, and love is perfect.

sojourner

Okay.....it's your choice...... Soon Protestants shall unite with Catholics,, the two shall become one. Nobody has preached hate,,,, It's sad that you claim obeying God's 10 Commandments is considered hate. The end is surely near, when men teach that evil (breaking God's law) is good and good (keeping His law) is evil.
It's not the obeying of the law that is hate -- it's the elevating of the keeping of the law above how one treats others and perceives others that constitutes hate. The end was, indeed, near, for Pharisaical Judaism when they taught that keeping the law was paramount to how one treats others.

sojourner

lol,, the Commandment doesn't say you cannot drive your car or travel on the Sabbath. In fact the Bible uses the phrase "a Sabbath's day journey" ( Acts 1:12). So that shows that we can have some freedom of movement on God's Sabbath.

No, I do not work on the Sabbath. I have chosen to keep His la even while working. When I discovered the truth of God's Sabbath, I was sure I would lose my job if I decided to obey God. I prayed and ask God to soften the heart of my boss. Then I approached my boss with my dilemma. Well,,, God blessed my efforts, my boss gave me Saturday (Sabbath) off. I did have to work some Sundays,, but I was happy that God upheld me as I chose to obey Him. But, I was also prepared to quit. I believed God would find me a better job, if that was the case.

I do my shopping and take care of all my business during the week. Friday is known as "preparation day". So,, all my grocery shopping and errands are done thru the week or on Friday. That way,, I am ready for the Sabbath and I rest from my secular labors. just as God did from His Creative works.

It's all about being organized.

I also help the poor on Sabbath. So,, the day isn't about hiding in your house and laying on the couch. Jesus healed on the Sabbath. I volunteer on many Sabbaths and serve people who are less fortunate. There is a great need out there. people are hungry and need help on every day,, even the Sabbath day. God would have us meet those needs and bid them "Follow Me.."

The Sabbath is a delight,, it is not a burden.. please don't make it to be one... The Pharisees did the same thing.
The sabbath is a delight -- no matter what day it's celebrated on. Please don't make it an abomination by insisting on a certain day. BTW: did it ever occur to you that the ancient, Judaic "seventh day" might not be the same as our Saturday?

Mr. Beebe

BTW: did it ever occur to you that the ancient, Judaic "seventh day" might not be the same as our Saturday?

No. I have done my study. The Jew has always kept the 7th day & the Church of Rome admits that it changed God's Sabbath from the 7th day to the 1st as a MARK of her power.

The weekly 7-day cycle has never been broken. Astronomers as well as scientists agree,, we have not lost a day. Perhaps you should conduct your own study, instead of defying God and hardening your heart towards His law. He warns us not to do that: Zechariah 7:12

Mr. Beebe

Uh huh. Bigfoot hunters say the same thing...

What's wrong with you?? You reject Historic proof that can be easily checked out. You could also check with the Church of Rome,, and see that they admit to changing the Sabbath,, but like the current President that the USA has in office,, none of it fits your narrative so you dismiss it.

Your comment suggests to me that you hate knowledge, don't care to be enlightened, and like being wrong. So be it.

sojourner

What's wrong with you?? You reject Historic proof that can be easily checked out. You could also check with the Church of Rome,, and see that they admit to changing the Sabbath,, but like the current President that the USA has in office,, none of it fits your narrative so you dismiss it.

Your comment suggests to me that you hate knowledge, don't care to be enlightened, and like being wrong. So be it.
Your information is incorrect. First day sabbath observance was changed long before there was a Catholic Church as a recognizable denomination. At the time it was changed, there was only "the Church." This has nothing to do with your conservative politics. Or with your apparently narrowly-held religious beliefs that fit your own preconceived narrative. So be it.