• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christian denomination least likely to affiliate with

Christian denomination least likely to join

• Baptist

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Christian Scientist

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Disciples of Christ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eastern Orthodox

• Episcopal

• Jehovah's Witness

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Lutheran

• Methodist

• Mormon (LDS)

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Presbyterian

• Roman Catholic

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Seventh-Day Adventist

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Unitarian Christian

• United Church of Christ

• Other (please name)

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters

Polaris

Out of respect and attempt to avoid any harsh feelings we'll keep this one anonymous unless you wish to explain.

I said I would least likely become a Jehovah's Witness because my dad and his whole side of the family used to be Jehovah's Witnesses, so I know how they are and the kinds of things they teach, and I don't think we would ever go back to that religion. Once my dad starts talking to JWs that come to our door, and they realize that he's an apostate (an apostate teacher, nonetheless; he went to Theocratic Ministry school, helped lead a Kingdom Hall, etc), they usually leave pretty quickly. ;)

FerventGodSeeker

Zephyr

Moved on
I picked LDS because regular old Christianity is hard enough to believe on its own. I don't know much about JWs, but I'm assuming it would be a similar case.

jonny

I picked Baptist because they are really the only Christian denomonation that I have kinda hard feelings towards (no offense meant to anyone). I don't necessarily disagree with their doctrines, but I disagree with a lot of the church's tactics and find that they are often disingenuous. I do enjoy many of the baptists I've met on these forums though.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Haaaa! I've gone to a Baptist church for 20 years....seems weird to be the most hated one. Oh well, guess I know what it feels like a tiny bit to be discriminated against.

Ody

Christianity is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY down the list of religions i would consider joining in the first place. I think its right above santeria! :p

Heh. :beach:

I hate working on shabbat : (

uu_sage

I would not join the following groups (my sincere apologies to those who are part of these groups) Baptists/Lutherans- Raised in both churches never really liked them. From the Conservative Baptist tradition I hated it because of how frighteningly fundamentalist they are with their oppression of GBLTs, fellow Christians, people of other religions, ect. the blind faith, you get the point. The Lutherans, at least the LCMS variety were a little more tolerable but had issues with the dogmatism and the fact that Luther himself is an anti-semite. Seventh Day-Adventists- Admirable stuff: vegetarianism, health research. Would have issues with the trinitarian orthodoxy as noted with the Lutherans and Baptists. Mormons (LDS)- Admirable stuff: Genealogy, family ties, education, importance of public speaking. I would take issue with their stances on GBLTs, their sponsorship of the Boy Scouts in their exclusion of agnostics, atheists, Unitarian Universalists and others but other than that they are more tolerant and accepting of a person's right to practice their own faith. Jehovah's Witnesses- Admirable stuff: strict monotheism, refusal to participate in combat situations or loyalty oaths. I would take issue with: exclusivism, some dogmatic practice, the refusal to celebrate holidays.

jonny

Buttercup said:
Haaaa! I've gone to a Baptist church for 20 years....seems weird to be the most hated one. Oh well, guess I know what it feels like a tiny bit to be discriminated against.

I wish that they had seperated out "Baptist" from "Southern Baptist" since I understand that there is a difference.

Umm Maybe I'm just misinformed, but Jehova's witness and mormonism arent christian denominations. I have even met mormons and jehova's witness that think this.

SoyLeche

meh...
Silicon Hero said:
Umm Maybe I'm just misinformed, but Jehova's witness and mormonism arent christian denominations. I have even met mormons and jehova's witness that think this.
You can find one of the umpteen million threads out there that have this as their topic if you like. It get's discussed every couple of weeks. Not really the purpose of this thread though.

SoyLeche

meh...
Silicon Hero said:
I'll also point out that the person that started the thread is Mormon

Ody

Silicon Hero said:

Tis wrong and misinformed.