• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christian Books?

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
So, I am currently reading Mere Christianity by CS Lewis

And next up is The Pilgrim's Progress by John Bunyan

Can anyone recommend any other Christian book that might be good for me to read?

Psalm23

Can anyone recommend any other Christian book that might be good for me to read?

I liked the book Grace Abounding to the Chief of Sinners by John Bunyan. It tells much of his personal story involving his faith and religious anxieties he went through. It was a good read though it could potentially be triggering for someone who has religious fears or obsessions.

RestlessSoul

I'm currently reading A Confession by Leo Tolstoy. Having been brought up Orthodox Christian, Tolstoy lost his belief as a young man. He abandoned the church without completely giving up on the idea of God, and without rejecting Christ's message. Later in life, faced with a series of personal crises he found that only faith in some sort of divine power could help him find the answers to the big questions every thinking person must ask themselves at some point, ie; Who am I? What am I doing here? Where am I going?

rocala

Personally i believe the Bible is the only book a Christian person needs
Please do not take this as a criticism, but more as friendly advice. Regarding your statement above and other recent statements that you have made, such as "I don't give a ***** about others opinion about my faith". Do you not think that perhaps posting your opinions about someone's faith, a faith different from yours, might be seen as somewhat insensitive.
Just my opinion of course.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Please do not take this as a criticism, but more as friendly advice. Regarding your statement above and other recent statements that you have made, such as "I don't give a ***** about others opinion about my faith". Do you not think that perhaps posting your opinions about someone's faith, a faith different from yours, might be seen as somewhat insensitive.
Just my opinion of course.
I don't take it as a critique. But what I read is "please, since you dont give a crap about what others say about your own belief, don't tell others what your opinion is about their"

Fair enough

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member

Destined to Reign by Joseph Prince...

subject is about grace.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

A History of Christianity by Diarmaid MacCulloch is very interesting, although more historical than theological.

Something I think all Christians could benefit from is a better understanding of the history of their religion, hey @Seeker of White Light ...

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
Personally i believe the Bible is the only book a Christian person needs

There is certainly nothing improper in recommending that someone who is, or is interested in becoming, an adherent of a particular faith, read the scriptures of that faith. However, in your remark, so matter how inadvertent, you crossed a line.

I would ask you to consider what your response would be if, for example, I a Jew, were to answer a request by someone asking about Baha’i texts by naming one and saying it is really the only text one needs to read.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
There is certainly nothing improper in recommending that someone who is, or is interested in becoming, an adherent of a particular faith, read the scriptures of that faith. However, in your remark, so matter how inadvertent, you crossed a line.

I would ask you to consider what your response would be if, for example, I a Jew, were to answer a request by someone asking about Baha’i texts by naming one and saying it is really the only text one needs to read.
I answered from my understanding of Christianity, and i thought the bible or should i have maybe said dead s3a scrolls would be the most correct literature for aChristian to read.

Of course i could be wrong

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
I answered from my understanding of Christianity, and i thought the bible or should i have maybe said dead s3a scrolls would be the most correct literature for aChristian to read.
I think you are missing my point, but I’m not going to belabor the point and derail this thread.

Just forget I said anything.