• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christian denial of the threat of nuclear war

Triumph

FREEDOM OF SPEECH
My opinion:

No. Armageddon comes later. It is the final war. I presume, it is a nuclear war.

When nuclear war does occur, it should be over in about 1/2 hour. That is about the time that it takes Russia, China, and the very weak nuclear nation of the United States to launch and deliver rockets. China just fired mach 10 (that is, 10 times the speed of sound....roughlly 6,000 miles per hour) rockets over the top of the US aircraft carrier that Trump sent to the China Sea (to prevent China from blocking other nation's vessels off of the sea). Russians, responding to Obama blaming him for hacking emails and not accepting his denials, had placed Satan II nuclear missiles on its border as a threat to the United States (remember, Hillary Clinton threatened nuclear war over the issue of email hacking after her campaign advisor, John Podesta's emails were hacked, revealing that she had arranged to have debate questions to study prior to a debate). We don't need hot headed cheating politicians starting or threatening nuclear war.

The United States and former Soviet Union had entered into SALT agreements (Strategic Arms Limitation Talks), which limited the future research and development of nukes and resulted in agreed destruction of much of the US and Soviet nuclear arsenal. Budget cuts, due to President W. Bush's 2008 recession (and outsourcing of factories abroad to take advantage of cheap foreign labor that made defective products with defective materials and defective labor) resulted in thinning the US military still further...eliminating many US military bases.

Russia's new Satan II nuclear missiles have a payload of a 15 megaton nuclear bomb. Compare this with the devastating 20 kiloton nuclear bombs of Nagasaki and Hiroshima. My dad, one of the first 89 soldiers to go to ground zero, who went without radiation suits (before the radiation crew) to both, told me of the devastation of those tiny bombs.

The US has 1970's technology in its nuclear arsenal (maybe older). The "safe-and-arm" devices designed to arm the devices, according to my personal talks with its inventor, Dr. Appleman, are sealed in an inert gas to keep them from corroding (Dr. Appleman was an old man in the 1980's when I spoke with him). That gas, over time, can seep out, though sealed by solder. It is much like an old soda pop can seeping out in time. The devices are made with a spring that is only pulled back by the acceleration of the rocket, so that it cannot be detonated in the missile silo. It is not just an issue of filling them with more gas, it is an issue of replacing the low grade explosive pin, and the high grade explosive dot on the rotating switch that arms it.

These old missiles are not very good at evading antimissile rockets. US rockets only travel at mach 5 at most.

While both Russia and the US held back nuclear technology, the rest of the world (Israel, Iran, North Korea, and China, et al) developed nukes.

North Korea developed nukes only because they were threatened by war by President W. Bush, who cited their use of nuclear power plants (common for developing nations), and assumed that that could lead to nuclear weapons. In the threats that followed, the leader of North Korea decided that the best way to defend themselves from attacks by the US was to develop nukes. President W. Bush and Vice President Cheney then decided to have a series of phony orange alerts to make the public aware of the nuclear threat and to get the public to support their unreasonable wars.

According to the bible, and the famous psychic Edgar Cayce, Amageddon will be fought with the Gog and Magog. China will be a part of that attack.

Cayce said that there will be a 1,000 year peaceful reign of China.

Certainly China is far stronger militarily than the United States, and certainly it is stronger financially. The US should worry that it (the US) doesn't manufacture much of anything. Most desktop and laptop computers are made by Acer which bought many of the other computer companies, and that is owned by a South Korean company. A few days ago, former official of the NSC (National Security Council), Fiona Hill, said that the US gets most of its medical supplies abroad, and much of that comes from China. So, in the event of a bio-attack, the US may not be able to get needed supplies because it makes very little now. I wonder if we will have to ask China for weapons to attack it should the US and China go to war.

Many of the companies traded internationally on the stock market are not owned by US millionaires, and are not in the control of US forces. For example, when Chrysler was destroyed by selling off its patents and moved to other nations for manufacturing, it was 51% owned by Cerberus (100 millionaires organized by a junk bond king), and 30% owned by Renault (a French car company). So, after W. Bush wrecked the economy in 2008, Congress felt that it had to bail out Chrysler to save US jobs (but the nearest plant was in Canada, and very few US citizens worked there), and felt that they needed to save the pensions of US workers (which they could have done without bailing out the company). Thus, saving Chrysler actually saved France and a junk bond king who wrecked the company for profit. It begs the question....who owns America?

In short...the US is not prepared for war against any super power. Not economically, not with manufacturing low, and not with military superiority.

To answer your question...much of Revelation (a chapter of the bible) has to do with President W. Bush's (and his father's) attack on Babylon, Iraq. In fact, the Whore of Babylon, according to Revelation 17:18 is the most powerful nation of the world that attacked it (the United States), known for its sexual misconduct and flaunting affluence (especially mentioned in the bible are pearl necklaces like the simple pearl necklace of Barbara Bush).
I enjoyed your informative post. Not all nukes have the same payload and Russia knows it must be careful not to set off a super volcano from concussion/earthquake that would not only destroy America but would also result in the destruction of Russia and the entire globe. Yellowstone is connected to the Long Valley caldera in CA in the area of a major Faultline, the San Andreas. So a question is how to conquer a nation without destroying your own. Only an insane person would want a super volcano to erupt and Russia's Satan II could cause massive tectonic plate movement if the target is near a Faultline.
The Bible states Israel will be split apart and that could be literal. There is only one location actively splitting itself apart and that is the East African Rift that is lined with volcanos. 2 calderas lurk to the south of Ethiopia. The East African rift begins in northern Syria and extends across East Africa into Mozambique. The Bible states Ethiopia is a factor in the final war and it is possible if their new dam built across the Nile if bombed by Egypt (because they fear not having enough water in the future), could cause a major concussion event with the release of pressure on the ground built up by the Nile water, the resulting earthquake could cause a massive Faultline slip resulting in both major volcanic eruptions and literal land separation possibly with lava entering the openings.. In the Persian Gulf 2 tectonic plates collide. Nuclear WW3 could cause land mass movement never before experienced by man. The atmosphere filled with volcanic smoke, and smoke from battlefield fires could create the sky to become so dark it causes a rapid drop in worldwide temp leading to nuclear winter, the frost of heaven in Job reserved to end WW3.

Kelly of the Phoenix

It was too by the time of Pope Borgia.
But no good Catholic used to think the Vatican and his king were holy.
Granted my knowledge comes from tv shows, but it seems like some racist people in the clergy would accuse the Borgias of “atrocities “ because they just didn’t want them in power.

Triumph

FREEDOM OF SPEECH
My opinion:

No. Armageddon comes later. It is the final war. I presume, it is a nuclear war.

When nuclear war does occur, it should be over in about 1/2 hour. That is about the time that it takes Russia, China, and the very weak nuclear nation of the United States to launch and deliver rockets. China just fired mach 10 (that is, 10 times the speed of sound....roughlly 6,000 miles per hour) rockets over the top of the US aircraft carrier that Trump sent to the China Sea (to prevent China from blocking other nation's vessels off of the sea). Russians, responding to Obama blaming him for hacking emails and not accepting his denials, had placed Satan II nuclear missiles on its border as a threat to the United States (remember, Hillary Clinton threatened nuclear war over the issue of email hacking after her campaign advisor, John Podesta's emails were hacked, revealing that she had arranged to have debate questions to study prior to a debate). We don't need hot headed cheating politicians starting or threatening nuclear war.

The United States and former Soviet Union had entered into SALT agreements (Strategic Arms Limitation Talks), which limited the future research and development of nukes and resulted in agreed destruction of much of the US and Soviet nuclear arsenal. Budget cuts, due to President W. Bush's 2008 recession (and outsourcing of factories abroad to take advantage of cheap foreign labor that made defective products with defective materials and defective labor) resulted in thinning the US military still further...eliminating many US military bases.

Russia's new Satan II nuclear missiles have a payload of a 15 megaton nuclear bomb. Compare this with the devastating 20 kiloton nuclear bombs of Nagasaki and Hiroshima. My dad, one of the first 89 soldiers to go to ground zero, who went without radiation suits (before the radiation crew) to both, told me of the devastation of those tiny bombs.

The US has 1970's technology in its nuclear arsenal (maybe older). The "safe-and-arm" devices designed to arm the devices, according to my personal talks with its inventor, Dr. Appleman, are sealed in an inert gas to keep them from corroding (Dr. Appleman was an old man in the 1980's when I spoke with him). That gas, over time, can seep out, though sealed by solder. It is much like an old soda pop can seeping out in time. The devices are made with a spring that is only pulled back by the acceleration of the rocket, so that it cannot be detonated in the missile silo. It is not just an issue of filling them with more gas, it is an issue of replacing the low grade explosive pin, and the high grade explosive dot on the rotating switch that arms it.

These old missiles are not very good at evading antimissile rockets. US rockets only travel at mach 5 at most.

While both Russia and the US held back nuclear technology, the rest of the world (Israel, Iran, North Korea, and China, et al) developed nukes.

North Korea developed nukes only because they were threatened by war by President W. Bush, who cited their use of nuclear power plants (common for developing nations), and assumed that that could lead to nuclear weapons. In the threats that followed, the leader of North Korea decided that the best way to defend themselves from attacks by the US was to develop nukes. President W. Bush and Vice President Cheney then decided to have a series of phony orange alerts to make the public aware of the nuclear threat and to get the public to support their unreasonable wars.

According to the bible, and the famous psychic Edgar Cayce, Amageddon will be fought with the Gog and Magog. China will be a part of that attack.

Cayce said that there will be a 1,000 year peaceful reign of China.

Certainly China is far stronger militarily than the United States, and certainly it is stronger financially. The US should worry that it (the US) doesn't manufacture much of anything. Most desktop and laptop computers are made by Acer which bought many of the other computer companies, and that is owned by a South Korean company. A few days ago, former official of the NSC (National Security Council), Fiona Hill, said that the US gets most of its medical supplies abroad, and much of that comes from China. So, in the event of a bio-attack, the US may not be able to get needed supplies because it makes very little now. I wonder if we will have to ask China for weapons to attack it should the US and China go to war.

Many of the companies traded internationally on the stock market are not owned by US millionaires, and are not in the control of US forces. For example, when Chrysler was destroyed by selling off its patents and moved to other nations for manufacturing, it was 51% owned by Cerberus (100 millionaires organized by a junk bond king), and 30% owned by Renault (a French car company). So, after W. Bush wrecked the economy in 2008, Congress felt that it had to bail out Chrysler to save US jobs (but the nearest plant was in Canada, and very few US citizens worked there), and felt that they needed to save the pensions of US workers (which they could have done without bailing out the company). Thus, saving Chrysler actually saved France and a junk bond king who wrecked the company for profit. It begs the question....who owns America?

In short...the US is not prepared for war against any super power. Not economically, not with manufacturing low, and not with military superiority.

To answer your question...much of Revelation (a chapter of the bible) has to do with President W. Bush's (and his father's) attack on Babylon, Iraq. In fact, the Whore of Babylon, according to Revelation 17:18 is the most powerful nation of the world that attacked it (the United States), known for its sexual misconduct and flaunting affluence (especially mentioned in the bible are pearl necklaces like the simple pearl necklace of Barbara Bush).
In regards to your opinion , "much of Revelation (a chapter of the bible) has to do with President W. Bush's (and his father's) attack on Babylon, Iraq. In fact, the Whore of Babylon, according to Revelation 17:18 is the most powerful nation of the world that attacked it (the United States), known for its sexual misconduct and flaunting affluence (especially mentioned in the bible are pearl necklaces like the simple pearl necklace"
In this you are not seeing what scripture is telling us.
.First, Babylon represents the nuclear power industry as a whole. It is a "city" because by electricity produced it unites both industry and homes in a dependent network. It makes merchants rich by reducing the cost of energy needed by industry to produce products. A nuclear power plant is always built by water to cool her nuclear rods and she sits like a serviced queen that claims to be safe to the public served because she is maintained by her provider, the nuclear technicians described as her husband. But she is not safe from war, being a prime war target and will totally burn with fire when attacked. Her harlot daughter made from waste that all the kings of the world desire is a thermonuclear weapon made from nuclear waste. That weapon sits on 7 hills which are 7 nuclear armed nations that will fight in the final war on Earth, Thermonuclear WW3, the Beast that devours them all.
The Bible explains a nation is a mountain, a hill is the military that must be passed over to reach the top of the mountains, the people in control of their nation.
A "pearl" is a radar array, a white dome that looks like a pearl.

Dogknox20

I enjoyed your informative post. Not all nukes have the same payload and Russia knows it must be careful not to set off a super volcano from concussion/earthquake that would not only destroy America but would also result in the destruction of Russia and the entire globe. Yellowstone is connected to the Long Valley caldera in CA in the area of a major Faultline, the San Andreas. So a question is how to conquer a nation without destroying your own. Only an insane person would want a super volcano to erupt and Russia's Satan II could cause massive tectonic plate movement if the target is near a Faultline.
The Bible states Israel will be split apart and that could be literal. There is only one location actively splitting itself apart and that is the East African Rift that is lined with volcanos. 2 calderas lurk to the south of Ethiopia. The East African rift begins in northern Syria and extends across East Africa into Mozambique. The Bible states Ethiopia is a factor in the final war and it is possible if their new dam built across the Nile if bombed by Egypt (because they fear not having enough water in the future), could cause a major concussion event with the release of pressure on the ground built up by the Nile water, the resulting earthquake could cause a massive Faultline slip resulting in both major volcanic eruptions and literal land separation possibly with lava entering the openings.. In the Persian Gulf 2 tectonic plates collide. Nuclear WW3 could cause land mass movement never before experienced by man. The atmosphere filled with volcanic smoke, and smoke from battlefield fires could create the sky to become so dark it causes a rapid drop in worldwide temp leading to nuclear winter, the frost of heaven in Job reserved to end WW3.
I say.... God was born of a Woman.. The Anti-Christ will be born of Man!

"AI" is the child of Man! "AI" could replace God, AI could be the rule of the whole world because of the Internet!

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
No it's the same place. All there is in the town is the golf course and the university. My son is not a golfer. He goes out of town to climb the mountains - actually doing a fell run this afternoon, apparently. When he's not studying ancient history or in the pub......
Part of my heritage was from the Isle of Skye and before that in Ireland-- MacDonald of ClanRanald.

Vee

Premium Member
In this post I'm going to be referring to the Christian Baptist church teachings I grew up around. I recognize that these views do not represent the majority of Christianity, but it does represent the majority of Christians I know.

The Pastor says that nuclear war cannot and will not happen. "There will be wars and rumours of wars when the end is near" he touts. The Christian view is that humanity cannot destroy itself; Jesus will come back before that happens! So, obviously all out nuclear war won't happen, as that would be the apocalypse, and the apocalypse is only gonna happen a specific way.
Does anyone see the danger in this thinking? As a Christian, I think there is the distinct possibility humanity can wipe itself out before Jesus comes back, at least mostly.
I have a question for you, if you're a Christian. Do you think that all out nuclear war can possibly happen before the rapture and all that? Or do you think God will prevent it?

I hope he's right, but we need to accept that the bible doesn't say what kind if wars will happen or what type of weapons will be used. Nuclear weapons have been used in the past. The US dropped 2 nuclear bombs in Japan. We can't tell for sure that won't happen again.
The bible indicates that the earth will not be destroyed though. There are many scriptures that make that clear, including Psalms 37:11 where it says "But the meek will possess the earth, And they will find exquisite delight in the abundance of peace." If the earth didn't exist anymore this wouldn't be possible.
However, we don't know what God will allow and we don't know how long this will go on for. I hope I'm wrong but a lot of destruction might be on the way before the real Armageddon happens. I would says, as a Christian, let's keep our eyes open, but above all be wise and don't jump into conclusions. We don't have the whole picture yet.

Triumph

FREEDOM OF SPEECH
I say.... God was born of a Woman.. The Anti-Christ will be born of Man!

"AI" is the child of Man! "AI" could replace God, AI could be the rule of the whole world because of the Internet!
A woman is an animal and God is not, never was and never will be an animal. You are correct that the Son of Man is created by man because he is a military commander raised to that position by men that want protection in war not by God that commands do not kill.
The internet will be among the first to die in WW3 as satellites will be shot down and national electrical grids destroyed to weaken the nations.

Triumph

FREEDOM OF SPEECH
That we did it already and those cities recovered is about the only consolation. It will always be a blight on American souls.
Japan attacked the USA unprovoked by the US. Nations will fight to defend themselves willing to do massive destruction in hopes of finally stopping unprovoked attack and death of their people. The USA financed the rebuild of Japan doing an amazing job of it, and signed a treaty to protect Japan from attack by other nations in the future. Japan remained a sovereign nation. Japan did not become one of the united states of America even though they were defeated in a war Japan started desiring Americans to die to rob them of their land and resources. The blight is on the aggressor that starts a war, first strike, not the people that want self defense to prevent from being murdered.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
https://twitter.com/Asher_Wolf/status/1340286982971248641

Website above: "Jimmy Swaggart Ministries is currently raving about the anti-Christ being a Jew and encouraging the rebuilding of the 2nd temple and how it will bring on the end of the world."

Frances & Friends | The Hatred Of Israel | Jimmy Swaggart

Website above, Reverend Jimmy Swaggart: It is ironic, the Jews hate Jesus Christ, and the world that does not care for Jesus Christ either, hates the Jews because they killed Christ. It is somewhat like the old proverb of "the pot calling the kettle black." However, the real reason for the animosity of the world against the Jews is simply because of their past and what will transpire in their future."

Evangelical Solidarity with the Jews: A Veiled Agenda? A Qualitative Content Analysis of Pat Robertson's 700 Club Program on JSTOR

Website above: "Key motivation for this position rests on the belief by many Evangelical Christians that apocalyptic events are coalescing in Israel, and that US policy can and must help lay the foundation for Christ's return."

https://www.reaganlibrary.gov/publi...eaver/box-020/40-137-7065105-020-004-2016.pdf

Jimmy Swaggart, the individual on record as unashamedly describing the Catholic church as "the whore of the Apocalypse," and as a false religion whose members are being led to Hell by priests who, almost to a man, while claiming to live by the vow of celibacy, in reality lead the most immoral personal lives." .........."editorial calling President Reagan's friendship with anti-semitic Jimmy Swaggart as reprehensible as Jesse Jackson's friendship with antisemitic Black Moslem leader Louis Farrakhan."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...-and-tv/4164ed04-2aa9-41e6-966e-d39260e8a907/

Website above: Reverend Jimmy Swaggart: "I love the Jewish people," ..."When you have true love for a people, and you wouldn't do anything in the world to hurt them, and would do anything in the world to help them, then it comes as an abrupt shock when they don't reciprocate."........."Nothing in the world any greater than to be a Jew, and nothing in the world any worse than being an atheistic Jew." Swaggart bought a $100,000 bond for the Israel Bond drive.

https://www.usnews.com/opinion/thom...-grahams-anti-semitic-turn-with-richard-nixon

Website above, Reverend Billy Graham: Graham referenced friends of his own in the press who were Jewish and how they "swarm around me and are friendly to me." ....They don't know how I really feel about what they're doing to this country."...."powerful bloc of media Jews confronted Nixon, and they're the ones putting out the pornographic stuff."

Jimmy Swaggart Says Nazi Holocaust Was Because Jews Rejected Jesus Christ

Website above, Reverend Jimmy Swaggart: "Nazi Holocaust was because Jews rejected Jesus Christ."

Witnesses to Swaggart | Opinion | The Harvard Crimson

Website above: "Baton Rouge, home to Swaggart's multi-million dollar estate, church and Bible College."

PBS’ Billy Graham documentary captures preacher’s pull and ambition

Website above: "One 1972 tape had captured Reverend Billy Graham agreeing with Nixon as he indulged in an antisemitic rant about Jews controlling the media."

You can honor Billy Graham, but not in the US Capitol | CNN

Website above: "Graham also apologized after making anti-Semitic remarks, which were captured on tape in the Nixon White House."

I find most of it to be inflammatory rhetoric.

For an example to get:

It has been obvious, for some time, that the Religious Right wants to accelerate the process of killing the world so that they will end up in heaven. To this end, they are building up arms in the Middle East.

out of what is written, is basically (to coin a phrase) - fake news. :)

Basically that is what all those sites did. There may be one grain of truth in it but that is what the best lie does. Take a grain of truth and then add to it.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I hope he's right, but we need to accept that the bible doesn't say what kind if wars will happen or what type of weapons will be used. Nuclear weapons have been used in the past. The US dropped 2 nuclear bombs in Japan. We can't tell for sure that won't happen again.
The bible indicates that the earth will not be destroyed though. There are many scriptures that make that clear, including Psalms 37:11 where it says "But the meek will possess the earth, And they will find exquisite delight in the abundance of peace." If the earth didn't exist anymore this wouldn't be possible.
However, we don't know what God will allow and we don't know how long this will go on for. I hope I'm wrong but a lot of destruction might be on the way before the real Armageddon happens. I would says, as a Christian, let's keep our eyes open, but above all be wise and don't jump into conclusions. We don't have the whole picture yet.

I fully agree with you.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Granted my knowledge comes from tv shows, but it seems like some racist people in the clergy would accuse the Borgias of “atrocities “ because they just didn’t want them in power.

My point was that the Vatican stands for a very worldly power.
That is not Christianity.
Christianity is light years away from that.

GardenLady

The majority of Christians do not subscribe to a "literal" interpretation of Revelation. Though lets, face it, no truly literal view makes sense. Many mainstream Christians see Revelation as an indictment of the Roman empire and the prediction of it's fall, along with admonitions against apostacy in the early churches. The (to me, torturous) attempts to shoehorn the text into modern political and international systems seems, well, torturous. The idea that God is bound/forced (by whom?) to follow a vision of 1900 years ago also seems ill-advised. Frankly, I think including Revelation in the canon was probably a mistake.

This mainstream Christian thinks it is entirely possible that a global thermonuclear war can happen someday. There have always been tyrants, autocrats, etc., who have waged highly destructive war at the expense of their own people as well as others in their search for power and domination. There is no reason to think it couldn't happen.

InChrist

Free4ever
In this post I'm going to be referring to the Christian Baptist church teachings I grew up around. I recognize that these views do not represent the majority of Christianity, but it does represent the majority of Christians I know.

The Pastor says that nuclear war cannot and will not happen. "There will be wars and rumours of wars when the end is near" he touts. The Christian view is that humanity cannot destroy itself; Jesus will come back before that happens! So, obviously all out nuclear war won't happen, as that would be the apocalypse, and the apocalypse is only gonna happen a specific way.
Does anyone see the danger in this thinking? As a Christian, I think there is the distinct possibility humanity can wipe itself out before Jesus comes back, at least mostly.
I have a question for you, if you're a Christian. Do you think that all out nuclear war can possibly happen before the rapture and all that? Or do you think God will prevent it?
I believe from what I see in the scriptures, that nuclear war will not happen before the rapture when the church is removed. It will happen during the Tribulation period and unless Christ intervenes all flesh would perish. But for the elect’s (the Chosen people of Israel) sake the days will be shortened.

And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake those days will be shortened.
Matthew 24:22

Triumph

FREEDOM OF SPEECH
I believe from what I see in the scriptures, that nuclear war will not happen before the rapture when the church is removed. It will happen during the Tribulation period and unless Christ intervenes all flesh would perish. But for the elect’s (the Chosen people of Israel) sake the days will be shortened.

And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake those days will be shortened.
Matthew 24:22
Jesus wanted to save Israel but they demanded he die for NOT obeying their Jewish laws and traditional beliefs. So how can people believe Israel is saved? Only Paul wanted people to be a Jew, Jesus did not. Jesus taught complete equality of race with none exalted above another. Paul required people to become false Jews. Jews won't accept them because they believe in Jesus Christ. Christ won't accept them because they never learned what "I desire mercy and not sacrifice" means. Paul never learned it and does not want other people to learn it either..
What Matthew is telling us in 24:22 is there will be a cease fire in WW3. No nation will be proclaimed a winner, but the people that rule nations see the amount of destruction caused so they will agree to meet to stop fighting. Secular elected officials, rulers are the ones with the power to stop this war because it is a man made war. God has nothing to do with the war He sent Jesus to teach against ever starting.

InvestigateTruth

There is prophecy in Zechariah 13:8

"And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the LORD, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein."

Regards Tony
Interestingly Shia traditions have exactly same tradition. It supposed to happen at the time of Qaim.
But the Shias believe it means before the rise of Qaim.

The Commander of the Faithful (‘a) said: “Hadrat Mahdi (‘atfs) will not appear unless one-third of the people are killed; another one-third die; and the remaining one-third survive.”47

Muhammad ibn Muslim said: Imam as-Sadiq (‘a) said: “The Imam of the Time will not appear unless two-thirds of the people in the world would die.” It was asked: “If two-thirds of the people would be killed, how many will remain?” He answered: “Are you not satisfied (and would you not like) to be among the remaining one-third?”52

These Hadithes appear to suggest that this would happen before the Mahdi, but in fact they could mean, in the Age of Mahdi.

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
It's My Birthday!
Interestingly Shia traditions have exactly same tradition. It supposed to happen at the time of Qaim.
But the Shias believe it means before the rise of Qaim.

The Commander of the Faithful (‘a) said: “Hadrat Mahdi (‘atfs) will not appear unless one-third of the people are killed; another one-third die; and the remaining one-third survive.”47

Muhammad ibn Muslim said: Imam as-Sadiq (‘a) said: “The Imam of the Time will not appear unless two-thirds of the people in the world would die.” It was asked: “If two-thirds of the people would be killed, how many will remain?” He answered: “Are you not satisfied (and would you not like) to be among the remaining one-third?”52

These Hadithes appear to suggest that this would happen before the Mahdi, but in fact they could mean, in the Age of Mahdi.
We have to be cautious of perhaps taking this too literally. It could refer to spiritual death and spiritual life. Or could it? What do you think? I may be over my head here.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
We have to be cautious of perhaps taking this too literally. It could refer to spiritual death and spiritual life. Or could it? What do you think? I may be over my head here.

No that is valid, this one seems to include that possibility as one third of humanity as spiritually dead.

But in the end, we just do not know, Shoghi Effendi offered that the Bible Verse about this is still valid.

Regards Tony

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Back in the time when Nero depraved wouldn't stop temple sciences. Rome got burnt.

Hierarchy sick and tired of pompous rich men. Built a walled city and locked them out. Sexually promiscuous. Family. Lots of homosexual behaviours.

Only the poor and destitute were allowed entry into.the holy city. Innocent lives Ng kind caring meek humans who sought sanctuary in their city.

As the book involved the history of the founding of the church. Rich men involved. If not the poor would not have survived.

The poor given work the city flourished. Outside the nastiness of life carried on.

The idea Rome was an evil harlot false. As society all around the earth lived changed depraved.

Reason the cooling burning streaming above us natural heavens.

So men came to learn and submit to wrongdoings. Which began human acceptance that science lied.

No man was God. Life got gas water heated burnt sacrificed.

Philosophy was once again taught.

Medical healing from the tended gardens herbal ointments oils. Very old books about remedies.

The church began to sell their wares in trade. Humans thought the potents magical. Began to accept that immoral behaviour was not acceptable.

Community began to re emerge by tending care.

The promise of a man to his brothers.

The history story.

1000 years passed. The star fall returned. Brain mind irradiated again. Muslim brothers scientific theses emerged. If you cared to apply the review re emergence of the false mother maths.

Satan star returned.

So the moment prophetic to a Muslim community of the UK United kingdom moment exists. UK RA ine.

One meaning natural divine humanity divine divide.

Vide...videre....to See.

Ukraine human watching.....theme poor country rich man... rich men science to nuclear murdering family.

Innocent family.

Origin first science beginnings.

Poor man natural man became rich man by innocent families murder and threat of murder to control civilization trade power of God. Ra. Nuclear.

Had historically in origin decision destroyed all life on earth.

Innocent human spiritual human said we should not fight as we don't want to die.

Everyone died. He won.

Are you going to let it happen again?

A spiritual human said don't be like them...but who will save us?

Man's answer God will by blowing up life so no more suffering exists.

Scientist the theist of all observations claim I am copying the past origin science human story is exact.

A lot of humans believe in that status...if he's going to do it again we can't stop him.

Your choice is family United. If one man said I will destroy you by a God act and he is not God and the star was Satan...then what are you supporting?

The evil mother space maths womb thesis of men.

Thought to become richer for trade.

Hence his brothers need to be a united family. Be sensible and accurate about not letting it happen again. And realise human greed and irrational trade agreements is life's problem.

If humanity need to begin again for its personal sanctity men need to step forward with some rational clear ideas about the practicality of living United on earth as humanity.

See human greed as it is. Deal with the problem of any one brother together. As each one brother demonstrates his own brothers bad behaviour. You do it separately but own the same motivation.

To teach you have to gain the reasons for lifes continued choices of self destructive problems and deal with them once and for all.

If the world community tells them to put down their arms then mean it.

Walk away from the fight. This problem needs to be reviewed as a human condition in the world as a verbal argument community to produce fairness and equity for all.

It needs to be demanded based on all old hu man evidences as a legal world community agreed status just as it had before.

Sacrificed of life was titled Jesus and it was about all nations. Not just one community if any of you cared to be reasonable.